Ranged training

Kinosjourney

Well im currently into ranged since melee is so boring and i wonder about places to train range.

I want 80+ so i can do something like GWD as the money will do me good since I need a boost in my wallet so i can afford chins to max out range cause range is a cool skill and it have got the coolest skillcape in game.

Btw, how long does it take to get 80-90 range at Soul Wars? i haven't tried it yet but everyone seems to think its the best place ever to get good exp. Sounds nice but im not sure.

Also, i wonder how far i would get after 80 range if i spent around 3m at normal chins.

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

soul wars isnt that good. About 5 zeals/hour on average. that is at your lvl: 25k exp?

25k + the exp you'll get in game is quite low... (at 96 range not even 20k/h) so that would mean 45-50k per hour. Not that good even for your lvl.

3m (rough guess) from 80 would probably be about 84 range...

btw, 80+ is quite low for gwd. Try to get at least 90 range before trying.

ragingnewb.png

80's alright if your doing aviansies for money. 90 as the previus post says is needed to do bosses effectively

As for 3m... im thinking ull get around 120-150 xp each chin. so you do the rest of the calculations. (3m/price of chins) x 120 xp = thats ur total xp gain with 3m. now add ur total xp + the gain off the 3m and ull see where u might be after spending it.

oh btw id use gray chins. I used them from 90-99 range and it wound up being cheaper then if i used reds.

xturtx - range tank:

xturtx.png

80's alright if your doing aviansies for money. 90 as the previus post says is needed to do bosses effectively

As for 3m... im thinking ull get around 120-150 xp each chin. so you do the rest of the calculations. (3m/price of chins) x 120 xp = thats ur total xp gain with 3m. now add ur total xp + the gain off the 3m and ull see where u might be after spending it.

oh btw id use gray chins. I used them from 90-99 range and it wound up being cheaper then if i used reds.

I said normal chins, red chins is a waste of money for a little faster exp rate.

Also, i won't consider aviansies. I just did them by using a tanking method and i made a small profit after several hours there.

I was thinking about ranging something high leveled with full void+mage short. First i thought about black demons but idk a good spot, any ideas?

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

I said normal chins, red chins is a waste of money for a little faster exp rate.

Also, i won't consider aviansies. I just did them by using a tanking method and i made a small profit after several hours there.

I was thinking about ranging something high leveled with full void+mage short. First i thought about black demons but idk a good spot, any ideas?

I tried black demons, and they aren't as good exp or money as Aviansies. If you really don't want to do them, Basilisks in the smoking kills place are meant to be good exp, you can even bring a canon for extra exp.

2v8sgvs.png

If your making less then 200k per hour at avis your doing something seriously wrong.

With your stats you should average about 300k per hour tanking.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

yea as the previous poster said you should be makeing like 300k+ i was tanking with just dragon (cant use torags yet) and i got around that much usually.

since your 75 i suggest getting bandos boots maybe and going west of gwd entrence. im thinking your going into crowded places so not getting max profit. the aviances in the west are usually not even used. ive seen worlds where all day noones there but me.

so try that. and are you using bones to peach tabs or spell? that might be ur problem too if your tanking + using prayer for some reason. idk

xturtx - range tank:

xturtx.png

I were at aviansies for several hours tanking (i used like 10 B2P tabs) and i made 600-800k or something and then subtracted the costs of gear and supplies and i made a 200-300k profit, lame and boring, id preffer something with good exp, nice drops is a plus tho :geek:

EDIT: muted for 5 days, yippie! :o \'

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

I were at aviansies for several hours tanking (i used like 10 B2P tabs) and i made 600-800k or something and then subtracted the costs of gear and supplies and i made a 200-300k profit, lame and boring, id preffer something with good exp, nice drops is a plus tho :geek:

EDIT: muted for 5 days, yippie! :o \'

yeah same here, i find aviansies very boring so i never train there. u can try blue dragons in members dungeon if you have 70 agility. with void and broad bolts they go down really fast.

bedce0cd19.png

Tbh i preffer a mage shortbow with full void, sorry. any more ideas? ;)

i was the same but once u use a rune cbow with broad bolts, u'll realize how much better it is compared to the mage sbow.

Actually ive used a Rune C'bow with broad bolts at Aviansies =P

I hit 21-22 without pray or pot so i suppose i do some sick damage with range void and pot..Nah ill stick with mageshort :twisted:

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

just do yaks then since youve shot down any other idea. once your 99 you'll be able to make serious money. my range tank does gwd alot since its gotten 99 and love it

:( Now im jealous of your range skillcape, how did you get 99 range and how long did it take? :S

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lol umm it was spanned across like 5 months i think.. ill get back to you when they impliment the total game hours and might give you better estimate.

as for your how: 1-60 the usual f2p guide to ranging

60-83 ankous and cockroach workers (was f2p)

83-94 slayer, yaks, firegiants ( if you want money i forgot dust devils are good around here)

94-99 gray chinning all the way (cost about 15m in the end)

I got my money for chinning from running double nats. got assisted from a clan that usually assists people on world 36 i think (name is "ffdn") 250k-900k depending on what route you choose (abyss or graahk)

xturtx - range tank:

xturtx.png

Seems boring, i dont think i will afford chins but hopefully ill find someway to get good money.

my friend recently reached 93 range by using broad bolts and full void at fire giants and are so bored hes considering quitting (must be intense :shock: )

I've got aprox 4k broad bolts, full void and so on + a full guthix book but ALL places are so slow exp, im currently getting 90+ cooking so im still planning about ranged.

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

yea you gotta really want 99 range if your going for it. its not for everyone. for me its the other way around though. I dispise training melee. I feel like its the most boring skill to train. Other wise i would have stuck with my str pure lol. Gl on cooking and just raise range when u feel like it. unless ur gonna pk 90 range usually is sufficient to do alot of other things.

xturtx - range tank:

xturtx.png

Don't try and go for drops with such low ranged, you want xp, only xp. If you have a enhanced excalibur, and done Defender of Varrock, you can range Armoured Zombies with a bunyip and granite shield, it's how I personally got my ranged up. Only at level 85+ ranged should you consider getting good money with ranging, because with low stats, you will barely get more than 200-300k per hour.

I know Armoured Zombies get boring easily, but seriously, they are good xp.

Don't try and go for drops with such low ranged, you want xp, only xp. If you have a enhanced excalibur, and done Defender of Varrock, you can range Armoured Zombies with a bunyip and granite shield, it's how I personally got my ranged up. Only at level 85+ ranged should you consider getting good money with ranging, because with low stats, you will barely get more than 200-300k per hour.

I know Armoured Zombies get boring easily, but seriously, they are good xp.

what do you suggest ranging with on armoured zombies. Cause i too tried this at 95 range and didnt get much of a better result when using bronze knives

xturtx - range tank:

xturtx.png