Barbarian assault

Saunamajuri

But you understand that not everyone learns best from hands-on experience? That's what we're talking about there.

But we're talking about the people who DO learn - the ones who watch to see what is done.

I've seen a lot of players getting flamed because they are low level. That's bs. One of the best BA players I've met was level 40-ish, which is pretty low for a member. That's something to rant about, but what can you do to change it? #-o

Nothing, that's why rants of the kind (think "FTPers are immature") are against the forum rules.

Either: 1) I'm more persuasive than I know, 2) Got extremely lucky with the 15+ teams I went with, or 3) That's just the general attitude

Really all you need to a good word or two.

And plus that's not what's happening. You are simply telling them you are not as experienced so they can assign two people onto your role.

EDIT: @Compfreak. Well I gotta say again, I can usually talk things out, although sometimes people are stubborn enough not to listen. I've said before, I've been flamed and yelled at too.

You were inexperienced for 15+ games, and stood around doing nothing? You must have gotten awfully lucky or went when it first opened and everyone was new, because for quite obvious reasons no established team wants a clueless idiot dragging them down.

Are we really? #-o That would explain a lot. I thought we were talking about people who do nothing in BA in general, learning or not.

Although you have to agree is someone is sitting around doing nothing, and not learning, with no good reason such as lag, their team has a right to complain?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we really? #-o That would explain a lot. I thought we were talking about people who do nothing in BA in general, learning or not.

Although you have to agree is someone is sitting around doing nothing, and not learning, with no good reason such as lag, their team has a right to complain?

Why would someone who is intentionally sitting around not trying to learn or lagging ask what to do and leave? I'm talking specifically about learning, as that's what I believe the OP is referring to :)

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Why would someone who is intentionally sitting around not trying to learn or lagging ask what to do and leave? I'm talking specifically about learning, as that's what I believe the OP is referring to :)

It's not ask what to do AND leave, it's ask what to do OR leave.

They just sit around, not calling, or doing anything and when everyone starts shouting at him, he leaves or asks what to do.

If he asks what to do, most likely he is new and learning, or just wants to get the flamers off his skin. If he leaves, he is either new and doesn't want to deal with the flame, or is going to find another team to freeload off of. I honestly do not believe that every single person sitting there is there to learn.

I reread the OP, I think he is talking about people who are new. In that case I simply misunderstood. Yes, I agree that new players should have a chance, although I have to emphasize again that NOT everyone is there to learn.

It's not ask what to do AND leave, it's ask what to do OR leave.

Both indicating he doesn't know what to do.

If he asks what to do, most likely he is new and learning, or just wants to get the flamers off his skin. If he leaves, he is either new and doesn't want to deal with the flame, or is going to find another team to freeload off of. I honestly do not believe that every single person sitting there is there to learn.

Both of the situations you describe apply to learning players.

I reread the OP, I think he is talking about people who are new. In that case I simply misunderstood. Yes, I agree that new players should have a chance, although I have to emphasize again that NOT everyone is there to learn.

You do'nt know who is and isn't there to learn; if the OP is talking about people who ARE learning, as the symptoms he describe all point to, then his rant is invalid. If he's talking about freeloaders, it's against the rules and should be locked.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Both can apply to freeloaders as well. First can act as a cover-up and the second is fairly obvious.

Invalid rant? I guess so...

But both can also apply to legit newbs. It's either an invalid rant or a locked one, take your pick :P

DeviledEgg24.png

But both can also apply to legit newbs. It's either an invalid rant or a locked one, take your pick :P

It's not my thread. I posted to respond to your post. Locked either way though, it seems.

It's not my thread. I posted to respond to your post. Locked either way though, it seems.

Invalid doesn't mean it's locked, it just means it'll either be locked due to a flame war or sink into oblivion like every other locked thread...

DeviledEgg24.png

Moderator edit: Don't stretch the page.

But either one fails to provide a solution and therefore breaks the rules and will be locked?

But either one fails to provide a solution and therefore breaks the rules and will be locked?

No, because better training programs (like I suggested earlier) would help fix the problem.

DeviledEgg24.png

In all honesty the in game tutorial is lacking, however it is enough to get the basics and the rest you can learn hands on through your team.

However the sheer amount of noobs who play this game is unreal, and trying to teach them anything is a chore. Calling is the most integral part of BA for most roles (healer needn't bother really) and the tutorial does make this clear however noobs simply don't. You can tell a noob collector to call, but they don't. They then stand and moan that the attacker fires the cannon losing them points, when a.) It doesn't and b.) you've lost more points as they havn't called.

I always try to help newer players. I even swap roles if need be to give them the easier option but sometimes it just isn't enough. One time I lasted 2 rounds with a healer who showed intention of poisoning the healers, despite the rest of us telling him to do it.

Anyways join "BA Addicts" clan to get some decent games.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

In all honesty the in game tutorial is lacking, however it is enough to get the basics and the rest you can learn hands on through your team.

yep.

However the sheer amount of noobs who play this game is unreal, and trying to teach them anything is a chore. Calling is the most integral part of BA for most roles (healer needn't bother really) and the tutorial does make this clear however noobs simply don't. You can tell a noob collector to call, but they don't. They then stand and moan that the attacker fires the cannon losing them points, when a.) It doesn't and b.) you've lost more points as they havn't called
why shouldn't healer bother?

I always try to help newer players. I even swap roles if need be to give them the easier option but sometimes it just isn't enough. One time I lasted 2 rounds with a healer who showed intention of poisoning the healers, despite the rest of us telling him to do it.

I try to help them too. i tell them to leave and look at this marvelous thing called a "tutorial". they say "wtf i havnt got time to look at some dom tutorial!" and yet they waste their time there.

Paragon.png

However the sheer amount of noobs who play this game is unreal, and trying to teach them anything is a chore. Calling is the most integral part of BA for most roles (healer needn't bother really) and the tutorial does make this clear however noobs simply don't. You can tell a noob collector to call, but they don't. They then stand and moan that the attacker fires the cannon losing them points, when a.) It doesn't and b.) you've lost more points as they havn't called
why shouldn't healer bother?

Defender only loses points for runners which escape not for laying incorrect food so it doesn't matter if the healer calls or not.

Infact the best strategy for a defender is to build a barricade of food from the pool to the East trap then to overbait the trap. Run North and grab the logs and hammer and restock. Strengthen the barricade you made and stick more on trap, repairing when need be. Then just keep making the barricade bigger.

If a runner eats the wrong food he runs North, so basically wrong food is good.

Do this and you will have no escapees and your team will get max points. Don't forget to call for the healer though, he does get penalized if he use the wrong item.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

before i started ba i saw the tutorial. those were new and it was a truly awesome thing jagex puts those in. (the stealing creation tutorial was the best one imo. found out what to do immediately) i didn't really know what to do once i got into the game i'll admit. my first game i was a collector and the stupid thing kept changing on me so i had to call like every 10 seconds it seemed. i was on a team with high level'd 100's (before summoning came. first week it came out) and they were livid that i didn't know exactly what i was doing. i did however make the right calls, not just click the horn expecting the right style to be said for me. i was an "ok" player. could be better but it's a collector so who really gives a crap?

then i got better as every one does, and now my lowest role is lvl 4 atk.

here's some stuff that annoys me too

getting a decent team that won't ditch once they can get torso

why aren't some people wearing armor?!??!!? :evil:

after hitting the quickchat thing that says your role (qc's like a legalized macro typer. it's awesome.) and people go up to you and demand you be another role. well sorry but i have 500 points in every other role, leave me alone.

by the way the defender loses points in the game if the penace runner is killed with the cannon, not the entire team. look at the advanced breakdown, you get points for runners you killed. it won't get negative but you're just taking one away. i tell people not to shoot my runners and when they do i leave right before the last thing is killed, just to make them infuriated. i know it works too ::'

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

by the way the defender loses points in the game if the penace runner is killed with the cannon, not the entire team. look at the advanced breakdown, you get points for runners you killed. it won't get negative but you're just taking one away. i tell people not to shoot my runners and when they do i leave right before the last thing is killed, just to make them infuriated. i know it works too ::'

Ever read postbag? FAIL! they confirmed it never takes points away. Hooray for paying attention! :thumbsup:

Paragon.png

Ever read postbag? FAIL! they confirmed it never takes points away. Hooray for paying attention! :thumbsup:

+1, Defender only loses points if you let a runner through.

i'd go to a ba game to confirm this, but i don't have the patience nor the proper intention span to do so. stop flaming me plox >.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

i'd go to a ba game to confirm this, but i don't have the patience nor the proper intention span to do so. stop flaming me plox >.<

Well, I'm not flaming you. I was just agreeing with his general statement and adding. But here, I'll save you some time, this should be all the confirmation you need:

Right then, you horrible little lot. You listen here, and you listen well. Use of the egg cannon during ANY of the waves of Barbarian Assault, by ANY of the squad, does not, repeat NOT, affect your squad's score in any way whatsoever. In fact, if I don't see one of you maggots up there using it, every single game, you're not doing your best to hold back those Penance waves. Do I make myself clear, private?

From: http://www.runescape.com/kbase/view.ws?guid=postbag_39

4th letter down.

I always learn what to do from tutorials :|

My rant is not made againts those who are learning by playing (althought i said it), but those who are not even trying to learn or are doing everything wrong over and over, Time for examples:

examples of those who doesnt learn or are not even trying: i once met a guy in wave 6 who didnt know anything about the game, but still he somehow had managed to get to wave 6. Then there are these lazy ones, who think that you can leech points in ba.

Defenders: they let runners get past by blocking the caves and doing nothing more. When i try to tell him to kill the runners, he just continues to block. When players start tearing the blockades away, he leaves.

Attackers: Using the same attack style and not even responding when you try to tell him to change. Eventually, he will die or someone leaves.

Healers: doesnt know how to heal others, when i ask him to heal, he just tells me to drink from the pool, and when i say that only healers can do that, he doesnt believe and will not even listen if i try to advice him

Collectors: Not much of a problem, only annoying when not calling and picking wrong eggs, giving healers more headache (and points :roll: )

And lastly, when im collector, and im firing the cannon, preventing runners from getting into the cave, everyone comes to me yelling "OMG NOOB, STOP SHOOTING WE LOSE POINTS". No-one believes that we arent even losing any points an- hey wait a minute: we arent losing points! Then why are you telling me that we are? Where did you read that? Oh i see, you just happen to think that we are for no apparent reason.

Why do they think so? :|

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

It's probably a misconception after looking at the simple breakdown.