Good nastalgia or good ol' BS?

yanksrule

Could it be possible for the money JaGEx put forward into the forums to be returned by an increase in advertisement prices, because FTP play more, seeing as the goal of 12.5million would be possible to achieve, so more players try to keep playing until that point.

Maybe they could of even made profit?

If they update FTP then i'm sure they'd increase advertisment prices, to cover the cost.

Do people actually want to be on the RSOF? People set that as a goal? :?

Also, please remember that JaGEx isn't doing advertising companies a favor by selling advertisement locations. Arbitrarily raising prices is not conducive to good business.

I'm sure JaGEx wouldn't compromise our updates to help something they are making no profit off. They must have their reasons, which I doubt would be to make players they make very little revenue off, happy.
Actually, there was a post by Gerhard that said the company was about fun, they didn't care if they lost money. I'm not sure if that was in the forums or not though, so it may be gone. Surely somebody else browsing this thread remembers what I'm talking about.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compfreak, Jagex obviously let F2P's into the forums for a reason. If F2P gets forums, Jagex can get a clearer idea of what needs changing in f2p which will maybe bring more people into the game who will stay because they are interested and all of them are potential members (and they will tell all their friends about Runescape as well) which will probably cover the cost of the extra F2P's on the forums. If i'm talking about something completly different my bad.

yanksrule thanks for deleting my post.

[developmentally delayed].

excuse me? i haven't reported anything so don't try to blame anything on me

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

That's why I started my response with a question, as you seemed to claim that they were enjoyable by default.

Nope, but you specifically said you enjoyed them. Clear enough?

Compfreak, not meaning this to be down your neck or anything, but could it be possible for the money jagex put forward into the forums be returned by an increase in advertisment prices, because FTP play more, seeing as the goal of 12.5million would be possible to achieve, so more players try to keep playing untill that point.

Maybe they could of even made profit?

If they update FTP then i'm sure they'd increase advertisment prices, to cover the cost.

I'm sure Jagex wouldn't compromise our updates to help something they are making no profit off. They must have their reasons, which i doubt would be to make players they make very little revenue off, happy.

Take a look at costs vs. advertising revenue. FTP costs dwarf the revenue; the more people who play FTP, the more money Jagex loses. Logic fail.

Compfreak, Jagex obviously let F2P's into the forums for a reason. If F2P gets forums, Jagex can get a clearer idea of what needs changing in f2p which will maybe bring more people into the game who will stay because they are interested and all of them are potential members (and they will tell all their friends about Runescape as well) which will probably cover the cost of the extra F2P's on the forums. If i'm talking about something completly different my bad.

The goal isn't to make people want to play FTP, it's to make them play PTP. Yes, reeling in players to FTP is important, but it works against them in the same manner - it'll drag down players who decide they don't need PTP or don't have to upgrade. The problem is that PTP while PTP makes a profit, FTP hemorrhages money and is subsidized almost exclusively by PTP.

Actually, there was a post by Gerhard that said the company was about fun, they didn't care if they lost money. I'm not sure if that was in the forums or not though, so it may be gone. Surely somebody else browsing this thread remembers what I'm talking about.

Typical marketing BS. Jagex is a company, they aren't out to make people feel good. Saying something like that puts them in a good light, but notice that they are registered as a for-profit corporation.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

That's why I started my response with a question, as you seemed to claim that they were enjoyable by default.

Nope, but you specifically said you enjoyed them. Clear enough?

My level of enjoyment is equal when there are updates and when there aren't.

Clear enough for you?

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

My level of enjoyment is equal when there are updates and when there aren't.

Clear enough for you?

So you don't enjoy updates, and no update has ever increased your enjoyment of the game. Sort of contrary to your previous posts, but as long as your sticking to it now it's fine with me. Good to know you FINALLY answered my question -.-

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

So you don't enjoy updates, and no update has ever increased your enjoyment of the game. Sort of contrary to your previous posts, but as long as your sticking to it now it's fine with me. Good to know you FINALLY answered my question -.-

I have played since before RS2, and yet I still have P2P, a spirit shield, Bandos and Armadyl armour, have owned godswords, slay with a whip, own a slayer helmet, have leveled up summoning, hunter, construction, farming, slayer, and runecrafting. I've spent hours playing Stealing Creation and tested out Soul Wars, I own full void (all three) and use ways of leveling up that didn't exist years ago.

