Good nastalgia or good ol' BS?

yanksrule

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that I have a problem with it, it's that those two statements have nothing to do with each other and the second has nothing to do with your point.

Here, let me give you an example. I have 50$ (the game). That's good. Every now and then I get an additional 5$ (the updates). I think that's good. Therefore, anything that increases the frequency of those 5$ payments is good, and anything that decreases them is bad. That good or bad has nothing whatsoever to do with the 50$; I could have 5,000,000 or $.02, and it wouldn't affect it.

Those two statements have a lot to do with it. I don't know how I can make it any simpler. That analogy is trash -- the majority of updates are like no payment -- they have negligible effect on my gameplay (many quests that can stand alone, graphical updates (I still mostly play in SD, except during some quests with cutscenes), and the like). I am satisfied with the game as it is right now. If there is an update that improves it in the future, then I will welcome it. If it doesn't, then I am still playing a game that I enjoy. If I could, I'd play Classic, since I liked the game the way it was and it doesn't matter to me if it's updated or not. I enjoy the game whether or not it is updated. If there is an update that I like, I will welcome it. I pay to play the full game -- the frequent updates are extras -- I don't get what the hell you can't understand here.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

It's not that I have a problem with it, it's that those two statements have nothing to do with each other and the second has nothing to do with your point.

Here, let me give you an example. I have 50$ (the game). That's good. Every now and then I get an additional 5$ (the updates). I think that's good. Therefore, anything that increases the frequency of those 5$ payments is good, and anything that decreases them is bad. That good or bad has nothing whatsoever to do with the 50$; I could have 5,000,000 or $.02, and it wouldn't affect it.

Those two statements have a lot to do with it. I don't know how I can make it any simpler. That analogy is trash -- the majority of updates are like no payment -- they have negligible effect on my gameplay (many quests that can stand alone, graphical updates (I still mostly play in SD, except during some quests with cutscenes), and the like). I am satisfied with the game as it is right now. If there is an update that improves it in the future, then I will welcome it. If it doesn't, then I am still playing a game that I enjoy. If I could, I'd play Classic, since I liked the game the way it was and it doesn't matter to me if it's updated or not. I enjoy the game whether or not it is updated. If there is an update that I like, I will welcome it. I pay to play the full game -- the frequent updates are extras -- I don't get what the hell you can't understand here.

All the updates are benefits to SOMEONE - just because you don't enjoy them doesn't mean they are worthless. And your still missing the point - fewer updates period = fewer updates you enjoy.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with you enjoy the game regardless, so PLEASE stop posting that. How much you enjoy the game in no way relates to what I'm saying or how much you enjoy updates. I'm asking if you enjoy updates or not - it's that simple. If you don't enjoy updates, then you don't care if the game is updated. If you do enjoy updates - even if it's only once in a great while, then you DO care if the game is updated. It doesn't matter if I have a penny or a million dollars, 5$ more is still appreciated. It's the level of appreciate that changes, not the appreciation itself.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Haha maybe the updates they "lost" when f2p got forums was trash :lol:

And maybe it was something like Summoning or Slayer. It's all about the averages, baby. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

All the updates are benefits to SOMEONE - just because you don't enjoy them doesn't mean they are worthless. And your still missing the point - fewer updates period = fewer updates you enjoy.

Because I don't enjoy them means that they have no value to me -- you're changing the argument. Last I checked, I'm not arguing about their value to the game as a whole.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with you enjoy the game regardless, so PLEASE stop posting that. How much you enjoy the game in no way relates to what I'm saying or how much you enjoy updates. I'm asking if you enjoy updates or not - it's that simple. If you don't enjoy updates, then you don't care if the game is updated. If you do enjoy updates - even if it's only once in a great while, then you DO care if the game is updated. It doesn't matter if I have a penny or a million dollars, 5$ more is still appreciated.

I don't see how the fact that I enjoy the game regardless of updates has nothing to do with this. It has EVERYTHING to do with this. That is how I managed to play as f2p for years before I got members -- few updates for YEARS (RS2 is the only one that I can remember) and yet I still played the game.

I don't know what the hell is going over your head here. You're trying to say that things that are relevant are gibberish and trying to define the entire thing on your terms. I feel like I'm in an episode of Matlock or something, where you think anything that doesn't fit into your narrow view of the topic is irrelevant. My way of thinking does not revolve around your axioms.

I enjoy the game the way it is.

I enjoy updates to the game.

