Fishing

AnthonyWL

Hello. Anthony here. Obviously you saw my name but oh well.

I require the infinite wisdom of the great people of Rune Tip It :P

Its a Fishing based question and probably you can see by my Goal Stat Signature the percentage i am on my way to it.

Anyways: My current goal is actually 99 Fishing but im taking a break at 95 Fishing. I am Fishing in either World 15 or World 112 if you are interested in keeping me company :P BUT what i would like to know is how long will it take from 76 (Which i started) to 95 on Sharks alone.

Reason i am doing sharks is because i need the money....

In brief:

Goal: 95 Fishing - Sharks only

Fish caught per day: 700-1000

Hours Played: For now its averaging 6-8

How long will it take for 95 roughly?

Thanks

-AnthonyL99

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

It shouldn't be to hard, just simple math since you gave all the information. If you do 700-1000 fish in 6-8 hours, that's anywhere from 116 sharks an hour (if you caught 700 and played only 6 hours) to 125 sharks an hour (if you caught 1000 sharks and played 8 hours). To make it simpler i'm going to do 850 sharks in 7 hours to get a more reliable answer as to how many you could do. (that is about 121 sharks an hour). Now as you get higher fishing levels catching sharks might become easier, I don't know as i fished monkfish (which i suggest you do, but that's up to you).

Now you need 6.9m exp to 99 from where you are at now. Sharks give 110 exp each. if you do 121 sharks an hour that's 13,310 exp in the one hour. (kind of low imo) So in 7 hours you get 93,170 exp in that day. Divide the 6.9m exp by 93,170 and you have `75 days of fishing. Now it may take you a few days more/less as you play different hours and catch different amounts of fish.

Now if you were to do monkfish, and this is just an option and im not tell you this is better. you get 120 exp per monkfish. in that same hour you make 14,520 exp if you do 121 monkfish in a hour. Now monkfish are caught faster then sharks at your level so you can get more of those then sharks, but if you stick with the 121 monks an hour it will take about 69 days if you play 7 hours a day catching 121 monks.

Also, some of my calculations might be off, if they are forgive me. But i think i got the majority of them right, if someone could check them for me.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Since you are playing that many hours a day, time each hour and make notes of the exp that you get per hour. Do that over several hours, perhaps one day time 5 hours.

Take the total amount of exp gained and divide it by the hours you played. This gives you exp per hour. Obviously this will diminish over time but for a high balled number take that figure and divide it by how much experience you have left until 95 fishing. That will give you a better idea than the numbers that we give you.

However, I took your starting figure of 76 and found that you need 8.771.558 more exp for 95. Giving a very conservative number of 35k per hour when fly fishing in Shilo you will have to fish for 251 hours.

Using a figure of 40k results in 219 hours.

And lastly using an unreasonable figure of 50k you are looking at 176 hours.

taking the average of these numbers gives 215 hours and for the sake of argument, let us assume that is the correct number of hours. Knowing that you play 6-8 hours a day, IF you can keep that paces then you are looking at 26-36 days fishing.

MY ADVICE: Use a fishing familar. Ideally a granite lobster would be the one that you use but the Ibis and granite crab offer awesome benefits. Do not neglect to use them, they more than pay for themselves in fish that they catch.

NOTE: Exp rates are those of typically Shilo fishing crossing into heavy rod fishing to use as a basis for the calculations. Chances are these numbers are ideal and that is something you might want to think about.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Oh heck nevermind, you plan on fishing shark......

yeah that is going to take years. Shark are very slow to catch...

Fish monks instead, better exp ratios and cash is better as you will catch more fish.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

And something else to look at is that the poster above me gave you a figure of 7o so odd days for the level and fly fishing could be done in 36 leaving you another 35+ days to make cash.

I know that it can be hard to see the point here but by fly fishing you save half of the time and have tons of time to make back the cash that you missed out on by not fishing shark.

And also there is no way you will get 121 shark/hour imo. I am 83 ish fishing and do not get 121 shark a hour.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Fish monks instead, better exp ratios and cash is better as you will catch more fish.

Not years, just 3 months top. Could be less if he played more and caught more fish. Could be a lot less if he did monkfish or fly fishing. If doing monks, you make some money but not as much as sharks.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Not years, just 3 months top. Could be less if he played more and caught more fish. Could be a lot less if he did monkfish or fly fishing. If doing monks, you make some money but not as much as sharks.

Well I was really going for shock value by using an arbitrary number. My point was and is DO NOT FISH SHARK. Just because they sell for more does not validate fishing them. If you can catch 3 monks to one shark (which is easy to do) you make more money than sharks.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Im fishing Sharks for the money. Also im not able to use any Familliars because.. Well.. Look at my Summoning :roll: lol..

SHARKS ALL THE WAY NO MONKFISH.

^^^^ capitalised for efficieny

Please read the first post so you can absorb that im only doing Sharks :P

Thanks for theh elp already :thumbsup: \'

AnthonyWL.png

Im fishing Sharks for the money. Also im not able to use any Familliars because.. Well.. Look at my Summoning :roll: lol..

SHARKS ALL THE WAY NO MONKFISH.

^^^^ capitalised for efficieny

Please read the first post so you can absorb that im only doing Sharks :P

Thanks for theh elp already :thumbsup: \'

Granite crab

Monks are better money and exp regardless of what you may think.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I do not want xp at its fastest form. I want money. My question (which i should have stated more clearly) is roughly how long will 76-99 on Sharks take..?

AnthonyWL.png

If you can catch 3 monks to one shark (which is easy to do) you make more money than sharks.
Monks are better money and exp regardless of what you may think.

you can catch about 225 Raw Monkfish per hour at level 62

Say its 250 at your level compared to you 115 sharks.

You need 56,607 monkfish or 61,753 sharks to get 95.

You'll be catching your monkfish atleast twice as fast as you would sharks. Thats 226 hours fishing monkfish compared to 536 hours fishing sharks.

So your doing it 2.37x quicker with monks at the current prices sharks are only 2.63x more.

You make 21m from fishing monks all the way to 95 (at which time you'll be fishing them a lot quicker) in this same time period you'd make 25m by which time you will only be level 89. Now if you was to take into account the extra speed you get from the higher fishing levels I'm sure it works out at least even in money terms if not better for the monkfish as you will be 6 levels higher and therefore have a better multiplier.

So in conclusion monks are as good or better money and better exp.

Which is what everyone has been trying to tell you.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Well this player has 99 woodcutting, perhaps he achieved this goal by cutting mage logs instead of willow or yew from 85. I mean that is the same thing as catching shark instead of monks.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Remember, Time is money. Do something that is faster, like monkfish, because 1. you get money from monks, just not as much, but maybe more if compared to the amount of time and 2. You'll get your 99 faster.

w4M8t.png

Well this player has 99 woodcutting, perhaps he achieved this goal by cutting mage logs instead of willow or yew from 85. I mean that is the same thing as catching shark instead of monks.

Not really. Magic logs are actually more efficient than yews if you make less than 250k gp/hr, whereas sharks are less efficient than monkfish unless you make less than ~100k gp/hr. That means (since monkfish are more than 100k gp/hr) sharks will never be more efficient than monkfish. (Magic logs, by the way, are still less efficient than eucalyptus logs even if you make under 250k gp/hr. Yews are just overrated.)

In brief:

Goal: 95 Fishing - Sharks only

Fish caught per day: 700-1000

Hours Played: For now its averaging 6-8

How long will it take for 95 roughly?

LOL.. I never wanted any variable. I simply wanted to know how long it would take to get 95 on Sharks only.. Im currently 80 atm

AnthonyWL.png