Option to make lower level monsters agressive

Blackey

normally, monsters are agressive until you are more than DOUBLE their combat level.

i think that we should have the option to make lower level monsters aggresive towards us.

this could be done through a magic spell OR having a certain 'lure' (like say a red flag or of the sort for minataurs) in your inventory or your worn equipment.

other ideas for lures or just your comments would be nice.

Yes. Im a low level F2P, but its ok because Jesus loves me

Blackey120.png

Blackey120.png

245b84963c.png

Member of the Runescape Order of Jedi Knights|Click here for forums

Too obviously easy to AFK - it's the only possible reason it would be used. Monsters are aggressive for danger reasons, not so you can train more easily.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Too obviously easy to AFK - it's the only possible reason it would be used. Monsters are aggressive for danger reasons, not so you can train more easily.

i do see your point.

what if it was a spell, that only lasted a set amount of time?

Blackey120.png

Blackey120.png

245b84963c.png

i do see your point.

what if it was a spell, that only lasted a set amount of time?

So long as it's unbalanced enough to make AFK training impossible. It'd have to cost at least 500k per hour, or 40-50k per spell.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

1) By the time you are double the monster's combat, there are better places to train. Ex, Giant Spiders instead of Flesh Crawlers in f2p (although both are exceptions to the double rule since both are aggressive to ALL levels)

2) Why would you train on low levels anyway when the best combat xp in the game are from monsters in the 60-90 range?

1) By the time you are double the monster's combat, there are better places to train. Ex, Giant Spiders instead of Flesh Crawlers in f2p (although both are exceptions to the double rule since both are aggressive to ALL levels)

2) Why would you train on low levels anyway when the best combat xp in the game are from monsters in the 60-90 range?

because of low costs ( no food ) :D

Blackey120.png

Blackey120.png

245b84963c.png

No support, because:

1) What Compfreak pointed out, encourages AFK play

2) Low-level monsters aren't good EXP. (With the exception of flesh crawlers)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

because of low costs ( no food ) :D

That would be incredibly inefficient, it would be better to just get defense up and buy some food...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

So long as it's unbalanced enough to make AFK training impossible. It'd have to cost at least 500k per hour, or 40-50k per spell.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time that I don't agree with you. I think you meant 500k per cast =P

Not only would this promote afk training, but bad experience while afk training. This is probably the worst suggestion I've heard today, grats =)

OK, so making low levels aggresive wasnt such a good idea(if fact i dont know what i was thinking...)

but... what if the monsters that are already aggresive(flesh crawlers etc), that once they become unaggresive, then you could make them aggresive again, instead of having to walk around for a couple minutes...

im sure you would all agree this would make training faster, and it wouldnt promote AFK training, as the monsters are already aggresive for a time.

sure you could still make the spell expensive. but i see you point, making chickens aggressive would be just a waste of time and money

Blackey120.png

Blackey120.png

245b84963c.png

OK, so making low levels aggresive wasnt such a good idea(if fact i dont know what i was thinking...)

but... what if the monsters that are already aggresive(flesh crawlers etc), that once they become unaggresive, then you could make them aggresive again, instead of having to walk around for a couple minutes...

im sure you would all agree this would make training faster, and it wouldnt promote AFK training, as the monsters are already aggresive for a time.

sure you could still make the spell expensive. but i see you point, making chickens aggressive would be just a waste of time and money

What do you mean walk around for a couple of minutes? Obviously, you have no trained there long enough to notice PATTERNS.

For example, for Giant spiders (this applies for f2p and p2p) in the South-Middle Room (the one where a small encalve in the north has spiders but to the south are Catablepoons and spiders, if you train in the spiders-only area in the north and they get unaggressive, all you need to do it run all the way south as far as possible, then all the way west as possible (or all the way east, I can't figure out the pattern, sometimes I need to run west all the way, sometimes east, but never through a door) you reset aggression. Takes all of 15 seconds and all you waste are 2 prayer points to make sure your strength isn't lowered.

What do you mean walk around for a couple of minutes? Obviously, you have no trained there long enough to notice PATTERNS.

For example, for Giant spiders (this applies for f2p and p2p) in the South-Middle Room (the one where a small encalve in the north has spiders but to the south are Catablepoons and spiders, if you train in the spiders-only area in the north and they get unaggressive, all you need to do it run all the way south as far as possible, then all the way west as possible (or all the way east, I can't figure out the pattern, sometimes I need to run west all the way, sometimes east, but never through a door) you reset aggression. Takes all of 15 seconds and all you waste are 2 prayer points to make sure your strength isn't lowered.

Im pretty sure all it takes is for the game to load a new map area, so just walk away till it "loads" a new area and walk back.

Its really not that bad.

Im pretty sure all it takes is for the game to load a new map area, so just walk away till it "loads" a new area and walk back.

Its really not that bad.

That is incorrect. You can't simply walk off the map area, since it does not always work. Plus in this case, walking so far away would be impractical since it would take so much more time than the method I outlined above.

But either way, this update is not needed since resetting aggression should always take under 30 seconds once you realize patterns.

• 3 weeks later...

besides bad xp and promotes afk, it also denies the use of lower levelled training spots if some people, unawaring of the cons of this method, decides to camp lower levelled training sites

I reckon most players, especially members, know the pain when their favourite spots are occuplied by somebody with much higher level

Absolutely disagree

BLOSSOM_KING.png

A new member; f2p for 4+ years

Seldom get online due to in real life business

Always support f2p improvements