Nom's Tips for efficient and fast training!

Nomrombom

Hi guys,

Now I know I don't have many very high levels. I also know that I personally don't train very efficiently :) . However, I know many things that might help some of you to be a little more efficient with time. So here you go.

1. Most important. No matter how fast or efficiently you want to train, takes breaks. Rest your hand and wrist. Stretch and take a walk around your house. Try not to get carpal tunnel :) .

2. Try to stick with one skill for a fair amount of time. Don't hop around to different skills, leveling each one at a time. You won't get anywhere that way. Depending on your level, try to stick with something for at LEAST five levels. Less if you are 90 or above. More if you are 40 or below.

3. Chat only when you are not manually doing something. When woodcutting, for example, only chat when you are cutting the tree. If you tried to chat during, say, mining, you would not train efficiently as you would lose time to talking.

4. Try to use the fastest or most fun methods of leveling. When really trying to level up to a goal, use the fastest method possible. Don't waste time hunting gray chinchompas at level 65. Don't cut yews for experience unless you are 95 woodcutting or above. Don't mine mithril for experience, etc.

5. Keep yourself occupied. Listen to music. Build a library that can sustain an hour of play time with no repeats (unless you want to :P ). Watch videos. Rate funny pictures. Talk on the phone. Watch TV. Browse forums. Anything to keep you not bored so that you don't leave the skill.

6. Don't play TOO much. Don't play six hours a day or something like that. This can lead to not having a life, getting burned out and stopping training, or falling grades. Play three hours a day, max. Or two. Don't force yourself.

7. Plan out your methods and routes. Try to know what you are going to do before you do it. Start with something like this: I want to cut yews. Where is a place that has a few trees, close to bank, and not too crowded? Gnome Stronghold (or w/e you like). Method? Cut trees to full inventory, run a few feet to bank, bank, and go back. If you just play randomly, you will take a LONG time to accomplish anything. (Thanks Joe Da Studd <3: )

8. Use Mousekeys for anything involving a lot of dropping.

Wakka's guide (viewtopic.php?f=180&t=776628) explains all. Basically, it is using your keyboard buttons to drop things instead of the mouse. This is PROVEN to be faster than normal dropping. If you plan on doing something like teaks or powermining or whatnot, use this.

9. Use the best equipment you can.

Of course, don't grind a skill just to make money for the best equipment. Try to do quests that give good rewards and buy good gear to keep yourself happy and increase xp. This includes things such as dragon hatchet, Barrows, Godswords if you have a lot of money to blow, void, etc. Get these things so you can train effectively, but don't just stop doing what you like to and simply grind for money. Get them through sideskills and/or a skill you enjoy.

More to come. Suggestions are welcomed! ::'

PM me for fitocracy invite

An important but unknown fact is when training combat, you do NOT want to fight aggressive monsters. You actually get alot more xp per hour by fighting them unaggressive because you can attack the next one before the dying animation ends for the first one. Of course that means you have to pay more attention, so it can be nice to fight aggressive monsters for a break. You said not to chat, which does boost efficiency in most cases, but it is better to chat while training than to stand around in a bank chatting while getting no xp. Your tips are nice, but most are common sense, or at least commonly known, try to add a few that most people wouldn't think of.

Madness is the logical adaptation to an illogical world

Nobody is perfect.

I am nobody

An important but unknown fact is when training combat, you do NOT want to fight aggressive monsters. You actually get alot more xp per hour by fighting them unaggressive because you can attack the next one before the dying animation ends for the first one. Of course that means you have to pay more attention, so it can be nice to fight aggressive monsters for a break. You said not to chat, which does boost efficiency in most cases, but it is better to chat while training than to stand around in a bank chatting while getting no xp. Your tips are nice, but most are common sense, or at least commonly known, try to add a few that most people wouldn't think of.

Thats not true, Fleshy Crawlers standing in the middle means automatic attack, and they last for 15 mins, so thats all right

Btw, nice post 8/10

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

Well, its more efficient to fight monsters with long dying animations while their not aggressive, like the armored zombies. Alot of higher level monsters have long dying animations, while lower level ones have short animations or none at all. I guess i should have said that it is more efficient to train on monsters with long dying animations when they are unaggressive.

Madness is the logical adaptation to an illogical world

Nobody is perfect.

I am nobody

Well, its more efficient to fight monsters with long dying animations while their not aggressive, like the armored zombies. Alot of higher level monsters have long dying animations, while lower level ones have short animations or none at all. I guess i should have said that it is more efficient to train on monsters with long dying animations when they are unaggressive.

This makes no sense.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Nice start.

Somethings I would like to add;

*Gathering familiars should not be used when your doing make/do x skill training. Why? Well it stops the animation and means you have to restart.

*Plan your routes and always have a backup teleport to the bank.

*If an monster can be found in the CT or multi-combat area 85% of the time its better to use the CT. As once you kill one you can instantly start attacking another.

*Have a few things to do like fletching or alching in reserve. This means that when at the GE or waiting for someone your not wasting time/exp.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

6. Don't play TOO much. Don't play six hours a day or something like that. This can lead to not having a life, getting burned out and stopping training, or falling grades. Play three hours a day, max. Or two. Don't force yourself.

How is this efficient and fast training?

Its proven that taking a 5-10 minute break every 40 minutes keeps your concentration up. Activities like bosses, concentration intensively training and so on are better exp when your able to concentrate.

Hes also saying don't let runescape take over your life, yes its not helping you play but its good advice.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Its proven that taking a 5-10 minute break every 40 minutes keeps your concentration up. Activities like bosses, concentration intensively training and so on are better exp when your able to concentrate.

Hes also saying don't let runescape take over your life, yes its not helping you play but its good advice.

You don't need concentration. Unless you are doing bosses, you really don't need any concentration. A 5-10 min break would nullify any possible gains anyways.

Training on Aggressive monsters is adeal. During the death animation you can attack another target.

TBH its juts common sense. IF you don't have anything new to add, then making a "guide" really isin't needed.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

This is for people who don't know these things. You didn't know these things at some point. Same with me, Zezima, Forsakenmage, zaaps, Das, N0valyfe, etc. We all learned them somewhere.

Anyway, please give suggestions. They are more than welcome! :)

PM me for fitocracy invite

Training on Aggressive monsters is adeal. During the death animation you can attack another target.

Can't you also do that when they are non-agressive? And what does that have to do with the length of the dying animation? You can still do the exact same thing even with a short one, right?

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png