Barbarian assault

Saunamajuri

1. But there isn't just a booklet is there? The Commander has a whole blackboard and will explain a lot to you. I'm not sure but I think there might be a cutscene tutorial. I'm pretty sure I remember there being one, but that's like 2 years ago since I've seen it (if it's there).

No cutscene, but there could be a blackboard thing (it's been a while). I remember whatever it was was VERY lacking and I was incredibly confused my first few games.

2. Well you don't tell them you're clueless. It's a mixing of persuasion, pleading, and telling the incomplete truth. Instead of saying "I don't know what to do, so I'm going to stand on the side and watch", say "I'm confused what to do, but I am going to try. I'm not going to be able to do very much though, so you should get 2 *insert role here*". Pretty much works all the time for me, regardless of if you actually try in the game or not.

Never worked for me, you'll get flamed to no end by the current teams. Run around or try and act like you know what your doing and you'll pick up on it soon enough. There's no benefit whatsoever to telling them you don't know what your doing.

3. Right. You got me there, but you can't be 100% sure he used HD either.

And you can't be 100% sure he wasn't just lagging when he was standing around, and normally would be running around asking what to do #-o

1. I KNOW there's a blackboard and Connad explains more, so it's not just a book. How useful it is I really don't remember, since I got the hang of it my first few games, except defender (ironically now my favorite and best role).

2. Well it's worked for me, but much of this is probably our luck with finding a team who understands. Usually when I asked, there was no problem.

3. Yes I can be. Note that the OP described it that there were many such people who act like this, and described it such that they do what they do repeatedly and all follow the same pattern. Can so many clueless people lag for such a long time and coincidentally all be paired with the OP? Maybe, but extremely unlikely.

EDIT: To the above poster-I believe you. Many of the teams are uptight. The trick lies in how you handle things. When I was learning Defender and was effectively "leeching" off teams, people on my team complained about me. How you handle them, however, changes everything.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I KNOW there's a blackboard and Connad explains more, so it's not just a book. How useful it is I really don't remember, since I got the hang of it my first few games, except defender (ironically now my favorite and best role).

Same here, but I know I went through all of the available tutorials and was dumped into a game without really knowing what to do. I don't blame a newb one bit for feeling lost on his first game, 'cause that's exactly how I was, and I'm not that far down on the intelligence scale.

2. Well it's worked for me, but much of this is probably our luck with finding a team who understands. Usually when I asked, there was no problem.

It certainly doesn't nowdays, mention it before the game and you'll be out in a few seconds or flamed into oblivion if it does start.

3. Yes I can be. Note that the OP described it that there were many such people who act like this, and described it such that they do what they do repeatedly and all follow the same pattern. Can so many clueless people lag for such a long time and coincidentally all be paired with the OP? Maybe, but extremely unlikely.

Can they all be playing SD? maybe, but extremely unlikely. Having been there, I sympathize 100% with the "clueless" people.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Same here, but I know I went through all of the available tutorials and was dumped into a game without really knowing what to do. I don't blame a newb one bit for feeling lost on his first game, 'cause that's exactly how I was, and I'm not that far down on the intelligence scale.

It certainly doesn't nowdays, mention it before the game and you'll be out in a few seconds or flamed into oblivion if it does start.

Can they all be playing SD? maybe, but extremely unlikely. Having been there, I sympathize 100% with the "clueless" people.

1. Ok, I know that all games are hard to understand the first time around, but once again, people could try it the first time. I understand you watched and learned. But you should know that not everyone learns that way. Are all the people the OP is ranting about decide to watch and learn. Unlikely, but possible.

2. I can't say anything to how it is now, since I haven't BA'd in such a long time, let alone try to learn by observing.

3. No, they can't all be playing SD, but if you want to look at it statistically 50% would be playing on a normal screen (SD and normal HD vs. Resizeable and Full-screen).

1. Ok, I know that all games are hard to understand the first time around, but once again, people could try it the first time. I understand you watched and learned. But you should know that not everyone learns that way. Are all the people the OP is ranting about decide to watch and learn. Unlikely, but possible.

You don't think there's a dozen other people in the world that learn by watching?

3. No, they can't all be playing SD, but if you want to look at it statistically 50% would be playing on a normal screen (SD and normal HD vs. Resizeable and Full-screen).

He's complaining about the ones standing around. What if just those are on HD?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I myself listened the instructions and i understood the basics what to do and the rest i got from tip it :thumbsup:

Here`s a situation that happened in Ba: we`re in wave 6 and there`s only 3 players, so we can`t start. There`s this one lvl 96 player and level 86 player with me. Then the lower lvl player asks what to do. How the hell did he get up to wave 6 without knowing what to do?

Also, why does people think that using cannon makes us lose points? Who told you that? oh wait, no-one!

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I myself listened the instructions and i understood the basics what to do and the rest i got from tip it :thumbsup:

Here`s a situation that happened in Ba: we`re in wave 6 and there`s only 3 players, so we can`t start. There`s this one lvl 96 player and level 86 player with me. Then the lower lvl player asks what to do. How the hell did he get up to wave 6 without knowing what to do?

Also, why does people think that using cannon makes us lose points? Who told you that? oh wait, no-one!

How does this have anything to do with the conversation?

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

How does this have anything to do with the conversation?

I just mentioned it, cause it annoys me too how they scream "Noob, dont use the cannon we lose points!"

I am just wondering why do they think, that using cannon will make team lose points, althought it doesent.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Apparently the sheeple of runescape think "Eggs exploded" on the score screen means cannon. :roll:

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

You don't think there's a dozen other people in the world that learn by watching?

He's complaining about the ones standing around. What if just those are on HD?

1. I'm saying there are, but not all of them are just standing around doing nothing, if that made any sense.

2. Ok, I think you're ignoring the fact that there ARE people in BA who AREN'T trying to learn and are standing around doing nothing. Not all of those people are like you and genuinely trying to learn/get better.

1. I'm saying there are, but not all of them are just standing around doing nothing, if that made any sense.

But what does that have to do with anything? We're talking about the people that ARE simply standing and watching.

2. Ok, I think you're ignoring the fact that there ARE people in BA who AREN'T trying to learn and are standing around doing nothing. Not all of those people are like you and genuinely trying to learn/get better.

Sooo, how do you know? Like I said, they could simply be watching and learning - just as I do. That's the point of my argument against his rant.

DeviledEgg24.png

Sooo, how do you know? Like I said, they could simply be watching and learning - just as I do. That's the point of my argument against his rant.

Ah, I see what you're saying. I was wondering how you were tying "learning by experience" and waiting around together; now I know #-o

Ok, yeah, that's pretty much the answer to the argument. You can't expect people to do good on the first try, and trying to learn your job while doing it is pretty hard. But still, there needs to be some compromise until Jagex fixes this.

You learn to do your job by playing.

But to play you need to learn your job.

It's the unfortunate catch 22 cycle :wall: :wall: :wall:

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

But what does that have to do with anything? We're talking about the people that ARE simply standing and watching.

1. Right. I didn't think I worded that right.

2. K.

Alright so my response to both is this: we both know and can't deny a lot of people stand around and do nothing. Not all of them are learning, or attempting to. A fair amount are just sitting there freeloading or simply not trying. You can't assume all of the people doing nothing are there to learn. You also can't assume all of them are noobs either, but I never said that. How are you so sure that all of them are there to learn? Statistically that doesn't seem very likely.

I agree that some people may learn better that way. Different people learn in different ways. I need to actually DO something, while you say that you learn better watching. But that does not mean everyone sitting there like a rock is attempting to learn, does it?

I agree that some people may learn better that way. Different people learn in different ways. I need to actually DO something, while you say that you learn better watching. But that does not mean everyone sitting there like a rock is attempting to learn, does it?

It also does not mean they are not. They could be lagging or simply freeloading, but the "I don't know what I'm doing" gives a clear indication that he's referring to those who truly don't know how to play yet.

DeviledEgg24.png

ugh. i hate those little noobs in iron trying to be cool by getting a fighter torso or something. first game, i didn't know to call right u have to right click horn, but that's it... i hate those little [cabbages] who don't even know what the crap penance are. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Paragon.png

If you wanted that torso, and some guy on your team said he was new, you know that you would kick him. :lol:

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

It also does not mean they are not. They could be lagging or simply freeloading, but the "I don't know what I'm doing" gives a clear indication that he's referring to those who truly don't know how to play yet.

