New Trading System

inureface

OK, we all have problems finding a buyer and seller for certain items either in official forums or world 2/1. I think RS should add an NPC called "merchant" in every major city's public area (varrok sq, fally east bank, etc) You tal with him and it will bring up a menu that has 2 options, buying or selling. Lets say you want to sell a rune plate for 70k. You select selling and it will bring up your bank where you select which item you want to sell, you click the item and it will be highlighted, then you click OK. Then you tell the merchant exactly what you want for it 70,000gp or dragon dagger(s), (there is a checkbox that has allow exceptions), if you are willing to take items other than the ones listed you select this one, otherwise just go on and press OK. Now lets say someone wants to buy your rune plate. He goes to the merchant and selects buying. This will generate a list of EVERYTHING for sale, then there is a filter for: item's posted for sale at this merchant only (if you only want to see results from the merchant that you accssed), armor only (dhide, platebodies, mage robes), weapons only (staffs, bows, swords), ammunition only (runes, arrows, cballs), food only>raw or cooked(fish, meat, cakes, etc), rares only (phats, masks, santas), other(logs, piks, hatchets, herbs, keys, etc). So lets say the buyer wants to see armor and weapons. He will check those 2 boxes and leave everything else unchecked. (seller will specify which category his item belongs in, hopefully there will be some way to prevent 6 raw shrimps from appearing in the same place as a dmed :roll: ) Then the buyer will see all the items posted at every merchant all across runescape in THAT world, if he wants he can check only from this merchant. Then he sees the rune plate for 70k. He will click on it and if he has what the seller specified he would accept, it will open a trade screen for the buyer and it will pop up a message to the seller similar to the teleother thing: Inureface wishes to buy your rune platebody for 70,000gp, would you like to trade now? Then while the buyer is waiting at the trade screen, the seller will either choose accpet or decline, if he accepts, his item he posted for sale will be brought from the bank into the trade screen, and the buyer's offer (which in this case is 70k) will be automatically added to the trade. The seller or buyer CANNOT remove or add to the items in the trade (to help prevent scamming). Once both buyer and seller sees everything is OK, they both accept, then they will be brought to the 2nd trade screen for final confirmation, then accept. The items will be deposited in the buyer and sellers' inventory or bank whichever they choose in the settings area (the menu with the accept aid and music vol). Then the trade will be removed from the merchants list and everyone is happy =)

Now I need to clarify the part about accept other items. Lets say you posted selling dmed 1mil, but checked the box that says allow exceptions. When the buyer contacts the seller, he will post stuff in the trade screen from his bank and the seller will see if all is satisfactory. To prevent unwanted trade requests or whatever, you will be able to set wheter you are recieving "merchant trades" at the current time just like private chat (on, friends, or off). I will be trying to make some graphic representations of this in my spare time, in the meantime please add ideas or modify what I suggested, I know its big, but it will make selling and buying things much more organized.

And then suddenly there were general stores; angels sang from on high and the sky was filled Party hats of every coler.

If you're saying that the system that inureface is showing is similar to the general stores, think again.

In general stores, the products you sell disapear within some time, and the money you get is nothing compared to the one a player would pay.

And then suddenly there were general stores; angels sang from on high and the sky was filled Party hats of every coler.

Let's think I have a blue phat. What would I prefer? A normal trade for, let's say 10M gp? An auction (this could be a great idea for some items (not if I'd auction three cabbages)) that could rise to 20M, or selling it to a General Store for 1 gp?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

If you're saying that the system that inureface is showing is similar to the general stores, think again.

In general stores, the products you sell disapear within some time, and the money you get is nothing compared to the one a player would pay.

It's sarcasm. He/She is calling the idea lame.

And then there were idiots; angels wept bitterly for they had created something destestable and the sky was filled with gloom and stupid posts.

Someone else did post a suggestion like this recently and I think some sort of system like this would be great. Something I just thought of that they could add to the current trade system is a little chat window within the trade window so you don't have to close out the trade window to be able to see what the other person is saying in a really busy area like server 2 fally east bank.

Someone else did post a suggestion like this recently and I think some sort of system like this would be great. Something I just thought of that they could add to the current trade system is a little chat window within the trade window so you don't have to close out the trade window to be able to see what the other person is saying in a really busy area like server 2 fally east bank.

This is not new, but its also a great idea, and i think that 1 of those 2 ideas (trade chat window or that forum based merchant) needs to be implemented.