green day concert!

gamerpenguin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to see them in rotterdam.

i like green day, though i dislike the fact they try to get more popular with especially the last album, american idiot.. they begin to be more pop rock then punk.. i dont say this is bad, but i just dont like it.. 8)

Holy crap!!!! u r sooooooooooo luckeeeeeeeeee id do almost nething except marry a nerd or go on a date with 1 to go to a green day concert!!!!!!!!

Posts like this make me lose my faith in humanity.

The sad thing is, I didn't detect a lick of sarcasm in there

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

MyPurple is completely right, although I can't say the country thing because I am down here in Aus. Lots of people all hyped up about the upcoming concert here..Seems everyone who is going is under 14 from the looks of it.

I hope it sucks, well don't need to.

Yeah... I still don't understand the lyric from American Idiot... this one, "Maybe I'm the fa*got* America".... does anyone know what they are trying to say?

Thanks Hypno for agreeing! :D

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

MyPurple is completely right, although I can't say the country thing because I am down here in Aus. Lots of people all hyped up about the upcoming concert here..Seems everyone who is going is under 14 from the looks of it.

I hope it sucks, well don't need to.

Yeah... I still don't understand the lyric from American Idiot... this one, "Maybe I'm the fa*got* America".... does anyone know what they are trying to say?

Thanks Hypno for agreeing! :D

I think it's supposed to be mocking to republican homophobes. Green Day is being sarcastic, like "maybe I'm just another stupid g()y guy." I'm not sure, though.

If you think those lyrics don't make sense, look up the lyrics for "letterbomb" someday :shock:

Actually, I'll just post a lil sampler here:

Letterbomb

Where have all the b-st-rds gone?

The underbelly stacks up ten high

The dummy failed the crash test

Collecting unemployment checks

You're f---ing only along for the ride

Where have all the riots gone

As the city's motto gets pulverized?

What's in love is now in debt

On your birth certificate

So strike the f---ing match to light this fuse!

The town bishop's an extortionist

And he don't even know that you exist

Stand still when its do or die

You better run for your f---ing life

I like green day, new and old, but these lyrics are a bit....strange :?

Good song, anyway. 8)

finalsig9wq.gif

Spare me......their newly found mainstream emo-esque music style leaves much to be desired. Nimrod was fun, but now....I'll pass.

Maybe if I wear makeup and cry girls will like me and buy my crappy albums.

But yeah thanks weird lyrics indeed. Doesn't get better than Good Ridance and Basket Case.... and Minority.... those were the good days.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Ew, sell outs.

Elitist boy, want a hug? love.gif

I love how much hate Green Day gets because their mainstream :lol: Oh God, gotta love the hate bandwagon

Gamerpenguin, how was it?

They aren't hated because they are mainstream, they are hated because they are a gay emo band now. Most mainstream music is popular for a reason, green day eludes that, however.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Ew, sell outs.

I love how much hate Green Day gets because their mainstream :lol: Oh God, gotta love the hate bandwagon

They aren't hated because they are mainstream, they are hated because they are a * emo band now. Most mainstream music is popular for a reason, green day eludes that, however.

So their music is popular for......no reason at all?

finalsig9wq.gif

Ew, sell outs.

They aren't hated because they are mainstream, they are hated because they are a * emo band now. Most mainstream music is popular for a reason, green day eludes that, however.

Yes, but lageris said 'sellouts' which alludes to them going mainstream :wink:

smithie3.jpg

Sellouts.... alludes to them changing their entire apperance because one or two songs appeal to the radio, and a different audience. Green Day is no longer the "Green Day" that I knew. That is what I meant when I was reffering to them as Sellouts.

Sellouts.... alludes to them changing their entire apperance because one or two songs appeal to the radio, and a different audience. Green Day is no longer the "Green Day" that I knew. That is what I meant when I was reffering to them as Sellouts.

Isn't that the same as "going mainstream"

smithie3.jpg

Ew, sell outs.

When your fanbase consists primarily of teenage girls, yes, no reason at all.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Isn't that the same as "going mainstream"

Either way, why is that such a bad reason to dislike them?

They do not play the same type of music that they used to, and that was what I liked.

Ew, sell outs.

When your fanbase consists primarily of teenage girls, yes, no reason at all.

Wow, that's actually a really good point :shock: Props, man. :lol:

But I don't consider myself a teenage girl. They do have something likable about their songs. Of course they're different than the old Green Day, and maybe you don't like the change, but that's no reason to hate them. Can't you just move on and stop listening to them without condemning them for moving in a different direction?

finalsig9wq.gif

but that's no reason to hate them. Can't you just move on and stop listening to them without condemning them for moving in a different direction?

Yes it is a reason to hate them. They stand for everything I am against.

You guys do know that bands play for the cash, right? :?

What is the point of this question?

The point is that they became what the public wanted. They became popular because of that, they advertised themselves unlike some bands - because of that, as a last stand of being cool, to be unique among the masses, to be an individual, people like you appear in action. You guys hate them because they're popular. Of course they're different from 5-10 years ago because of just that, it's 5 to 10 years ago. Times pass, you'll be different after years pass too, nothing stays the same. They can play, maybe not as good as some, but at the least, they can play.

You hate them because girls like them? Don't even try to back yourself up :lol:

I'm sorry if it seems harsh, but people who come up to threads and posts for the sole reason of ruining it are just plain stupid.

I think Greenday would redeem theirselves if they came up with something like "Hooker with a Penis" (this is a song, so I avoided the censor) and continue the way they are doing now. But maybe it's too late for that.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

You guys do know that bands play for the cash, right? :?

What is the point of this question?

The point is that they became what the public wanted. They became popular because of that, they advertised themselves unlike some bands - because of that, as a last stand of being cool, to be unique among the masses, to be an individual, people like you appear in action. You guys hate them because they're popular. Of course they're different from 5-10 years ago because of just that, it's 5 to 10 years ago. Times pass, you'll be different after years pass too, nothing stays the same. They can play, maybe not as good as some, but at the least, they can play.

You hate them because girls like them? Don't even try to back yourself up :lol:

I'm sorry if it seems harsh, but people who come up to threads and posts for the sole reason of ruining it are just plain stupid.

I don't hate them because they are popular, please PLEASE don't put words in my mouth. I hate them because they went emo, and they were NEVER like that in the past. And the moment 90% of a band's fans are emo teenage girls, you realize they have to be doing SOMETHING wrong.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....