I'm not going to [bleep] about my money being wasted because we get slightly fewer updates. Why? (Pay attention here) Although I enjoy updates, there is more than enough in the game already for me to enjoy. Fewer updates simply means more time that I can spend on what's already in the game. More updates means that I can spend time doing newer things in the game, some of which I might enjoy.

Either way, I enjoy it.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Because I don't enjoy them means that they have no value to me -- you're changing the argument. Last I checked, I'm not arguing about their value to the game as a whole.

But it affects you. More people enjoying updates = more money from the game, for the game = more updates overall = more updates you enjoy.

I don't see how the fact that I enjoy the game regardless of updates has nothing to do with this. It has EVERYTHING to do with this. That is how I managed to play as f2p for years before I got members -- few updates for YEARS (RS2 is the only one that I can remember) and yet I still played the game.

So what? I'll try to put it into mathmatics for you. X is how much you enjoy the game. If you add to X (updates you enjoy) it grows larger. If you subtact from X (updates you dislike) it grows smaller. It doesn't matter what X is.

I'm not going to [bleep] about my money being wasted because we get slightly fewer updates. Why? (Pay attention here) Although I enjoy updates, there is more than enough in the game already for me to enjoy. Fewer updates simply means more time that I can spend on what's already in the game. More updates means that I can spend time doing newer things in the game, some of which I might enjoy.

So do you or don't you like updates as a whole? Your still not communicating that. If you like updates, then less of a good thing is bad, more of it is good. Don't even try and pull the "too much of a good thing" argument, as we're not discussing an overabundance of updates thanks to steep learning curves.

DeviledEgg24.png

I had typed up a long, thought-out post to reply to this, but it's become obvious to me that it doesn't matter what I do.

You are not going to convince me that I am wrong because that would be trying to say "You don't really think that" -- yes, I do, I know what I think, and when I don't, I make that pretty damned clear.

I have explained my reasoning. I don't need you trying to turn this into Algebra 1 -- I UNDERSTAND THIS. If you've missed it after I've explained it, fine, go right ahead and think what you want. There comes a point when even I get sick of arguing with people. That usually comes around the time that they refuse to consider my point of view as valid, which you are far past. Apparently you're so attached to your view of the world that trying to see it from another is impossible, at which point I think that you're out of place trying to hold a civil debate.

MischlingsSH.png

I have explained my reasoning. I don't need you trying to turn this into Algebra 1 -- I UNDERSTAND THIS. If you've missed it after I've explained it, fine, go right ahead and think what you want. There comes a point when even I get sick of arguing with people. That usually comes around the time that they refuse to consider my point of view as valid, which you are far past. Apparently you're so attached to your view of the world that trying to see it from another is impossible, at which point I think that you're out of place trying to hold a civil debate.

I can see from your point of view - that the game is good enough for you, and you don't care what happens to improve or detract from it. However, from a logical standpoint your view simply does not hold water. We are all welcome to our own opinions, but they can also be wrong. Recognizing when our opinions are incorrect is a necessary but difficult to learn skill.

DeviledEgg24.png

I can see from your point of view - that the game is good enough for you, and you don't care what happens to improve or detract from it. However, from a logical standpoint your view simply does not hold water. We are all welcome to our own opinions, but they can also be wrong. Recognizing when our opinions are incorrect is a necessary but difficult to learn skill.

Using what logic? From what set of axioms? That you're paying for updates? I'm paying for the game that's already there.

MischlingsSH.png

Haha maybe the updates they "lost" when f2p got forums was trash :lol:

And maybe it was something like Summoning or Slayer. It's all about the averages, baby. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average

1 summon. And um. Slayer sucks :lol:

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

Using what logic? From what set of axioms? That you're paying for updates? I'm paying for the game that's already there.

And I'm paying for both the game and continued updates. http://www.runescape.com/members/members.ws

Notice the FIRST item on that list. Anything that deprives me of that is reducing the bang for my buck, something I dislike that prompted me to write a single, mature post on the general discussion about.

DeviledEgg24.png

Notice the FIRST item on that list. Anything that deprives me of that is reducing the bang for my buck, something I dislike that prompted me to write a single, mature post on the general discussion about.

Regular content updates. You're still getting them. You're not being deprived of anything.

MischlingsSH.png

Regular content updates. You're still getting them. You're not being deprived of anything.

But I'm getting fewer of them, resulting in less value for my money - something I don't like, and something which I have every right to disagree with.

DeviledEgg24.png

But I'm getting fewer of them, resulting in less value for my money - something I don't like, and something which I have every right to disagree with.

