How about a "One Ring" quest?

hobobob7

And in the end you fail to destroy the one ring, and you die. The end.

But seriously, put more effort into your post. The quest isn't gonna pop out of thin air.

Sup noobs.

How about not? Lotr copyrighted that idea, they could sue JAGEX.

Lmao. "Lotr copyrighted that idea." Lord that was good. (No pun intended) Whom exactly do you mean by that? Jackson? Tolkien? Perhaps the Lord of the Ring himself? :lol:

I think your one sentence idea, hobobob7, is bound to convince Jagex to use this totally unoriginal concept.

Romeo and juleit never sued jagex so why whould lord of the rings

That's a good one. Same with Frankenstein, only the edited the name to make it sound stupider. :lol: And I don't care if that's not a word!

Parodies are legal or the owner of the rights to james bond would've sued the ever living crap out of the people who made the austin powers movies. As long as it's not an exact copy of the storyline it's not plagiarism. Nobody sued Jagex for Romeo and Juliet or Fenkenstrain's(if you can spell frankenstein with the same letters) castle. However, as much as I like parodies, I don't think it'd be practical to make a parody quest of lotr because the storyline is too large and intricate, it'd take a series of quests to parody it properly. Anything else would be half hearted and pathetic.

Make it a proper parody with like a cabbage as the ring
yeah, but how would you "wear" it like with the ring, to become invisible?? and, for you 5 year old morons out there, please do NOT suggest anything that involves eating it and then getting it out of your body again in whatever way (no matter in what direction)

but it would be fun, after throwing it in mount doom, perhaps you could get an oily fishing rod and fish a "burnt cabbage" out again lol

• 1 year later...

Electronic arts has exclusive rights to the lotr of the rings movies and books.

So t would never happen.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Electronic arts has exclusive rights to the lotr of the rings movies and books.

So t would never happen.

Well apart from the fact EA mainly has rights to the film, and apart from the fact there is two Lord of the Rings films (if we count the trilogy as one massive film), the game War of the Ring has rights to the book and I remember there being a Fellowship of the Ring game that also had book rights.

Also as xyrec said it is a parody, and as long as it is shown as a parody Tolkien Enterprises can't do nowt.

Also I'd like to point out like Bubsa said: LotR is not a person, neither is Frankenstein or Romeo and Juliet. All three are fictional characters (I think there are claims R&J existed though), and their creators Shelley and Shakespeare respectively are both long dead, and means they funnily enough can't sue anyone.

If it was done well, with 3 quests (one for each book) I'd probably get a good chuckle out of it. Though if there ever was a parody was done I'd hope they'd introduce black powder weaponry with "Blunte's Rifles" a ragtag band of the most polite gentlemen in all of Gilenor, unlikely to happen but I think it'd be great.

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

Judge Sauron presiding, You all may be seated.

Jagex - I'm sorry Lord Sauron Bringer of doom gloom and Highly Franchised movies!

Sauron - *Breathes Heavily*

Heavy Breathing Translatore - SCUM! PIGS! ROT IN HELL! *speaks very low* by the way, I love your game.

Sauron - *Breathes Heavily*

Translator - EEK! NO! *is thrown into the moat of lava*

Jagex - ... Ummm, can you just give us our ticked and we'll be on our way?

New Translator - *Looks around wildy as he panics* Sauron Demands that you give him all rights to this Rooneecape and then he will be kind enough to Throw you from Mount Doom into a [bleep]e.

Jagex - NOOOO

Translator - Kill them

Gaurds - *As they go to grab Jagex the A man in Blue armor wearing a helmet made of horns and carrying a whip made of the finest lethear appears*

Jagex - Buahahahaha, Phear our l33tness 0 G0d of L0s3rs!

... Ummm <.<

Nervermind, I personally don't think this would ever happen, but I wouldn't mind using Sting or Glamdring(sp?). :twisted:

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Killer cows post didn't make any sense at all. :roll:

Well I was trying to convey Jagex being sued and make it funny, but I failed miserably. :cry:

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

no you speak to a character called frandolf the pink (the campest wizard ever) and he gives you an onion ring of destiny you must destroy this onion ring in the firey vats of McDooms' deep fat friers, if yuo suceed you unlock a new place called nordor and there are orcs trolls and other stuff, you like my idea?

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....