What to train combat on - take drops into consideration.

boelie

Hi,

I've been training on hobgoblins, mainly because they gives nice drops. A full inventory of limpwurt roots (which they drop very frequently) sells for roughly 30k. I don't even have to kill that many of them before I get a full inventory full. But I think I've gotten a little to strong to be training on these guys. Here are my stats: attack/strenght/defence, all 50. Combat level 61.

So, what can I train on that'll give me some respectable drops? Or should I keep training on these hobgoblins for a while?

Hobgoblins are fine

Your never too strong

if your too strong its better :)

most of the good spots will be taken really

i would say flesh crawlers but not the best drops

Jamje.png

null and void

I tried training on cockroach workers yesterday because their drops are valuable but I don't like the fact that they don't drop bones and their mithril armour drops don't sell on the grand ex. I also tried ice giants, but I kept getting atacked by ice warriors. So I guess I'm sticking with hobgoblins.

I would vote to stay at the hobgoblins until around 75 or so combat, then you can move on to bigger things (Like Ankous!)

[spoiler=Goals]GeneralTedd.png

GeneralTedd.pngGeneralTedd.png

[] 30m

[] Chaotic Rapier

[] Chaotic Crossbow

[] Chaotic Kiteshield

[] 50m

[] D Claws

I tried training on cockroach workers yesterday because their drops are valuable but I don't like the fact that they don't drop bones and their mithril armour drops don't sell on the grand ex. I also tried ice giants, but I kept getting atacked by ice warriors. So I guess I'm sticking with hobgoblins.

What's so bad about ice warriors? I train there sometimes, and I fight almost exclusively ice warriors. Yet I get excellent results.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

What's so bad about ice warriors? I train there sometimes, and I fight almost exclusively ice warriors. Yet I get excellent results.

The OP want to have bones as well. Ice warriors do not drop bones, Ice giants do. Also, Ice warriors are tougher, especially at his/her levels.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

roachs rune scim and sq ankous in stronghold of security are nice lots of mith and addy arrows death runes roachs drop 3mith 1addy ore to noted so try each out me personally get bored in 1 spot for to long

phixcire.png

D.Drops=Skirt9 Med9 Spear2 Visage2 Legs6 boots35 shield half1 whip15 dbow5

phixcire.png

phixcire.png