' N O R R ii E ' + + Blog to Mastering Runescape

I'm only about 6k from 59 right now, but it's time for me to go to bed.

Hope I get my SSH soon. Haven't seen any spiders yet, but I wasn't really expecting to find any this soon anyways.

I got a primal maul drop today, it's a shame they aren't very useful. Ah well, I couldn't wield it anyways, I'm not 99 strength (yet!).

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

good job on training so far but a lil tip

DONT BIND PRIMAL MAUL CUZ PROM 2H MUCH BETTER@@@

Lol, thanks, but I knew that already ;]

I just thought it was pretty.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

[/hide]

Finally got 60 dung :D

I didn't have a whole lot of time to work on it today other than that though. I'm not leveling up too fast but I don't really mind, I'm not spending much time on it really.

I actually did 3 herb runs today, which is rare, since I usually get way too absorbed in what I'm doing to stop and do farming. But I was a little unfocused today, so whatever.

I decided to train range for the first time in 3 or 4 years and work on getting it to 80, so I can use the next tier of bows in dung.

I'm chinning nechryael in the chaos tunnels right now, which is actually kind of fun. I might end up chinning monkey skeletons or whatever those things are and get 99 one of these days.

But right now I just got to 79, and I think that's enough for tonight. German exam tomorrow x_x

I think after I wrap this up, I'm going to buy some tree seeds and actually work on my farming a bit. When I finish dung & max melees I think my next project will be getting all my skills 80+.

I have 10 skills under 80 right now-

Farming, which I should be way over 80 if I can keep up my tree/herb runs,

Range, which will be 80 by tomorrow,

Dung, also working on 80+ right now,

Agility, which I haven't worked on in ages. I think I'll do ape atoll w/penance horn,

Mining, by the time I work on this, the new mid-range mining update will be out,

Smithing, probably superheating gold, so I can get some decent mage exp,

Thieving, will only take a couple hours since the exp is so fast,

Crafting, which I have absolutely no idea how to train these days,

Firemaking, I don't know how I want to train this really either, I might chop & burn teaks,

and Runecrafting, which I am really, really, dreading. I think this wins the award for worst skill ever. Maybe by the time I finally get to this, my peng points will have gotten me a few levels.

Wow, that's actually kind of a lot when I look at it all written out like that.

Whatever, it shouldn't be too bad.

I wonder what I'll work on after that? Probably some serious money-making. I think I'll need it.

I'd like to try out TD's or some solo GWD one of these days. Or there's always frosties, too, but I wonder how long those will continue to be as profitable as they are right now?

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

I got 80 range just a bit ago, pretty happy about that. It's nice to see that level finally past the 70's.

I remember when I first got 70 range... took me two weeks training it from 55 at the caged ogres near ardy. I was so excited to wear that black d'hide for the first time xD

Hah, enough reminiscing. I'm bored, so I think I'm going to get off for the day... time for real-life ;D

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Just leveled up to 63 dging. I'm starting to really get better at making consistent floor times. Could probably be just a little faster, but I think I'm alright for now.

Also got 93 strength tonight! Almost all of the exp between 92 and 93 was from dungeons, which is pretty cool. I think I'll probably level up once more before I get my rapier.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Awesome blog <3: I read through it all a few days ago. I like what you're doing, and hope you keep it up! I like reading blogs like this, they keep me going on Runescape; giving me something to strive for.

//jealousy. \:D/

Hisaonakai.png

Awesome blog <3: I read through it all a few days ago. I like what you're doing, and hope you keep it up! I like reading blogs like this, they keep me going on Runescape; giving me something to strive for.

//jealousy. \:D/

Aww, thank you :D I'm glad you enjoyed it~

I finished my exams yesterday, meaning I am officially done with classes until fall! Feels weird to be living back home again.

I did a couple dungeons this morning, no level ups but I am close to one.

Next week I won't be around here, as I'm going to be on vacation in florida~! Can't wait.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, swedishboy! ;D

I've just returned from vacation, although it wasn't as relaxing as I had hoped. Turned out being kind of a mess of trying to do too many things in too little time. Oh well.

It is also my birthday tomorrow (!) so I will finally be 19... which isn't all that great, since I'd rather be 21, but I'm happy about it either way. I did get a couple of amazing birthday presents though- a Kindle which I have been using all week (anyone else reading The Hunger Games series?) and a pair of very expensive Prada sunglasses, and I'm trying to convince my boyfriend to give me money for a new tattoo as his gift to me. Otherwise I might just go ahead and do it myself. I've really been itching to get some new art done.

In runescape-related news, I really don't have much to say since I haven't even signed on yet xD

But I expect to get a dung level or two before my boyfriend gets off work. Possibly a farming level too, only 11k away.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

I've been dunging almost all day today, and with good results. I think I leveled 2 or 3 times. Level 69 now.

Did some duo'ing with my mum, she's the only person I actually enjoy teaming up with.

I also got some miscellanious levels, specifically crafting, smithing, and firemaking, since I was close to them from various dungeoneering tasks.

Overall a pretty productive day, if you can call runescape productive.

I think I might actually finish a couple quests now, the exp rewards are looking nice. Particularly for runecrafting. I really need to be able to make bloods.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Just finished Prisoner of Glouphrie and got three more levels- 75 theiving, 75 agility, and 71 runecrafting. Very nice.

That means I leveled up 8 (9?) times today. I think that's more than I've done in a loooong time.

Tomorrow I'll do King of the Dwarves, maybe Clockwork Syringe and Ele Workshop IV if I feel like it.

I think those will get me another couple of level-ups, bringing me up to 2100 total (2099 right now!). :twss:

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

More random levels! Just finished King of the Dwarves and got 74 mining (along with 2100 total! yay ;D), then went back to dunging and got 83 fishing without even realizing I was about to level up.