And I would still enjoy the game if I was in f2p mining iron with a little pickaxe in a thought bubble above my head.

I fail to see why you don't understand any of this.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

I have played since before RS2, and yet I still have P2P, a spirit shield, Bandos and Armadyl armour, have owned godswords, slay with a whip, own a slayer helmet, have leveled up summoning, hunter, construction, farming, slayer, and runecrafting. I've spent hours playing Stealing Creation and tested out Soul Wars, I own full void (all three) and use ways of leveling up that didn't exist years ago.

And what does that have too do with anything?

And I would still enjoy the game if I was in f2p mining iron with a little pickaxe in a thought bubble above my head.

More or less then you do currently.

I fail to see why you don't understand any of this.

Ditto.

DeviledEgg24.png

And what does that have too do with anything?

That updates do affect me and how I play the game -- you seem to think I'm in this bubble.

More or less then you do currently.

(should have had a question mark) Maybe more, maybe less. And what is with your need to micromanage this? They change my enjoyment, sometimes more, sometimes less. It doesn't have such a large impact that I feel my $5 is wasted if I get less.

Get it through your head.

MischlingsSH.png

That updates do affect me and how I play the game -- you seem to think I'm in this bubble.

So are they in a good way or bad way.

(should have had a question mark) Maybe more, maybe less. And what is with your need to micromanage this? They change my enjoyment, sometimes more, sometimes less. It doesn't have such a large impact that I feel my $5 is wasted if I get less.

So you don't even know if you enjoy updates or not? Get back to me when you decide, otherwise your simply making yourself look foolish by flip flopping every other post. Since you seem to feel the need to finish every post with a personal insult, I'll be ignoring them from now on.

DeviledEgg24.png

So you don't even know if you enjoy updates or not? Get back to me when you decide, otherwise your simply making yourself look foolish by flip flopping every other post. Since you seem to feel the need to finish every post with a personal insult, I'll be ignoring them from now on.

They just don't have a massive impact on my gaming. Some I enjoy, some I don't.

Maybe I can close this whole damn thing with this: I'm more laid back then you are. $5 a month isn't enough for me to feel the need to follow every little place the money goes. I get more than enough enjoyment out of it to want to micromanage everything.

MischlingsSH.png

They just don't have a massive impact on my gaming. Some I enjoy, some I don't.

Maybe I can close this whole damn thing with this: I'm more laid back then you are. $5 a month isn't enough for me to feel the need to follow every little place the money goes. I get more than enough enjoyment out of it to want to micromanage everything.

Agree completely. That's why I just posted once saying I didn't like the direction Jagex was taking with it. Glad you see that now :P

DeviledEgg24.png

it's safe to say the majority of people don't want to go around mining iron all day on f2p. it's boring monotnus and it's got the excitement of a lecture about the history of german anthropology in a language you can't understand. if i wanted to mine iron all day i might as well just play tetris. it's more exciting and i can show my talents on youtube and get millions of views. you are amoung a minority of people who don't like updates. if people don't like updates then there would be none. jagex is a slave to their consumers and if they want updates, updates they shall get. however with the opening up of forums, updates shall be slowed down.

otherwise enjoy your iron. i'll go play stealing creation.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

it's safe to say the majority of people don't want to go around mining iron all day on f2p. it's boring monotnus and it's got the excitement of a lecture about the history of german anthropology in a language you can't understand. if i wanted to mine iron all day i might as well just play tetris. it's more exciting and i can show my talents on youtube and get millions of views. you are amoung a minority of people who don't like updates. if people don't like updates then there would be none. jagex is a slave to their consumers and if they want updates, updates they shall get. however with the opening up of forums, updates shall be slowed down.

otherwise enjoy your iron. i'll go play stealing creation.

