Slayer question--Monsters.

deadngone

Hi, I was wondering which slayer master gives to best monster that gives the most exp? Im guessin dagganoths, but does any slayer master gives it "MOST" of the time? Im using the one in shilo atm ( I don't care about points right now).

king_n981.png

king_n981.png

Hi, I was wondering which slayer master gives to best monster that gives the most exp? Im guessin dagganoths, but does any slayer master gives it "MOST" of the time? Im using the one in shilo atm ( I don't care about points right now).

Shilo is the best xp. You'll want to stay there. :thumbup:

Arguably, Sumona may be better. But not for higher levels when you throw in high-level equipment, cannon, and all the other things. Unless you've done like no quests and are relatively poor, stick with Shilo.

Okay.. Shilo.. But i keep getting repeating task.. such as ... dusties, greater demons,fire giants, some irons drgs, hellhounds..I never get any different. In tip it it has like 30-50 different kinds of monster that Shilo master gives.. and yet it get only 5-8 of the same -.- .

Are there any specific quest i must complete? If there are name em, Ill do em! :lol: .

king_n981.png

king_n981.png

If there is a monster that is specifically introduced by doing a quest or mini-"activity" such as Mith Dragons (barb training) or Scarabites (Dealing with Scarabis) as well as various others, than that could be a reason.

A lot of the time with slayer though, certain monsters get stuck on a "loop" and just repeat. So it could just be that, keep at it, don't get discouraged.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

If you're up for cannoning though, use sumona as the majority of her task can be cannoned. I also have a loop. I've tried clearing my blocked list and resetting it but i still get the same tasks. So maybe switching up the masters can get you a little more variety.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Get 200 QP, got me out of my Fire Giants, Greater Demons & Black Demons loop i was stuck in. Now I'm getting Nechryaels, Waterfiends, Gargoyles etc., tasks which I've never had before :)

Patrik001.png

88102pbj 8a - BANNED at 108 combat 2004 - 84 Combat RSC.

Patrik001 - 72 Attack 50 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

X Patrik X - 85 Attack 75 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

Okay.. Shilo.. But i keep getting repeating task.. such as ... dusties, greater demons,fire giants, some irons drgs, hellhounds..I never get any different. In tip it it has like 30-50 different kinds of monster that Shilo master gives.. and yet it get only 5-8 of the same -.- .

Are there any specific quest i must complete? If there are name em, Ill do em! :lol: .

You might have to do more quests to unlock certain monsters. Look those up on the Tip.It guide. Otherwise, you're stuck in a loop. It'll break eventually, so just keep at it. Those tasks are good xp anyway, 'cept the dragons which you may want to block/cancel if you just want xp.

Almost ALL of Duradel's tasks can be cannoned. I think the only exceptions would be waterfiends and those tasks you have to Slayer Tower/CT. Not many of those though, I think Gargolyes, Nechs, and Abby Demons are the only ones of those. Everything else has an alternate location you can cannon.

You might have to do more quests to unlock certain monsters. Look those up on the Tip.It guide. Otherwise, you're stuck in a loop. It'll break eventually, so just keep at it. Those tasks are good xp anyway, 'cept the dragons which you may want to block/cancel if you just want xp.

Almost ALL of Duradel's tasks can be cannoned. I think the only exceptions would be waterfiends and those tasks you have to Slayer Tower/CT. Not many of those though, I think Gargolyes, Nechs, and Abby Demons are the only ones of those. Everything else has an alternate location you can cannon.

Waterfiends aren't in the Slayer tower, they're in the Ancient Cavern.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

I know. That's why I said waterfiends AND those tasks in the Tower/CT. As in, waterfiends in addition to those tasks.

Waterfiends are also in the CT, but nobody wants to kill those.

I know. That's why I said waterfiends AND those tasks in the Tower/CT. As in, waterfiends in addition to those tasks.

K, and i know people who kill waterfiends in the CT. I never had them as a task so i wouldn't know how good they are down there.

GWD:

K, and i know people who kill waterfiends in the CT. I never had them as a task so i wouldn't know how good they are down there.

It's multicombat. You'd get slaughtered without a good team and insanely high stats w/ steel titan.

