rumor about how to get more mimes

ShakaKhan70

I recently heard something from a fellow miner about mimes and other random event that seems to make sense. He said that if you talk less you should have a bigger chance of getting a random even since their point is to get rid of autominers. I have never gotten anything better other than 1 maze, some genies, and some MOMs and I am always talking almost non-stop while I mine so this seems like a correct assumption to me.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 7 shades from killing chickens at the guild. I'm always the only one there and I get a lot of randoms. Maybe if I talk to myself, I'll get less events. I'll sure try it next time :P
rofl skitzo :shock: .as far as im concerned, i have no idea on whether talking changes the rate for randoms, but clicking sure does :wink:

R.I.P. Shiva

Guest Nezikchened

Uhm... Just a little thing, full inventory definetly isn't the thing, I have been fletching for a loong time. Guess what? 12.5K strung bows, 9500 unstrung bows, not a single event. Not even a swarm or drunk d00d...

Umm, it definitely is the thing. I have gotten only -one- maze. I read the theory about having a full inventory, and that same day I got -tons- of mazes(and two Forresters.) I never train without a full inventory, and I always get a maze. And this isn't only my experience.. there's a thread in General forums about it, and tons of people have tried it out and they all agree - full inventory is the way to go. So, sorry if you aren't getting a random. xD

I recently heard something from a fellow miner about mimes and other random event that seems to make sense. He said that if you talk less you should have a bigger chance of getting a random even since their point is to get rid of autominers. I have never gotten anything better other than 1 maze, some genies, and some MOMs and I am always talking almost non-stop while I mine so this seems like a correct assumption to me.

well if thats the case the auto miners could get a program to auto talk to then they would get less random events so i dont think jagex would do that.

well if thats the case the auto miners could get a program to auto talk to then they would get less random events so i dont think jagex would do that.

not nessisarily, some kind of auto talk would make them even more obivious and easier to ban. Sometimes I mine for up to 5-6 hours at a time and I see a guy walking around talking about stuff that has nothing to do with whats going on for that long, and acting like autominers usually do, I'd report him.

not nessisarily, some kind of auto talk would make them even more obivious and easier to ban. Sometimes I mine for up to 5-6 hours at a time and I see a guy walking around talking about stuff that has nothing to do with whats going on for that long, and acting like autominers usually do, I'd report him.

if they had an auto talker say something like "mining lvls!" about 2 times a minuite it cant really be considered auto talking well it is but no one would suspect it.

N33bs. If u wana get more mazes just full ur inventory up with junk and fight low lvl monsters. Dont pick anything up nor drop anything. YOUR INVENTORY HAS TO BE FULL. It will take at least 15 minutes for maze to come. try not to talk and DONT move ur camera around.

if they had an auto talker say something like "mining lvls!" about 2 times a minuite it cant really be considered auto talking well it is but no one would suspect it.

I geuss maybe people who were in there for a little while wouldn't suspect anything, but if I see someone say something like "mining lvls" 100-150 times I'm gonna suspect something

The name "Random Events" suggests that they are not influenced by anything and are in fact "Random".

Sure there may be some events that happen more often to some people but they are just a Random occurence.

I think that part of the random events are random, but other aspects are affected by what you are doing. Maybe the game does some kind of random scan of players, picks some, and depending on what they are doing gives them a random event, lowering the chance of a non-autoer getting bugged with a random event (although I still wouldn't mind a mime). I'm not too big on programming, but this theory seems fairly possible, and the some of the things people have posted seem to support it.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah...maybe their system is built so that they give out random events 60 times a minute for the rare ones and 600 times a minutes for not so rare ones(question box). They just like randomly pick a few people 1 person every second. It could also be the server thing. Each server gives a specific numbers of events every minute. I so far have gotten more events on less crowded servers than world 1 or 2.

Uhm... Just a little thing, full inventory definetly isn't the thing, I have been fletching for a loong time. Guess what? 12.5K strung bows, 9500 unstrung bows, not a single event. Not even a swarm or drunk d00d...

past 3 days ive been clan pking ive gotten a maze EVERY time right before we leave.

It was f2p so I had 26 lobs and green body and legs (yes no telies)

2/3 it was chaos and coins

Sunryse.png

Ive benn in the barbarian village training, and I've gotten 1 old man per day. sometimes I'll be fishing and I"ll see other people getting chickens, pirates and trolls, and I am stuck with nothing. it might be that not talking doees stuff, and I"ll try not moving the camera. it could also be the fulll inventory (we're fishing on karjama, almost every one has a full inventory except for me) but I think the random players could be something too.

I got 7 shades from killing chickens at the guild. I'm always the only one there and I get a lot of randoms. Maybe if I talk to myself, I'll get less events. I'll sure try it next time :P

Umm...shades and zombies are related to bone burying, they always pop up when you are burying bones. If you never buried any bones, ever, you would never get either one. I almost always get them in the chicken coop or the combat training camp, occasionally in the cattle pasture, always while I am burying a batch of bones.

Suzanne Vega

grammar2gr8dx.png

tokin rite wurx gud!