Good nastalgia or good ol' BS?

yanksrule

Although it would be an annoyingto have to use up inventory space, it would not make it impossible to do barrows or aviansies. In addition, you can sacrifice very small stats bonuses and bring a Slayer Ring, or Ring of Dueling to get to a bank.If I forgot to bring pray pots to barrows, I don't have a feature that supplies infinate prayer points just in case I forget. That is a more extreme example, but it did remove the element of "getting lost" or at least the idea that you need to bring a teleport along in order to teleport.

It isn't impossible to do something without the home teleport -- whenever I do one run per trip at Barrows, I bring a teleport. All I'm saying is that it allows us more freedom in what we can take there by freeing up at least one inventory space.

Also, the home teleport would be more analogous to free prayer points on a rarer basis -- similar to the Falador Shield, which hasn't imbalanced the game as far as I've noticed. It's quite balanced, making it a nice convenience in case you forget a teleport, but making sure that you can't abuse it to completely replace teleports -- sure, I never use one at Aviansies, but I'll use it soloing Bandos. It's not a replacement for conventional teleports, simply an alternative.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it would be an annoyingto have to use up inventory space, it would not make it impossible to do barrows or aviansies. In addition, you can sacrifice very small stats bonuses and bring a Slayer Ring, or Ring of Dueling to get to a bank.If I forgot to bring pray pots to barrows, I don't have a feature that supplies infinate prayer points just in case I forget. That is a more extreme example, but it did remove the element of "getting lost" or at least the idea that you need to bring a teleport along in order to teleport.

It isn't impossible to do something without the home teleport -- whenever I do one run per trip at Barrows, I bring a teleport. All I'm saying is that it allows us more freedom in what we can take there by freeing up at least one inventory space.

Also, the home teleport would be more analogous to free prayer points on a rarer basis -- similar to the Falador Shield, which hasn't imbalanced the game as far as I've noticed. It's quite balanced, making it a nice convenience in case you forget a teleport, but making sure that you can't abuse it to completely replace teleports -- sure, I never use one at Aviansies, but I'll use it soloing Bandos. It's not a replacement for conventional teleports, simply an alternative.

But you are intentionally using it in order to save inventory space. The main purpose that it was introduced was to prevent people from ever being "lost". Since the inclusion of these teleports, if you tele somewhere and forget to bring a tele back, then you can just use the home teleport. I believe that is bad for gameplay.

While it is a convienience, giving 8 dose pots would also be a convienience. Removing the degrade form barrows armor would also be a convienience. While you would have to find a bank again if you forgot to bring a tele, I can never remember being in a position where I wasn't capable of reaching a bank or some sort of tele point in a decent amount of time.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

But you are intentionally using it in order to save inventory space. The main purpose that it was introduced was to prevent people from ever being "lost". Since the inclusion of these teleports, if you tele somewhere and forget to bring a tele back, then you can just use the home teleport. I believe that is bad for gameplay.

While it is a convienience, giving 8 dose pots would also be a convienience. Removing the degrade form barrows armor would also be a convienience. While you would have to find a bank again if you forgot to bring a tele, I can never remember being in a position where I wasn't capable of reaching a bank or some sort of tele point in a decent amount of time.

Yes, it's a convenience, but it was balanced pretty well. You can't escape in the middle of combat and you can only use it every 30 minutes, so that severely limits the uses of it.

While I admit that is could be slightly "cheap" to use that instead of bringing a teleport, it's there and since it was put in specifically by Jagex, using it in that way isn't abusing a bug and I'll use it to the fullest.

The bottom line of it, in my mind, is this: It's balanced, so it didn't make teleports obsolete. And as long as it's not a bug, then I will use it if I feel that it's worth using.

It being bad for gameplay is mostly opinion, though.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png