Rune Pure worth it?

Expl0de

Right now I am a typical 1 defense pure. I recently read a guide that made me want to make a 45 defense berserker rune pure, as they can do more quests and skills. However, the guide was a bit outdated.

Do berserker pures still own? (at 106 combat, mid-crater)

If not, what is a better type of pure or pker?

Does switching combat from ranged-based to melee-based give you an extra combat level?

The other option I thought of was this:

70 attack

99 strength

1 defense

99 hp

99 ranged

99 magic

1 prayer

79 combat.

Thanks.

-ex

guideicon.png

by mid crater you mean bh, it only goes upto 100 now f2p and p2p and it isnt around till they re release it

and if you go to 100 cb rune pure i could beat you easily

So what do you suggest? Be a "barrows" pure?

Pures are a waste of time really.

That was completely pointless.

guideicon.png

Its not a pointless comment.

By simply being a pure you limit your characters stats, by limiting the stats you limit the locations, quests, equipment and training methods.

If you was to spend the same time you did creating a pure as you did creating a main you would be far more powerful and better versed there the pure.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

You can't effectively PK with a 'main' until you're close to maxing melee combat. That's why people make a pure.

I would stick to being 1 Defense until the new BH is released.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Yeah rune pures are great if you build them correctly. Get Barrows gloves and veng or stick to 1 defence. And at higher levels 31 prayer > 1 prayer when it comes to melee.

Its not a pointless comment.

By simply being a pure you limit your characters stats, by limiting the stats you limit the locations, quests, equipment and training methods.

If you was to spend the same time you did creating a pure as you did creating a main you would be far more powerful and better versed there the pure.

You idiot.

Zerker_jane.png

You idiot.

How am I an idiot.

Put a pure and a main in lvl 50 wildy with equal amounts of combat exp in there stats and the main will win.

Pures are only good if your picking off the weak mains or worse pures.

The thing is most mains don't train PvP methods, they don't learn combos, how to time weapon switches, eating and various other PvP techniques.

If I was to learn all the methods I'm quietly confident that I could with my current main beat your Evil Offence account. They both have similar amounts of combat exp, but the extra 18 items of food I would have as well as taking less damage, the ability to piety or simply prayer longer, more constant hits and far better armour. If I was to with stand the first 1 minute of combat I would be at a big advantage from the food point of view alone.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Stay 1 defense. I prefer 1 defense PKing over anything else, I enjoy it but it's up to you. The only defense levels you should ever really consider are 1, 45, 70, and 99. I am 20 defense on my pure atm, but I am staying 20 because I'm in a pure clan. Otherwise I'd be 45 right now.

Also, get 52 prayer regardless of your defense level, and possibly 78 attack for Non-Corrupt PvP weapons if you plan on using them. Don't get 75 attack if you don't have a godsword.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

You idiot.

How am I an idiot.

Put a pure and a main in lvl 50 wildy with equal amounts of combat exp in there stats and the main will win.

Pures are only good if your picking off the weak mains or worse pures.

The thing is most mains don't train PvP methods, they don't learn combos, how to time weapon switches, eating and various other PvP techniques.

If I was to learn all the methods I'm quietly confident that I could with my current main beat your Evil Offence account. They both have similar amounts of combat exp, but the extra 18 items of food I would have as well as taking less damage, the ability to piety or simply prayer longer, more constant hits and far better armour. If I was to with stand the first 1 minute of combat I would be at a big advantage from the food point of view alone.

Pretty much...

Like I have said before, the best kind of pure to be is a maxed combat pure. So I say, go for that.

I don't see how limiting yourself and having 1 defence makes an account more "fun" either. When you log on you have 20 options as opposed to 100 if you didn't limit yourself, how is less options more fun?

Apparently, my signature was to big.

99 range and 99 defense brings you to around 100 combat; you'd dominate any meleer at that level.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: