Guess that movie or actor...

____

Apparantely nobody is going to guess this. :|

The movie was Roman Polanski's first feature length movie; A Knife in the Water.

Anyway, if nobody will know this one I'll commit suicide.

whatmovieisthis25ec.jpg

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people need time to think you know :P

It was on all night, that means it was on all day for most of the forum users. :P Guess the new one then, Rick. :)

21o4pav.jpg

You're not being very fair to people Daan. How many ppl on this forum do you think have even HEARD of Polanski? I bet I can count them on one hand. People might have head of The Pianist or The Ninth Gate but i doubt they have heard of the director himself

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You're not being very fair to people Daan. How many ppl on this forum do you think have even HEARD of Polanski? I bet I can count them on one hand. People might have head of The Pianist or The Ninth Gate but i doubt they have heard of the director himself

Says Matt with screencaps of Troma's War and M. :P Polanski is very well known by movies such as Frantic, Rosemary's Baby, the Pianist, Repulsion, Chinatown, Tess and so on. Not to mention his publicity he got with the scandal he had in Nicholson's house and his wife being murdered (the give a refference to that in Fear and Loathin in Las Vegas btw).

And the new screencap really is a piece of cake. :shock:

21o4pav.jpg

Polanski is very well known by people who follow films other than big budget hollywood. thats still not many people on this forum.

And Troma films arnt that hard to guess tho and I did post 4 screencaps lol. I know M was a little difficult but there arnt many German movie of that kind so I was kinda easy if youve seen it.

As for yours I cant see it atm because Imageshack doesnt seem to like me this morning :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Polanski is very well known by people who follow films other than big budget hollywood. thats still not many people on this forum.

Nah, I think he's comparable to Kubrick when it comes down to that. Really, a lot of people know Roman Polanski, he's not all that unknown. :)

And Matt, because I'm such a nice guy, I uploaded the cap again on my boomspeed account.

whatmovieisthis2.jpg

:wink:

21o4pav.jpg

oops

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Meh. I didnt want to reply here to give some other people a change but in the words of Daan himself... "Just answer and make up someting new, lazy bum! :D" lol

It was The Creature from the Black Lagoon by Jack Arnold in 1954

Rawr!

blacklagoon.gif

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Sorry I didnt post sooner but my inet connection died at work. Had to wait til I got home to post.

I forbid Daan to have a go until the same time tomorrow to give some others a chance lol.

This one is a tad easier for some of the younger people on this forum ^_^

mysteryws859pa.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

k heres a few more screen caps. I thought youd find this one easy lol.

Main characters are the middle two. \/

morescreencapsws8522yb.jpg

/\ Whos this famous actor as a young guy? ;)

Dont you think he has a great resemblance to the blob thing i posted earlier? :P

And isnt this woman hot?... well i thought she was when I first saw this film hehe \/ She even wears a white band lol ;)

ws85lisa32jx.jpg

Surely the hair can give away the decade this film was made :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Horray for Neocrosby lol :D I knew somebody would know it :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Welll.

Nobody is replying, so I'll post a movie. It's classic from the 40's.

whatmoviethree0lg.th.jpg

Have fun.

[edit]

if this one is too hard, you can also guess on two other movies.

Movie 1

whatmovieisthis44we.th.jpg

Movie 2 (this one is really easy)

whatmovieisthis57fb.th.png

Hve fun! :)

21o4pav.jpg

Pffff. Nevermind, it's been six hours now and nobody guessed anything.

How easy do I have to make it?

1. Notorious, a famous movie by Alfred Hitchcock

2. Festen, a VERY well known movie. The first Dogme 1 movie by Thomas Vinterberg, and the whole Dogme 1 project meant an awefull lot to World Cinema, I can't believe nobody heard from it.

3. THE NEGOTIATOR, damn, this is a movie with Kevin Spacy AND SAMUAL L. JACKSON! Yes, Samual Jackson, the guy every 13 year old has a poster of on his room and saw every movie of.

Sorry, but this is just sad and very dissapointing. I guess we'll have 'fun' posting Pulp Fiction and Shawshank Redemption screencaps. sleepey.gif

21o4pav.jpg

Samual Jackson, the guy every 13 year old has a poster of on his room and saw every movie of.

What kind 13 year old is going to have a picture of a man on his wall?? Especially considering the alternative.

Anyway good selection of films.

Try these, they should be easy for someone with as much film knowledge as you.

image7zi.jpg

image4qj.jpg

and finally

image4qj.jpg

I told you no1 on the forum would guess them Daan :(

You have to remember the kind of people on here. The average TIF user just hasnt seen those movies. I am very suprised no1 got the Negotiator tho :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Sorry, but this is just sad and very dissapointing. I guess we'll have 'fun' posting Pulp Fiction and Shawshank Redemption screencaps. sleepey.gif

well i just now got on my computer since i last posted in this topic, some of us cant be on the forum all day. and i did know the notorious one, but not the other two.

but i dont know any of hukaideez's caps he put up

correct.

your turn! you gotta put a movie up.

comon we are waiting!!!

sorry, i wrote it in my other response, but i forgot to in this one. i dont do the next screeny, i let someone else 8)

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Ok then heres something a bit different. Whos is this guy...

Hes one of only two people to be killed in all three of the following movies. And theres a 'realistic' figurine for you to look at too heheh

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Ok then here's something a bit different...

Who is this guy?...

whostheceleb7bs.jpg

Clue: Hes one of only two people to be killed in all three of the above movies. And theres a 'realistic' figurine for you to try and guess with too :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Battleship Potemkin is the last one, if I am correct. I know the other two, if you let me think for a moment I'll try and remember them, especially the first one is on the top of my tongue, Hukaideez.

Meh, can't get on the other two. And I'd like to say that I'm not somekind of moving movie ecyclopedia, lol. I don't know everything (far from it), I don't remember everything, but I try to know more stuff than what comes standard movies, and I think the movies I gave weren't very hard. I'm just kind of frustrated that some people don't watch anything European or w/e or older than the 90's.

21o4pav.jpg