Good nastalgia or good ol' BS?

yanksrule

there is a constant reminiscing of the "good old times" in runescape. For the record this is not about how the wilderness did anything to rs. i think we've heard enough of that allready. no in fact this is about how some features about having something like a home telleport is apparently aiding in the destruction of "adventuring" in runescape. let me just say something to just about all of you- This is a computer game. you have this fake person that can some-what represent what you have pride/enjoyment in (hence yanksrule or pkd u lulz) do things that are only possible in imaginative minds. you [cannot] go around killing dragons, growing a maple tree in a matter of 1 day, make platelegs in 3 seconds, or teleport across different areas. i'm posotive you can't. so lets just put all of this whole "runescape used to be/currently is/will be a place for adventuring and conquest etc. etc." because that's like saying that star wars was really just a representation of how america staged the moonlanding.

so lets get to the point. the home teleport is not going to ruin runescape. i like to do monster killing from time to time. i like to not have to bring runes. i like bringing a fury so that i can hit hard and all the good things that come with it. they drop lots of stuff and every little inventory space counts. so having 1-3 inventory spaces is like asking me to go in there with cooked meat as food. why the CABBAGE would i do that? it makes no sense. a teleport that takes no room no matter what... it's almost a godsend.

here's what i say. if you go and say that the home teleport is ruining/ruined runescape then you may say that about the cook/fletch x. which is another thing that hasn't at all ruined rs.

some more kahbageh- some people have found it a waste of the money that members pay with f2p getting forums. this is so because it was a privellage for people to use the forums and it was widely used for so long by members. also because jagex may be losing money because of it. because of the loss of money there will be less money used put forward for good quality updates.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually nostalgia, but that's been warped in a lot of people's minds. So it comes out as foma instead of complete truth.

Why do people hate Home Teleport though? I mean to say that "killed" RuneScape? Really?

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

Any time one persons gameplay is changed, they claim that change has 'ruined' the game for them. PKers were forced to change and adopt new tactics, therefore they though it was 'ruined'. People who don't like the community claim it was more mature etc. etc. blah blah even when it wasn't. Time heals all wounds.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Lol people are saying home tele is ruining Runescape?

Name an update that people DON'T say is ruining RS...

Yeah, I honestly can't think of any major update that SOMEONE didn't whine about.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Yes, because it was catering to a lower levels along with tutors and other things. People complained that they didn't have it when they were a level 3.

Yeah, I honestly can't think of any major update that SOMEONE didn't whine about.

People even complained about the running update...

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Yes, because it was catering to a lower levels along with tutors and other things. People complained that they didn't have it when they were a level 3.

Well I knew people complained about the tutors, but not about home tele. What surprises me even more is that they're still at it.

I

Ah yes, the good old days. I have them. Though it is nothing more than nostalgia of being a noob in a new world full of stuff to explore. If I had to go back to the way RS was in 2001 I would quit instantly. The good old days are nothing more than a few good memories of having fun with a game. A game which is now hopelessly outdated and which nobody would play, except for a few nutcases.

Well I knew people complained about the tutors, but not about home tele. What surprises me even more is that they're still at it.

I

Every single major update has been met by crowds and riots threatening to quit if Jagex doesn't change it to what they want immediately. Such is the RS community.

DeviledEgg24.png

It's just a bunch of people who had to go through the pain and suffering of not having a convenient teleport so they don' think anyone should get it. Basically all their rants boil down to: "hey, that's not fair, I had a hard time so EVERYONE should have just as much of a hard time".

The game updates, things change.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

i'm fairly certain that in an article of the tip it times it said something about the home teleport doing something to rs. don't specifically remember the article however.

i hate people so i rant about them a lot. some people lend an ear and don't rip my threads to shreds which is kinda cool. i should get another category for these peoples

1004.png

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

The home teleport? I wasn't aware that many people were opposed to it. That have been updates which changed how the majority of players moved around the maps to a far greater extent than the home teleport ever did. You can't escape combat with it, you can't use it repeatedly because it's only one cast per 30 minutes.

Anyway, there was a free teleport to Lumbridge beforehand. Bank your items, throw yourself into the nearest monster that can kill you reasonably quickly, then go to the nearest bank and get your items again. Simples.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I dont know why having it is so bad. To me its like an emergancy teleport if i get stuck somewhere and the only way out is death or wait two hours for someone to walk past and give me runes. Take Giant Rock Crabs, in 2005 I was trying to kill them and ended up with only 5HP left, no food, no prayer. If I ran through them i'd die either by them or the Dagonnoth waiting so I was forced to wait an hour till two friends came with teleport runes for me. Thankfully now if such thing happens I wont be stuck (Though if its an agressive area it'll be a pain looking for a safespot to teleport from...)

Popoto.~<3

Only thing from the old days I really enjoy is pking. Other than that not too much is missed. I think home teleport is a great thing! Just remember that it was designed for new players who get lost, not for lazy people who don't feel like bringing teles.

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

The game updates, things change.

Exactly.

The inflexible and inadaptible RS community just can't bear to see more convenient, easier, more fun, etc. ways to do something now when they did something the "old fashioned" and so-called honourable way earlier.

Those who can't adapt die (quit rs). Those who can survive (continue playing rs). Basic law of evolution: Survival of the fittest.

I

Every single major update has been met by crowds and riots threatening to quit if Jagex doesn't change it to what they want immediately. Such is the RS community.

And the VALVe community, and the Bungie community, and the fighting game community etc...

Prism_Swords.png

Runescapers like that are a lot like old people. They're convinced that the old days were so much better and anything that makes anything faster or more convenient should be banned, just because they had to do it the hard way eons ago.

The same people who complain when stuff gets faster complain when it gets slower. These people just lump into a group we call "never satisfied", and not unlike that group of old people, get a phone call once or twice a year to make sure they're still alive.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Lol, like the time you whined about F2P getting RSOF

He had reason for that. COMPFREAK IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

i always get giddy when compfreak is disproved or agrees with me. i feel like such a tool but w/e idc.

1004.png

The dungeon maps are going to ruin runescape!

OT, really people put their hate on something :)

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

Making a single, accurate post based on solid evidence that maturely discussed the pros and cons of the direction Jagex was moving in doesn't really count as "a feeble, peevish complaint" (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/whine). I'm still allowed to disagree when I think there is reason to, even if it means arguing against the whole of TIF. And winning.

You should have seen my inbox the day after that post, here's a sample of the trash thrown my way: "wow ur such a nerd, gtfo tif no one here wants u. idc if u report this cuz i made this acc just to send this so idc if it gets banned. get a life loser grow a pair and stop acting like a little kid". I had to clear out my inbox twice in 3 days, as I kept hitting the message limit.

But I still won :twisted:

i always get giddy when compfreak is disproved or agrees with me. i feel like such a tool but w/e idc.

I don't recall either of the two happening on this thread :?

DeviledEgg24.png

thats the most stupid thing i heard someone say has ruined RS and i have heard some pretty stupid things its only bad if you hate things being covient lol

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).