I'm probably going to hit 70 dung today too, and 78 farming.

I think I will also get 94 strength and 97 hitpoints fairly soon, I'm 400k and 100k away, respectively. So they should level up right around the same time.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Out of curiosity, gonna use DGS when you're 70 dg? ;)

I'm thinking about it, lol.

I'm not a big team player but I wouldn't mind learning from you guys ;] Maybe I'll like it if I try it.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

I tried dungeoneering, I really did...But there's just no place in that skill for solo players...Oh, wait, that's right. It can be fast. If you play in a team. [bleep] this.

Amen, sister! Although, I seem to recall reading recently that they were working on rebalancing the xp rates for solo floors to make it more viable so we're not forced to use teams (I'm not much of a team player either ;-) ).

Nice blog, btw. You've had some excellent outfits. <3:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I tried dungeoneering, I really did...But there's just no place in that skill for solo players...Oh, wait, that's right. It can be fast. If you play in a team. [bleep] this.

Amen, sister! Although, I seem to recall reading recently that they were working on rebalancing the xp rates for solo floors to make it more viable so we're not forced to use teams (I'm not much of a team player either ;-) ).

Nice blog, btw. You've had some excellent outfits. <3:

Oh, hehe. I forgot I said that before.

Well, they did make some changes a while back if I recall correctly. And allowing you to go back in your dungeon if you log out was huge step too- my internet can be awful with disconnects sometimes!

But I still look at the slow ~20k/hour exp rates I'm getting and get frustrated sometimes. Ah well. It does get much better as you level up ;]

Thanks~ I try hard with my clothes, it's nice that I'm not the only one who appreciates it!

Oh, and I did get 70 dung today :] Maybe 71 before I go to bed tonight.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Ignore the guy trying to seduce every girl with his ukelele. :P

Man, I wish I had parents who played RS.

Anyway, you can probably accelerate your DG XP rates far beyond 20k/hr, you just need to learn how to move through dungeons faster and pick up some rushing skills. Not a problem.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Ignore the guy trying to seduce every girl with his ukelele. :P

Man, I wish I had parents who played RS.

Anyway, you can probably accelerate your DG XP rates far beyond 20k/hr, you just need to learn how to move through dungeons faster and pick up some rushing skills. Not a problem.

I think I probably am getting a little more than 20k/hour, but I have the bad habit of going afk in the middle of dungeons for long periods of time, so that definitely doesn't help.. Hah.

Yeah, I eventually got my mum to try it after she watched my brother and I play for a few years. Turns out she loved it :] Still working on my dad, though. xD

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

As a point of reference, 20 minutes per solo medium floor should be your goal, but you can easily reduce that to consistent 10-15 minute floors. They're great, too, because they teach you how to coordinate your gatestones effectively, which is a huge part of keying in five-man teams. :thumbup:

Also, don't listen to Saradomin_Mage/Gwynrwyn . . . I don't even own a ukulele anymore. ;)

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

As a point of reference, 20 minutes per solo medium floor should be your goal, but you can easily reduce that to consistent 10-15 minute floors. They're great, too, because they teach you how to coordinate your gatestones effectively, which is a huge part of keying in five-man teams. :thumbup:

Also, don't listen to Saradomin_Mage/Gwynrwyn . . . I don't even own a ukulele anymore. ;)

Hehe.

Well, I think my fastest dungeon ever was around 19 minutes, but I generally get around 25-28. I'm not really sure what I can do to make it faster, but I am getting better with gatestones and trying to learn monster weaknesses, so I think that will be a big part of it.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Dag. I can barely solo C6 smalls in 30 minutes, let alone meds. Of course, I don't have your combat levels. :wink:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I've been trying out some different techniques and I'm proud to say I finished several meds in under 20 minutes yesterday- even got one done in 11 ;D

I also wasted some time hood-hunting, I've killed atleast 10 spiders but no drop yet. Hopefully I'll get it soon. I'm also almost 73 dung, I'll be getting that as soon as I do another floor.

It's starting to move along much, much faster now. And I'm actually enjoying dunging O_o Never thought that would happen.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Wasted more time hood-hunting today. Killed several more spiders, no luck finding a hood. Ugh.

Got lvl 74 a bit ago, also only 2k away from 97 hp right now. 94 strength will be next, about 100k away from that one.

I was thinking a bit about what I'd like to do after I reach my current goals. Obviously right now I'm getting 85 dungeoneering, followed by slaying my way to 99 melee stats. I think I'm going to try and do range and mage slaying wherever possible, too. And even after I get my max melees, I'm going to continue slaying until I have the charms for 99 summoning.

So after that I'll go the rest of the way to 99 range and mage, then 95 prayer if I haven't already.

Then I'd like to spend a fair amount of time working towards 85+ in all skills. It'll kind of suck but it will be a nice milestone to have.

After I do all of that, I'll be ready to go back to dungeoneering my way to 99. Then bring all the relevant skills up to effigy-assist levels (either 91 or 93, depending), and for all the non-assistable skills I'll aim for somewhere in the 90-95 range. Maybe a couple more 99's if they're convenient or easy.

And finally, the long(ish) road to 120 dungeoneering. Followed by 99 in the rest of my skills.

Well, okay. That's kind of looking several years in the future, if it ever happens. So whatever. But it would be cool if I could get all that, wouldn't it?

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Leveled dung twice today. 76 now. Starting to feel like I'm getting close to that rapier.

Also got 94 strength, the last two levels have been entirely from dungeons. I didn't realize I'd be getting so much combat exp doing this, it's pretty nice.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]