It's a personal opinion, we can't agree or disagree with him. Just saving him the trouble of posting this :lol:

DeviledEgg24.png

Take a look at costs vs. advertising revenue. FTP costs dwarf the revenue; the more people who play FTP, the more money Jagex loses. Logic fail.

Sorry, but Jagex knows more about Jagex then you.

Logic fail. :lol:

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

Logic fail. :lol:

Not seeing it. Perhaps you could elaborate. I'll re word things so that you understand them a bit better:

#1: Jagex loses money when people sign up for FTP

#2: Jagex knows more about their game then you do

I'm not seeing the problem.

DeviledEgg24.png

I thought that was hilarious. You say they know what their doing yet their logic fails :lol:

Could you point out the part where I said that no one but Jagex knew about their finances? I'm afraid I couldn't find it, and I certainly don't recall any statements made by Jagex saying FTP was earning them large piles of cash.

DeviledEgg24.png

This was the answer i was after, but you didn't have to be rude about it.

Did you know half the worlds population is below average intelligence?

33krrlj.jpg

I personally believe that the Home teleport DID degrade gameplay. The Home Teleport was not a gameplay innovation. They can add any teleport to anywhere at anytime. It did remove a difficulty, however. A difficulty that was not just an annoyance, like the inability to drop your entire inventory, but a real gameplay problem.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Mod Edit:Please stop quoting posts which you have reported, as you know we will have to edit the post quoting it. All you need to do is report it, and await a moderator to take action. :thumbup: ~Rainy_Day

My Edit: Sorry, I was hoping to keep him from constantly posting about his posts being removed, but I'll let the mods handle it from now on :P ~Compfreak847

This was the answer i was after, but you didn't have to be rude about it.

It was an answer I posted many, many times throughout the thread. I don't like when people barge in making arguments I disproved long ago.

DeviledEgg24.png

(I've stopped trying to defend my stance concerning updates, as many people seemed incapable of understanding it. I don't think it's that complicated, but maybe that's just me.)

I personally believe that the Home teleport DID degrade gameplay. The Home Teleport was not a gameplay innovation. They can add any teleport to anywhere at anytime. It did remove a difficulty, however. A difficulty that was not just an annoyance, like the inability to drop your entire inventory, but a real gameplay problem.

Well, you do have a point in the fact that a person can go pretty much anywhere and not need to come prepared with a teleport in case things get ugly.

At the same time, it saves precious inventory in some places that are relatively inconvenient to get to and therefore you need to come with as much of your inventory available for supplies rather than a teleport as possible (Barrows and Aviansies are two that I personally never bring teleports with me to unless I'm only going to be there less than 30 minutes (which is rare)).

MischlingsSH.png

The home teleport issue is old, but if you're going with the theme of players complaining over everything, I agree.

Home teleport is a godsend most times; I really don't have to go into detail. I think opening the duel arena to F2P was cool, too, and most of the updates Jagex does.

I am starting to think that it's a habit of Rs players to shout down any new ideas Jagex has.

guideicon.png

I am starting to think that it's a habit of Rs players to shout down any new ideas Jagex has.

When did this brilliant deduction take place? :? :lol:

DeviledEgg24.png

(I've stopped trying to defend my stance concerning updates, as many people seemed incapable of understanding it. I don't think it's that complicated, but maybe that's just me.)

Well, you do have a point in the fact that a person can go pretty much anywhere and not need to come prepared with a teleport in case things get ugly.

At the same time, it saves precious inventory in some places that are relatively inconvenient to get to and therefore you need to come with as much of your inventory available for supplies rather than a teleport as possible (Barrows and Aviansies are two that I personally never bring teleports with me to unless I'm only going to be there less than 30 minutes (which is rare)).

Although it would be an annoyingto have to use up inventory space, it would not make it impossible to do barrows or aviansies. In addition, you can sacrifice very small stats bonuses and bring a Slayer Ring, or Ring of Dueling to get to a bank.If I forgot to bring pray pots to barrows, I don't have a feature that supplies infinate prayer points just in case I forget. That is a more extreme example, but it did remove the element of "getting lost" or at least the idea that you need to bring a teleport along in order to teleport.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3