It's multicombat. You'd get slaughtered without a good team and insanely high stats w/ steel titan.

I know its multicombat. What they do is go down there in karils, pray range protection until they are unaggresive and just finish the task.

GWD:

You'd still use more food than it's worth, and once you get a random you gotta do it all over again.

You'd still use more food than it's worth, and once you get a random you gotta do it all over again.

Bunyip?

GWD:

Bunyip?

And? It does ok when you only have 1, but not so good when you have 9.

Bunyip?

I don't think they all attack you when they go unaggresive, or did they change the meaning of "going unaggresive"?

GWD:

Bunyip?

I don't think they all attack you when they go unaggresive, or did they change the meaning of "going unaggresive"?

Obviously when they're UNaggresssive they won't, but what about the first 15-20 minutes?

Bunyip?

Obviously when they're UNaggresssive they won't, but what about the first 15-20 minutes?

Take a look at this, i know you may not be maxed like this person is but you get the idea of how to do it. Unless you're maxed then i say go to ancient caverns.

[hide=]My set up:

Wear:

Slayer helmet/Slayer helmet (e), but i usually use more scrolls than it holds.

Amulet of fury

Karils top

Karils bottom

Fire cape

Dragon boots

Saradomin sword

Warrior ring

Gloves (Barrows)

Invent:

Karamja gloves 3

Holy wrench

Saradomin godsword

Pure set (Super attack and strength, 4 dose.)

8 prayer potions

Familiar scrolls, i usually use at least 60 a trip but you can put these in your slayer helmet, depending how long you last.

14 pineapple pizza's

Other:

Pray range and piety. :P

I don't think super defence is necessary, you will be praying range so they will be hitting with magic, which i think mage level effects magic damage dealt to you more than defence level.

You can swap Karamja gloves 3 for an instant teleport, i only take it because i get my tasks from karamja, holy wrench for another piece of food or prayer potion, it does recover more prayer when using a dose of prayer potion, 1 or 2 i think depending on your level, fire cape for skill cape, and zerker/warrior ring for ring of life.

You can probably take 10 prayer potions after the less random update and less food because you kind of need more food than prayer because randoms make the waterfiends agressive again which makes your trips alot shorter.

Waterfiends are unagressive after 10 minutes 30 seconds, people usually believe these aren't a good place to train because they leave alot sooner than that :P

With a steel or iron titan any task should take two trips max, you can take a pack yak but it would be slower than slaying the whole task with a titan and banking.

Waterfiends in the chaos tunnels are around 25-28k slayer xp/h, about 5k faster than the ancient cavern.. from what i remember, is it worth the risk, up to you, also even barrows gloves save over karils so if you die thats 1.2M gone at todays prices, and if you disconnect while they are agressive, you won't last the 60 seconds :(.

I pot at level 111 or 112 att/str with level 99 stats, and 8 prayer potions, 10 prayer potions when i pot at level 110.

Lastly remember to call your titan so he is always attacking, should try and get him to do some tanking ;) personally i prefer to slay them in an empty world, there is more than enough waterfiends, and in my opinion a faster spawn would just mean you take more damage.

Hope this was helpful,, sorry if this is anything like Enrix's guide i haven't read it.

I have only tried steel titan, but apparently iron titan works very well :) (Thank you to maxkit for letting me know) any other familars you will have to test for yourself :D

GL TSG <3

Just like to add this:

waterfiends125135.png

Instead of a familiar pouch, you can summon it at the bank, and put a super energy in its place so you can run all the way to your task ;) or you can put a piece of food there, super energy will probably be the best option because you can drop the vial and start picking up drops straight away rather than dropping a pizza and waiting till you have space to pick it up again.

Just trying out 10 prayer potions because of the less random update :D[/hide]

GWD:

Yes, I know about that.

You could do it at 90/90/90 with a Titan if you had a few friends with you. And yes, you can solo when you are maxed.

Duradel normally gives "higher level" tasks, which can include monsters that are slower experience; namely metal dragons and other such things. So whenever I get too many annoying assignments, I just switch over to sumona, haha.

best combo is sumona for 9 tasks then shilo for every 10th thats what i am doing i get great xp

But that's mostly for quick points, Duradel is really the best xp once you cancel metals and you're a high level.