Slayer Training gear

NicolaiNick

What is the best kind? I do not have void gear, or a fighter torso :oops: . I don't want any minigame equipment, and i have about 250k to spend. i currently have:

Helm:Black mask

Necklace: amulet of Glory

Cape: undecided

Platebody:rune platebody

Shield: undecided

Legs: Prossy legs

Gloves:undecided

Boots:Undecided

Ring:Undecided

and what food should I use? sharks or pineapple pizzas?

BEST......

Helm - slayer

Cape- obby/99 skill cape

Ammy - fury/glory

body - torags, guthans, DH

Leg - same as body

Boots-dragon

Ring - wealth

Gloves - Cb brace ( cuz it tells you the amount of monster you need to slay, tells you every 10 kills)

wep - Whip

Sheild - Defender/obby/dragonfire

Food - monks or pineapple pizza ( i perfer monks)

Others - Dragon bax + stat restore pots ( cheaper then buying super pots).

king_n981.png

king_n981.png

For melee slayer training, this is (if you ask me) the best gear (excluding degradables and 3rd age):

Helmet: Slayer Helmet > Black Mask > Helm of Neitiznot / Dragon Full Helm > Other

Cape: Fire Cape > Trimmed Skillcape > Skillcape > Obsidian Cape > Legends Cape > Other

Amulet: Amulet of Fury > Amulet of Glory > Other

Weapon: Abyssal Whip > Saradomin Godsword > Other

Platebody: Bandos Chestplate > Dragon Platebody > Fighter Torso > Granite Body > Rune Platebody > Other

Shield: Rune Defender > Dragonfire Shield > Obsidian Shield > Other

Platelegs: Bandos Tassets > Dragon Platelegs/skirt > Rune Platelegs > Other

Gloves: Recipe for Disaster gloves > Fist of Guthix gauntlets > Other

Boots: Dragon Boots > Bandos Boots > Rune Boots > Other

Ring: Ring of Wealth / Warrior Ring / Berserker Ring (Depends on the task and your needs. Wealth should be used for tasks with good drops)

BEST......

Helm - slayer

Cape- obby/99 skill cape

Ammy - fury/glory

body - torags, guthans, DH

Leg - same as body

Boots-dragon

Ring - wealth

Gloves - Cb brace ( cuz it tells you the amount of monster you need to slay, tells you every 10 kills)

wep - Whip

Sheild - Defender/obby/dragonfire

Food - monks or pineapple pizza ( i perfer monks)

Others - Dragon bax + stat restore pots ( cheaper then buying super pots).

This looks pretty good, only thing is the gloves and ring of wealth.

For gloves, use RFD gloves. They are much better than the combat bracelet. The fact that the combat bracelet updates you every 10 kills is nice, but doesn't out weigh the bonuses of RFD gloves. When you finish a task it tells you in your chat box, so the combat bracelet isn't really required. If you happen to miss the message, you can always watch your slayer exp, and if it doesn't go up after a kill, then you know you're done.

For the ring, a ring of wealth may help a little bit if you're trying for rare drops, but really, I find a warrior/zerker ring tend to work much better. The reason: I've never really noticed the ring of wealth helping.... Some people will swear by this ring and say it helps a lot, while others will say they see no difference. I am one who sees no difference really. I have done plenty of metal dragon tasks with a ring of wealth on and end up coming back with terrible loot. I've also done metal dragon tasks using my warrior ring and end up coming back with d legs in my pack. (I've never gotten a dragon drop with a ring of wealth on, only with my warrior ring on.)

I guess its really up to you though, if you think you might miss the mesage saying that you finished your task, then you may want to go with the combat bracelet. (Only if you really can't stand getting a few extra kills.) Same goes for the ring, if you think you're getting better drops with the RoW, use it.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Black mask

Proselyte hauberk

Verac's skirt

Whip

Rune defender

Fire cape>trimmed skill>god cloak

Dragon boots

Berserker>warrior ring

RFD gloves

Also get Barrows platebody or bandos chest for tasks that hit hard.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

If you can't get Addy or higher rfd gloves then go for a Combat Bracelet or a Regeneration Bracelet. The cb bracelet helps out on tasks and has useful teleport while the regen bracelet has better stats and restores hp faster.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

No point in making 2 types of barrow armor to degrade. Guthans works just fine until you need to switch the spear/helm in to heal. And you also may need every spot you can get and the 2 spots from the torags will be a nuisance.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

No point in making 2 types of barrow armor to degrade. Guthans works just fine until you need to switch the spear/helm in to heal. And you also may need every spot you can get and the 2 spots from the torags will be a nuisance.

The setup I have means that you switch out the Guthan's helm and Spear and Legs for a Black Mask, Whip, and Torag's legs. This gives the best possible defense bonus for the items required.

guideicon.png

The setup I have means that you switch out the Guthan's helm and Spear and Legs for a Black Mask, Whip, and Torag's legs. This gives the best possible defense bonus for the items required.

Thats nice and all, but why not just use guthans chainskirt? The defense aren't as good as Torags but they still get the job done. And unless you have enough money to repair 5 pieces of barrows items, don't use torags legs.

Its like saying, here ill just use a rune defender until i get low on hp and switch to a DFS....

GWD: