Recent Photography

Sam

I've been trying more "manual" setups for these shots, I'm not really an expert in aperture/shutter speed and whatever, but I'm learning. Most of these were taken at:

f/5-7.1

1/325 sec shutter speed

200-400 ISO speed

[hide=Wells Cathedral]Wells_Cathedral_by_sillysamowild.jpg[/hide]

[hide=The Big Meet]The_Big_Meet_by_sillysamowild.jpg[/hide]

[hide=3]3_by_sillysamowild.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Down The Plug]Down_the_Plug_by_sillysamowild.jpg[/hide]

[hide=A Perfect Circle]A_Perfect_Circle_by_sillysamowild.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Before The Rain]Before_The_Rain_by_sillysamowild.jpg

Bad vignetting :|[/hide]

::'

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

There all fairly good. I'll just choose your worst and c/c it.

- Wells Cathedral.

That is a boring shot. There is a lack of composition. There is nothing interesting in it and it suffers from fringing.

The best?

-Down The Pluf

Interesting composition (quite good) the focus is lovely, looks great on your eyes and the shot is so detailed.

lampost_sig_stark.png

There all fairly good. I'll just choose your worst and c/c it.

- Wells Cathedral.

That is a boring shot. There is a lack of composition. There is nothing interesting in it and it suffers from fringing.

I agree with the comments on Wells Cathedral , it was more of some very quickly taken shots to stitch in Autopano Pro :P

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Wells Cathedral- bad composition, it's just dumped in the middle. you could have stood closer to create a more low angled shot to make the building look taller and generally more awesome. Also the blue sky completely clashes with the building's colour.

The Big Meet- pretty nice, although I would have the two bigger blobs in the foreground in focus, not blurred.

3- semi-interesting, but the focus is way off on this one

Down The Plug- foreground needs to be in focus, there are two big 'walls' of blur on either side that are incredibly distracting

A Perfect Circle- i see the idea you were going for, but it doesn't really work too well

Before The Rain- under-saturated, and there's no vignette there ;) A vignette is a border which fades to a blur/colour

spacescenev24.jpg

Hope you don't mind but I tried my hand at some color correction for Before the Rain.

[hide=]littleboycolorcorrectio.png[/hide]

Curves + Brightness/Contrast + Smart Sharpen.

My favorite of yours probably are Before the Rain and either A Perfect Circle or Down the Plug.

Nice work, particularly on down the plug. It's very noisy though, what iso are you shooting at, you mentioned 200-400, any reason? If camera shake is a problem then you should probably be using a tripod, especially for macro work, because it enables you to use the best quality settings available to you. And yeah, what's with the hard-edged out of focus areas that pyromancer pointed out?

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

Nice work, particularly on down the plug. It's very noisy though, what iso are you shooting at, you mentioned 200-400, any reason? If camera shake is a problem then you should probably be using a tripod, especially for macro work, because it enables you to use the best quality settings available to you. And yeah, what's with the hard-edged out of focus areas that pyromancer pointed out?

It was a low ISO, I just sharpened the photo and couldn't be bothered with noise removal crated by sharpening :P

Thanks all :thumbup:

btw: my birthday today :P

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

It was a low ISO, I just sharpened the photo and couldn't be bothered with noise removal crated by sharpening :P

Thanks all :thumbup:

btw: my birthday today :P

Fair enough, and happy birthday!! Get anything photography-wise hah?

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

It's not mine, Shiny. I'm embarrassed to say, I use my mothers camera :roll:

Yeah, buts its a 450d. They are better. Keep using and get an Sony A200 then give it to your mum. You profit out of it

lampost_sig_stark.png

It's not mine, Shiny. I'm embarrassed to say, I use my mothers camera :roll:

Yeah, buts its a 450d. They are better. Keep using and get an Sony A200 then give it to your mum. You profit out of it

that's a bit back-handed shiny.

We do it for the lulz.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM