Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Option to make lower level monsters agressive

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Blackey
[ Display Name History ]

Blackey

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • RSN:Blackey120
  • Clan:Runescape_Jedi_Knights
normally, monsters are agressive until you are more than DOUBLE their combat level.

i think that we should have the option to make lower level monsters aggresive towards us.

this could be done through a magic spell OR having a certain 'lure' (like say a red flag or of the sort for minataurs) in your inventory or your worn equipment.

other ideas for lures or just your comments would be nice.
Yes. Im a low level F2P, but its ok because Jesus loves me

Posted Image
Posted Image
Member of the Runescape Order of Jedi Knights|Click here for forums

compfreak847
[ Display Name History ]

compfreak847

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,686 posts
Too obviously easy to AFK - it's the only possible reason it would be used. Monsters are aggressive for danger reasons, not so you can train more easily.
Posted Image
Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29
GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots
Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Blackey
[ Display Name History ]

Blackey

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 54 posts

Too obviously easy to AFK - it's the only possible reason it would be used. Monsters are aggressive for danger reasons, not so you can train more easily.

i do see your point.

what if it was a spell, that only lasted a set amount of time?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath
A magic spell is realistic, but as long as its only for like 5 minutes and costs a good amount of runes it will be way to imbalanced.
O.O

compfreak847
[ Display Name History ]

compfreak847

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,686 posts

i do see your point.

what if it was a spell, that only lasted a set amount of time?

So long as it's unbalanced enough to make AFK training impossible. It'd have to cost at least 500k per hour, or 40-50k per spell.
Posted Image
Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29
GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots
Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@
1) By the time you are double the monster's combat, there are better places to train. Ex, Giant Spiders instead of Flesh Crawlers in f2p (although both are exceptions to the double rule since both are aggressive to ALL levels)

2) Why would you train on low levels anyway when the best combat xp in the game are from monsters in the 60-90 range?

Blackey
[ Display Name History ]

Blackey

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 54 posts

1) By the time you are double the monster's combat, there are better places to train. Ex, Giant Spiders instead of Flesh Crawlers in f2p (although both are exceptions to the double rule since both are aggressive to ALL levels)

2) Why would you train on low levels anyway when the best combat xp in the game are from monsters in the 60-90 range?

because of low costs ( no food ) :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts
No support, because:

1) What Compfreak pointed out, encourages AFK play

2) Low-level monsters aren't good EXP. (With the exception of flesh crawlers)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Italian5kamikaze
[ Display Name History ]

Italian5kamikaze

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,685 posts

because of low costs ( no food ) :D

That would be incredibly inefficient, it would be better to just get defense up and buy some food...
Posted Image
Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Sid Icarus
[ Display Name History ]

Sid Icarus

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 99 posts

So long as it's unbalanced enough to make AFK training impossible. It'd have to cost at least 500k per hour, or 40-50k per spell.

How did you come up with those numbers?

Abc1230
[ Display Name History ]

Abc1230

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,416 posts

I'm pretty sure this is the first time that I don't agree with you. I think you meant 500k per cast =P

Not only would this promote afk training, but bad experience while afk training. This is probably the worst suggestion I've heard today, grats =)

Blackey
[ Display Name History ]

Blackey

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 54 posts
OK, so making low levels aggresive wasnt such a good idea(if fact i dont know what i was thinking...)

but... what if the monsters that are already aggresive(flesh crawlers etc), that once they become unaggresive, then you could make them aggresive again, instead of having to walk around for a couple minutes...

im sure you would all agree this would make training faster, and it wouldnt promote AFK training, as the monsters are already aggresive for a time.

sure you could still make the spell expensive. but i see you point, making chickens aggressive would be just a waste of time and money

Posted Image
Posted Image

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts

OK, so making low levels aggresive wasnt such a good idea(if fact i dont know what i was thinking...)

but... what if the monsters that are already aggresive(flesh crawlers etc), that once they become unaggresive, then you could make them aggresive again, instead of having to walk around for a couple minutes...

im sure you would all agree this would make training faster, and it wouldnt promote AFK training, as the monsters are already aggresive for a time.

sure you could still make the spell expensive. but i see you point, making chickens aggressive would be just a waste of time and money

What do you mean walk around for a couple of minutes? Obviously, you have no trained there long enough to notice PATTERNS.

For example, for Giant spiders (this applies for f2p and p2p) in the South-Middle Room (the one where a small encalve in the north has spiders but to the south are Catablepoons and spiders, if you train in the spiders-only area in the north and they get unaggressive, all you need to do it run all the way south as far as possible, then all the way west as possible (or all the way east, I can't figure out the pattern, sometimes I need to run west all the way, sometimes east, but never through a door) you reset aggression. Takes all of 15 seconds and all you waste are 2 prayer points to make sure your strength isn't lowered.

PlzPuddngPlz
[ Display Name History ]

PlzPuddngPlz

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:PlzPuddngPlz
NO WAY!
Posted Image
Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.
Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

unjustblood
[ Display Name History ]

unjustblood

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Unjustblood

What do you mean walk around for a couple of minutes? Obviously, you have no trained there long enough to notice PATTERNS.

For example, for Giant spiders (this applies for f2p and p2p) in the South-Middle Room (the one where a small encalve in the north has spiders but to the south are Catablepoons and spiders, if you train in the spiders-only area in the north and they get unaggressive, all you need to do it run all the way south as far as possible, then all the way west as possible (or all the way east, I can't figure out the pattern, sometimes I need to run west all the way, sometimes east, but never through a door) you reset aggression. Takes all of 15 seconds and all you waste are 2 prayer points to make sure your strength isn't lowered.

Im pretty sure all it takes is for the game to load a new map area, so just walk away till it "loads" a new area and walk back.

Its really not that bad.

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts

Im pretty sure all it takes is for the game to load a new map area, so just walk away till it "loads" a new area and walk back.

Its really not that bad.

That is incorrect. You can't simply walk off the map area, since it does not always work. Plus in this case, walking so far away would be impractical since it would take so much more time than the method I outlined above.

But either way, this update is not needed since resetting aggression should always take under 30 seconds once you realize patterns.

blossom2581
[ Display Name History ]

blossom2581

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 51 posts
besides bad xp and promotes afk, it also denies the use of lower levelled training spots if some people, unawaring of the cons of this method, decides to camp lower levelled training sites

I reckon most players, especially members, know the pain when their favourite spots are occuplied by somebody with much higher level

Absolutely disagree

A new member; f2p for 4+ years
Seldom get online due to in real life business
Always support f2p improvements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users