[Updated 9 Dec] Reviving Smithing : Divinite

Zaaps1

A problem I see is the combat stats that would be required to realistically/efficiently mine the ore. I rarely train combat anymore, and there would be a lot of people who would much rather be able to mine it at level 3. I understand that some things should be difficult to get and require some combat stats, like living rock caverns for example. A level 3 would end up getting pwned one time or another even on world 84. But for the sake of saving the skill, I think all players should be able to take advantage. Especially considering the amount of skillers there are today.

And maybe it's for the sake of creativity but why write up this whole entire system, with names of the weapons and ores etc.? Jagex would never actually use all of these names anyway, so explaining the simple concept would be just as effective.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A problem I see is the combat stats that would be required to realistically/efficiently mine the ore. I rarely train combat anymore, and there would be a lot of people who would much rather be able to mine it at level 3. I understand that some things should be difficult to get and require some combat stats, like living rock caverns for example. A level 3 would end up getting pwned one time or another even on world 84. But for the sake of saving the skill, I think all players should be able to take advantage. Especially considering the amount of skillers there are today.

And maybe it's for the sake of creativity but why write up this whole entire system, with names of the weapons and ores etc.? Jagex would never actually use all of these names anyway, so explaining the simple concept would be just as effective.

So why dont you revive every old suggestion topic and uber-flame it <_<

@zaaps1 those pictures r awesome =D> :blink:

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

• 3 weeks later...

To prevent players from constantly switching between weapons/armor to rack up a lot of damage or to quickly KO, there is a "curse" system that prevents you from unequiping your Divine weapons/armor.

Whenever you equip any Divine equipment, you are "cursed" for your hubris against the Gods. While this curse does not damage you, it prevents you from unequiping the armor and it also doubles the rate your run energy is drained and halves the rate your stats are restored (does not make potions give a lesser stat boost). This curse can be removed three ways. Talking to any Priest/Monk/Follower of any God will allow you to remove the curse for a fee of 50k coins. If you possess any Godbook and 75 prayer, you can remove the curse yourself at any altar, but this will drain all of your prayer and immobilize you for 5 seconds per piece of equipment. Lastly, level 85 prayer unlocks the "Purification" prayer. If active for 1 minute straight outside of combat, all of your curses are removed. However, prayer is drained at a rate of 5 points per second, although it will drain less if you have prayer boosting gear on.

When a curse on an item is removed, it is automatically unequiped. If you equip it item again, you are instantly cursed again, even if it was just "uncursed".

I think you have a wonderful idea, but let me get this straight. If you are cursed, you can use the purification prayer for one minute, and you will become uncursed. But, if it drains five points per second, that would mean you would need 300 prayer points? Even with the highest possible prayer boost, it still only allows you to pray for 185% longer, so you would need a lot of prayer potions to maintain your prayer. Am I misunderstanding something, or has this part been overlooked?

[hide=Barrows Items]

Dharok's Helm x1

[/hide]

5f0eca7fa6.png

Ultrablobman.png

By design, you need to support your prayer by potions or altars. So yes, you understand fine, you need a LOT of prayer points.

By design, you need to support your prayer by potions or altars. So yes, you understand fine, you need a LOT of prayer points.

Ahh, thanks for that. I really like the idea of curses to stop you changing armours and weapons quickly.

[hide=Barrows Items]

Dharok's Helm x1

[/hide]

5f0eca7fa6.png

Ultrablobman.png

I think this idea is brilliant! Really I do. Smithing and mining are long over due for booster shot! Excellent concept art too!

There is only one problem I have with it though. Mining the ores seems a little too difficult. Whats the purpose of the elemental attacking you while you mine?

Sublexation.gif

Simply put, to increase the difficulty. The ore must be rare and hard to obtain. If you look how high-end armour and weapons are obtained today, there's a very real chance of death. If a similar chance was not added, it would be unbalanced.

Sorry but I can't support this. Smithing certainly needs an update to make it more viable. People need motivation to level it. Perhaps a Smithing Guild.

Can you more specifically explain why? Thanks.

Yeah ikr? :P

I think maybe Jagex saw this a while back?

Can you more specifically explain why? Thanks.

I think its that Smithing needs to be applied in charges, to mostly all armor. Like the charges in coifs(Except this would be crafting) - It would make people either 1) Level smithing -AKA Making smithing viable again or 2) Pay a lot of money to smiths to repair their stuff 3) Sell their completely degraded armor at a loss to smiths who can make money buying degraded armor

Creating new armor gets you no where.

I think I'm missing something, what charges in coifs? I don't get what you mean by adding charges.

Fog coifs. And battle robes.

Would these be untradeable? And would they make a new way to train smithing fast, I hope not because if they had done the same to pray/herb it wouldnt have been cool.

Smithing does need fixed

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

They are tradeable. Because smithing isn't like herblore, where you need a constant supply of items.

Thanks and welcome to TIF! :)