Less value for your money is all the time you spend not playing the game -- you paid for a month's membership. Every hour you spend sleeping is less time you can spend playing and therefore less value for your money. Why not complain about the need for sleep?

MischlingsSH.png

Less value for your money is all the time you spend not playing the game -- you paid for a month's membership. Every hour you spend sleeping is less time you can spend playing and therefore less value for your money. Why not complain about the need for sleep?

Because all of those are natural factors controlled by me, not Jagex. It's my personal choice to balance those to suit my playing style and decided how much enjoyment I derive from them. It's also my personal choice to disagree when Jagex does something to change that and reduce my enjoyment.

DeviledEgg24.png

Because all of those are natural factors controlled by me, not Jagex. It's my personal choice to balance those to suit my playing style and decided how much enjoyment I derive from them. It's also my personal choice to disagree when Jagex does something to change that and reduce my enjoyment.

It's controlled by you? Go without sleep for two weeks. Go ahead, try it.

MischlingsSH.png

It's controlled by you? Go without sleep for two weeks. Go ahead, try it.

That would reduce my enjoyment, further proving my point. It's currently controlled so that I obtain the optimum enjoyment from it overall, but reducing update frequency is dropping that.

DeviledEgg24.png

That would reduce my enjoyment, further proving my point. It's currently controlled so that I obtain the optimum enjoyment from it overall, but reducing update frequency is dropping that.

That further proves your point? It's time wasted that you're not spending getting the most out of the membership that you paid for.

I'm beginning to think that our ways of thinking are so opposite it's pointless continuing this. I'm here for the ride, you're fretting that we're only going only 10 over and could get there faster if we went 15 over.

MischlingsSH.png

That further proves your point? It's time wasted that you're not spending getting the most out of the membership that you paid for.

But I enjoy debating more then play RS at the moment, so I'm making the choice to do this instead. Again, completely under my control.

I'm beginning to think that our ways of thinking are so opposite it's pointless continuing this. I'm here for the ride, you're fretting that we're only going only 10 over and could get there faster if we went 15 over.

No, because the faster we go the more enjoyment we derive. I'm saying "I get more enjoyment from the game when there are more updates I enjoy". There is no logical way to disprove that, and it's a corollary to "Because I enjoy updates more then I dislike them, increasing update frequency means increase enjoyment". It's very simple and very indisputable logic.

DeviledEgg24.png

No, because the faster we go the more enjoyment we derive. I'm saying "I get more enjoyment from the game when there are more updates I enjoy". There is no logical way to disprove that, and it's a corollary to "Because I enjoy updates more then I dislike them, increasing update frequency means increase enjoyment". It's very simple and very indisputable logic.

And all updates are enjoyed? None negatively affect your gameplay at all? That is the unmentioned assumption behind your logic, which is quite a big assumption to make.

MischlingsSH.png

And all updates are enjoyed? None negatively affect your gameplay at all? That is the unmentioned assumption behind your logic, which is quite a big assumption to make.

Could you point out the line where I said that? I'll point out the line where I said quite the opposite, you even quoted it: "I enjoy updates more then I dislike them". In general, I enjoy updates more then I dislike them. Yeah, some inconvenience me, but the good ones more then balance it out, and in general I derive enjoyment from updates. Be back tomorrow to continue this.

DeviledEgg24.png

Could you point out the line where I said that? I'll point out the line where I said quite the opposite, you even quoted it: "I enjoy updates more then I dislike them". In general, I enjoy updates more then I dislike them. Yeah, some inconvenience me, but the good ones more then balance it out, and in general I derive enjoyment from updates. Be back tomorrow to continue this.

That's why I started my response with a question, as you seemed to claim that they were enjoyable by default.

And you can be back tomorrow, but I won't. I'm tired of this.

I'll stick to doing what I enjoy somewhere else where I'm not attacked and completely misunderstood at every turn.

MischlingsSH.png

Compfreak, not meaning this to be down your neck or anything, but could it be possible for the money jagex put forward into the forums be returned by an increase in advertisment prices, because FTP play more, seeing as the goal of 12.5million would be possible to achieve, so more players try to keep playing untill that point.

Maybe they could of even made profit?

If they update FTP then i'm sure they'd increase advertisment prices, to cover the cost.

I'm sure Jagex wouldn't compromise our updates to help something they are making no profit off. They must have their reasons, which i doubt would be to make players they make very little revenue off, happy.

Did you know half the worlds population is below average intelligence?

33krrlj.jpg