Best method for training range

death666bl00ms

Hey guys,

Long time player here. Unfortunately, I have always done melee, and through slayer. However, my melee is currently maxed, and slayer is only 91. Therefor, I need to start training range.

I am 85 range. I have not trained range since the days of magic short with steel arrows. Now, there are so many different ways to train range, it makes my head spin.

I want to go for 99 range, through slayer. What is the best method (exp + cost effective) for training range? Currently, my setup consists of:

Void ranger helm

Void knight top

Void knight robe

Void knight gloves

Snakeskin boots

Ava's accumulator

Fury

Ring of wealth

Crystal Bow

So, in recap, I am using crystal bows. Can anyone suggest a more efficient method (gear included) for training range through slayer? I have roughly 70m to blow, so price isn't THAT big of a deal. However, I would like to keep the cost down.

Thanks!

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

That setup looks good, i find that ranger boots are a worthwhile addition though as they are far better than any other boots as far as range bonus goes.

Try and cannon as many tasks as you can too :)

And recharging the bow all the time may become a bit tedious, so you may want to try MSB and broad arrows. Rune crossbow and broad bolts will help you with the higher level monsters (Ie black demons, dragons...)

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I plan on training some range through slayer as well. The void is nice if you wont be taking to much damage, or can cover the damage with food/familiar. If you need some defence, Blk d'hide works and for those tasks that need mage def, Karils works well there. There is a guide about range slaying in the Aow or Beginner guides, idk which though. Also if you can get a Spirit Shield, they would be great as they have 0 range attack bonus and are have good defense. Also a rune c'bow with broad bolts is cost effective and works quite well. If you have crystal bows might as well use them. If you can get a safe spot, Unholy Book works quite well.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

people slate it but the dark bow isnt that abd a weapon. yep its slow but the fact that even at my range of 73 when potted i camn hit consecutivly 20 dmg over 2 arrows worth. + the specs nice if you need a bit of last min dmg. Im currently using that with addy arrows and am doing fine, the arrows are cheap and the bow at 800k aint that bad imo.

if your slayering then cannon what you can if just to speed things up a bit, im not a fan myself but then again i only have about 1 mil atm so dont wanna spend the money on one.

if you get a task where you need an oh item then rune xbow and broad bolts.

Athalus_1988.png

yep thats f2p..just waiting for my membership to expire

Rune C'bow with broad bolts is very good. You can't really improve on that except with rune bolts, which aren't worth your money. Use an Unholy Book for a shield.

Get Ranger Boots and an Archer Ring.

Use ranged potions, flash/use 10% ranged prayer and prayer potions, and use a cannon.

Another note is that you can use chinchompas on Nechyrael in the Chaos Tunnels.

Ok guys.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to try rune xbow, with broad bolts.

Thanks guys!

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

Think I should get Armadyl? Or is it not worth it...

-Genghis Khan

Aviansies and chinning ape atoll are the best training spots. Range slayer is simply awful, don't do it.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Aviansies and chinning ape atoll are the best training spots. Range slayer is simply awful, don't do it.

I completely agree with this, I would rather chin the rest of the way for 99 range and meelee slayer. I honestly think that it will be a more efficient use of your time rather than range slayer.