Do you think melee is balanced with range?

Neilson1111

In my opinion, range is in par with melee.

Range got dragonfire bolts, which can snipe even melee to death.

Although melee got the dds or d claws to even it out, yeah.

Crossbow specs and void+dark bow= domination.

But melee can counter with its unique arsenal of weapons( godsword,whip,etc.)

Well? :cry:

Neilson1111.png16800000+ 15000000+ 9mil

GWD Drops:(Lootshare)

2 Bandos Hilts, 1 BCP, 1 Bandos Tassets, 17 Snapdragon Seeds

Slayer Drops:

7 Abbysal Whips, 37 Dragon Boots, 17 Mauls, 1 visage. Total Loot: 43mil+

Mages are beaten by both classes.

Both rangers and warriors have 1-hit methods, so they are pretty balanced. Mages don't have any 1-hit methods.

Well, I think magic isn't really a focused pking skill.

It's more like freeze/bind, then attack with either range of warrior.

Neilson1111.png16800000+ 15000000+ 9mil

GWD Drops:(Lootshare)

2 Bandos Hilts, 1 BCP, 1 Bandos Tassets, 17 Snapdragon Seeds

Slayer Drops:

7 Abbysal Whips, 37 Dragon Boots, 17 Mauls, 1 visage. Total Loot: 43mil+

while i think that range and mage are both weaker than melee in many respects, if i was on a pvp world... i would rather meet a 99 range guy with a darkbow than a mage casting ice barrages on me.

plus, if you meet a range/melee who's absoloutly killing you... you can teleport. with a mage, high levels can block you from doing so, and so you have a higher chance of dying.

although i do agree with the perosn who said that mage isn't a focussed pk skill... i haven't seen many (although i very rarely pvp)

For the record, this isn't about magic.

Range can compete with Melee. After level 110 it gets harder, but certainly it. It is very accurate, and has many possible combinations around it. Combine with Veng to make it an amazing Pk'ing KO. Dragonfire bolts can dish over 60 damage, Diamonds are accurate and can hit through armor's defenses, Morg's Javelins dish amazing damage, the magic short is the King vs low defenses.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

In a combat level basis, range is probably more powerful than melee.

1.5 melee stats is roughly equivalent to 1 range level, so 99 range is about 150 combined attack and strength.

With 99 range, rangers can hit 30-60 with xbows, and hit up to 90 with dark bows.

With 150 combined atk and str. you can.

50 atk 99 str. Hit high amounts with a gmaul and below, very inaccurately compared to range.

70 attack 80 str. You can hit between 30-40 with whip, faster than a crossbow, with without range and with less accuracy. You can hit 60-70 with dharoks.

75 attack 75 str, As above, but you get a godsword to ko, can hit 50-60 with godsword.

As you can see, there is no real combination of 150 attack and strength that can beat range.

Infact, 99 range gives maxed melee a run, never mind half maxed =D.

O.O

Before claws it was pretty balanced, but claws gave melee to much power to instant ko people.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

I think it really is balanced,not pricewise.. If any melee has the upper hand with the "right" gear that is.

I think melee has the upperhand mainly in terms of armor. Armor is a biggie when it comes to combat,offence isn't everything (yet i have 1 defence) :). But i think Full Bandos, Whip,Dragonfire shield and Nietzot would stand a fighting chance against someone with Amardryl and rune crossbow. Now thats high leveled.

When it comes to 1 defence pvping its a whole different story. The factor of timing gives pkers an advantage for both, the ranger and the meleer. They both can average in good hits and specials. So when it boils down to 1 defence pking I think they are both balanced and one of the main factors is well, the player.

PvE. Now They each have there ups and downs and i can honestly say they are very well balanced. In other words i recommend training both.

Well thats it from me for now haha 8-)

peopel need to relize that this game is focused towards melee. It really is just get over it. We get the grandmaster weapons and armour. Ranged and mage are both good skills if you can use them correctly but melee is the blunt force that 2/3 of runescape starts with.

In fact, I do have some pancake mix.

2ic8sw5.png

I think it really is balanced,not pricewise.. If any melee has the upper hand with the "right" gear that is.

I think melee has the upperhand mainly in terms of armor. Armor is a biggie when it comes to combat,offence isn't everything (yet i have 1 defence) :). But i think Full Bandos, Whip,Dragonfire shield and Nietzot would stand a fighting chance against someone with Amardryl and rune crossbow. Now thats high leveled.

When it comes to 1 defence pvping its a whole different story. The factor of timing gives pkers an advantage for both, the ranger and the meleer. They both can average in good hits and specials. So when it boils down to 1 defence pking I think they are both balanced and one of the main factors is well, the player.

PvE. Now They each have there ups and downs and i can honestly say they are very well balanced. In other words i recommend training both.

Well thats it from me for now haha 8-)

Agreed, 1 defence pking is fairly balanced.

Few pures have d claws anyway.

But when defence is accounted for, range has superior accuracy, and basically kicks melees :pray: .

O.O

Defender>DFS.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Defender>DFS.

Has nothing to do with argument. Plus you can't compare an offensive shield (like a defender) with a defensive sheild (dragonfire)

I think melee has the upperhand mainly in terms of armor

In terms of armour dragonfire sheild is better. In terms of offence, rune defender is better.

GF Llamster.

I think it would be interesting to think that melee was designed to beat range (combat triangle...)

However if we look at the special attacks of godswords etc they stand up quite well to that of the dark bow and enchanted crossbow bolts.

And i thought Jagex would've introduced Super range potions by now.

Personally i think it's quite even, i'd like someone to prove me otherwise.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

^Huh? The offense of the defender outweighs the defense of the DFS. If you had a guy with a whip+defender versus a guy with a whip+DFS, the defender would win more often.

Super range potions would make melee even more underpowered than it is now.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Personally i think it's quite even, i'd like someone to prove me otherwise.

Indeed they are each have their own pros and cons but if one was truley better then another in a noticeable fashion i think that it would be blatantly obvious in terms of weaponry in PvP and in PvE.