Point taken. But the OP also states that some of them leave, implying that they didn't say "Idk what I'm doing", which in turn means they were not there to learn.

EDIT: To above poster: Once again, I state the two conditions that must be present, 1) A convincing proposal and 2) Must be on a low-leveled wave. It DOES work since I HAVE DONE it.

Point taken. But the OP also states that some of them leave, implying that they didn't say "Idk what I'm doing", which in turn means they were not there to learn.

EDIT: To above poster: Once again, I state the two conditions that must be present, 1) A convincing proposal and 2) Must be on a low-leveled wave. It DOES work since I HAVE DONE it.

must have been really nice lol

I wouldn't stand to lose points because some dude commited suicide using the wrong attack on the penance fighters. :wall:

arcane_stew.png

Or they just knew they would be mercilessly flamed for joining as a complete newb. I generally had to leave when a team found out I didn't know what I was doing; I'd be flamed instead of instructed, and ended up either turning my private chat off (learning nothing) or leaving.

DeviledEgg24.png

must have been really nice lol

I wouldn't stand to lose points because some dude commited suicide using the wrong attack on the penance fighters. :wall:

Either: 1) I'm more persuasive than I know, 2) Got extremely lucky with the 15+ teams I went with, or 3) That's just the general attitude

Really all you need to a good word or two.

And plus that's not what's happening. You are simply telling them you are not as experienced so they can assign two people onto your role.

EDIT: @Compfreak. Well I gotta say again, I can usually talk things out, although sometimes people are stubborn enough not to listen. I've said before, I've been flamed and yelled at too.

I agree with Compfreak here. I played Barbian Assault when i was level 50-60. The instruction booklet is way too much of a bore to go through. It took me around 2 rounds to find out what to do with the Collectors role and i got seriously annoyed with level 100+'s running up to me going OMG NOOB TELL ME ATTACK STYLE I ALWAYS LOSE POINTS BECAUSE OF NOOBS LIKE YOU. It also annoys me in Castle Wars when people think i suck because i'm a low level. I set up a few barricades and a level 90 blows them up going "omg noob" and right at that moment someone steals our flag and runs past the place i had set up a few barricades seconds ago. But i can see how the topic starter could be annoyed. But still- how else are we supposed to find out how to play. Hands on experience will make it 100x easier

I agree with Compfreak here. I played Barbian Assault when i was level 50-60. The instruction booklet is way too much of a bore to go through. It took me around 2 rounds to find out what to do with the Collectors role and i got seriously annoyed with level 100+'s running up to me going OMG NOOB TELL ME ATTACK STYLE I ALWAYS LOSE POINTS BECAUSE OF NOOBS LIKE YOU. It also annoys me in Castle Wars when people think i suck because i'm a low level. I set up a few barricades and a level 90 blows them up going "omg noob" and right at that moment someone steals our flag and runs past the place i had set up a few barricades seconds ago. But i can see how the topic starter could be annoyed. But still- how else are we supposed to find out how to play. Hands on experience will make it 100x easier

But you understand that not everyone learns best from hands-on experience? That's what we're talking about there.

I've seen a lot of players getting flamed because they are low level. That's bs. One of the best BA players I've met was level 40-ish, which is pretty low for a member. That's something to rant about, but what can you do to change it? #-o

But you understand that not everyone learns best from hands-on experience? That's what we're talking about there.

But we're talking about the people who DO learn - the ones who watch to see what is done.

I've seen a lot of players getting flamed because they are low level. That's bs. One of the best BA players I've met was level 40-ish, which is pretty low for a member. That's something to rant about, but what can you do to change it? #-o

Nothing, that's why rants of the kind (think "FTPers are immature") are against the forum rules.

Either: 1) I'm more persuasive than I know, 2) Got extremely lucky with the 15+ teams I went with, or 3) That's just the general attitude

Really all you need to a good word or two.

And plus that's not what's happening. You are simply telling them you are not as experienced so they can assign two people onto your role.

EDIT: @Compfreak. Well I gotta say again, I can usually talk things out, although sometimes people are stubborn enough not to listen. I've said before, I've been flamed and yelled at too.

You were inexperienced for 15+ games, and stood around doing nothing? You must have gotten awfully lucky or went when it first opened and everyone was new, because for quite obvious reasons no established team wants a clueless idiot dragging them down.

DeviledEgg24.png