Mining sites arranged by ore

Hello tip.it people,

A suggestion for you to improve your list of mining sites (http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?p ... g_maps.htm)

At the moment, you have two columns:

Name of Site

Number of Ores

In the Number of Ores column, you list all the ores.

I believe you could improve it by having the following columns:

Name of Site

Copper

Tin

Iron

Silver

Gold

Coal

Mithril

Rune

Then, just put the number of ores of that type in the column for that ore type.

The advantage of that would be that if I wanted to see where I could mine, say, limestone, or adamantite, I could look down the columns for limestone and adamantite, and see where there was a number in that column. It would be a lot easier to see than having to read through the text on each entry looking out for any mention of those ores.

psymann

If you're speaking of a table (like the equipment sorter), I think that would be a fantastic idea! I'm not sure how a final product would look and if it would still be broken up into several different "continents" as it is now, but I would think that would have something to do with the implementation.

EDIT: since some of the sites have very few types of ores, instead of checkmarks in the boxes, they'd probably have numbers to indicate the number of ores of each type...not sure if that's what you initially were referring to anyway, but just had that thought...

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Hello tip.it people,

A suggestion for you to improve your list of mining sites (http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?p ... g_maps.htm)

At the moment, you have two columns:

Name of Site

Number of Ores

In the Number of Ores column, you list all the ores.

I believe you could improve it by having the following columns:

Name of Site

Copper

Tin

Iron

Silver

Gold

Coal

Mithril

Rune

Then, just put the number of ores of that type in the column for that ore type.

The advantage of that would be that if I wanted to see where I could mine, say, limestone, or adamantite, I could look down the columns for limestone and adamantite, and see where there was a number in that column. It would be a lot easier to see than having to read through the text on each entry looking out for any mention of those ores.

psymann

Would you mean something like the tip.it crew have recently made Summoning Tables?

Pixie_V_Lott.png

Pixie_V_Lott.png

If you mean a simple list of Best -> wost spots for [insert ore here], it would be a pretty easy idea.

And a good one at that.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• 1 month later...

I would even go one step further and suggest that the columns be sortable based on ore type and number. ie., if you clicked on adamantite, the mine with the most adamantite ore would move to the top, then next, and so on, and the mines without those ore would simply stay in alphabetical order. Just a futher suggestion, but I really like the columns idea.

Hmm. This actually COULD be done. 9-10 columns is a lot to cram on a page, but not impossible. However, we are rather backed up in projects. It's a perpetual state to be honest: keeping up with new releases PLUS maintaining older info that needs updating.

Everyone on crew knows how much I LOVE coding tables (that's sarcasm, by the way). Is there anyone out there crazy enough to offer to code this? :lol:

If so, please PM me and I can give you specifics. It's painstaking and repetitive, not for the weak of heart.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Well, I was only thinking in terms of the basic metals.

After a crewbie pointed out limestone, sandstone, granite, elemental and other rocks ... I realised this probably wasn't as practical as it seemed at first.

Sorry. :(

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.