Fist of Guthix; Comeplete Strategy Guide

Guest Rob

Guthix.jpg

Note: I had a previously made topic about this, but it was well ovr 15 pages deep, and about a year old. Plus, I changed alot of things between the two guides. Anyways, moving On.

Introduction

Fist of guthix (Commonly known as FoG) is a PvP game, in which two players are given the roles of the hunter and the hunted. After the first round, players switch roles, as the hunter switches to the hunted, and vice versa. The hunted has to collect charges, simply by staying alive. The hunter has to stop the hunted from gathering charges, but killing him.

Table of Contents

1.Basics

2. Melee method (f2p/members)

3.Ancient Magics Method (Members)

4. Range method (F2p/Members)

5. Tips and tricks (F2p/Memebers)

6. F2p Method. (...Do I really need to)

7. General Tips and Tricks (F2p/Members)

8. Strategy Overview (F2p/Members)

9. Video (thanks to red_fat1)

Basics

map.jpg

The cyan circles are your possible entry points.

The Purple Circles are the best ruins to take shelter with.

The Blue Circles are the best rocks to hide behind.

The glowing buildings are the portal houses.

The Green circle is the center

The yellow line is where you should run if you are the hunted.

The Red line is where you should run if you are the HUNTER. Usually, you can attack them before they even can get a chance to move.

Items given

Yes thats right, at the start of the game you get phr33 st00f! You receive:

A teleorb

Bandages (5)

Your two rune types: Catalytic runes (x300) and Elemental runes (x1000). You Catalytic runes are used as mind, death, law, chaos, blood....All runes except elemental runes

Elemental Runes are fire, earth, wind and water.

items.jpg

Your most useful item is your bandages. They heal 15 each, and you get 5. Which is 75 Health total! Use them only when your opponent is chasing you. Heal when youre down about 20 hit points.

Your teleorb allows you to teleport to the center, VERY useful for escaping the hunter. Dont use if you are the hunter

Melee Method

Required:

60 attack for dragon weapons

At least 50 strength.

*Note: I strongly reccomend combining magic with melee, so when they think they're safe will their amour and prayers, you can magic them, ripping through their armour.

Note: If you have lower stats then these, you can still play, you just need to play smarter ;)

The hunter

To start, run straight across. If your oppement is there, obviously attack him. If you can, bind/snare/entange him/her, keep them away from the safety of the center. If they use their tele orb, follow them to the center, and chase them out.

If they teleport, run to the center. If they're not there, slowly begin to check the edges, returning to the center to recharge on enegry. Do not let your enegry drop below 50%.

If they're still nowhere to be found, don't give up, and they keep escaping, don't get frusturated, keep searching, and freeze them when yuou find them.

The hunted

To begin, pick up and equip the bowl. This is important, without it, you'll lose. Follow the edges (running untel you have about half enegry) east or west, 'till you get to where your hunter began (directly across the map). Then, from there, walk about halfway in between the center the edge. This spot is ideal, as you gain a decent amount of charges without tasking damage. Slowly begin inching your way to the center. If your oppement appears in-view, run the opposite direction and cut across lest or right, stay along the edges for a bit, and return to your previous spot.

Since the way the game unfolds, the above strategy may not work. Here a few things you can try:

Find out where you oppement usually hangs around. If he checks the edges for long periods of time, go to the center. If he stays in the center, rarely checking the egdes, then stay by the edges.

Use rocks and portal houses to hide behind, such as this one:

spot.jpg

Use prayer wisely. If they are ranging and freezing you often, for example, have strong range amour on while using protect from magic.

Use portal houses sparingly, or better yet, avoid them all together.

Ancient magiks + Melee Method

The Hunter

The hunter is my favourite role. I'll teach you some ways to get good at it.

1. Be wielding your ranged weapon, and ranged bonus amour with your best defender, or other strength bonus.

2. Run to your oppements starting point. If they are not there, follow around the portal houses, and keep patrolling that general area, going out a bit, not all the way to the edges, but keep the edges insight. Like the melee method, never allow your enegry to reach below 50%, and leave no area unchecked. (refer to the map in 'Basics' for a better understanding.

3. Once you find your target, use your highest ice spell. Should they mage protect, use your melee weapon. It is vital however, to keep them frozen. If they protect from one attack method, use the other (Protect from magic, use melee, vice versa)

4. If you cannot find them, they are likely moving around. If you want, stay in one spot (around the center) and wait for them to come to you, although that is risky. Keep looking around, you will find them eventually, and when you do, don't let them escape.

The hunted

To begin, pick up and equip the bowl. This is important, without it, you'll lose. Follow the edges (running untel you have about half enegry) east or west, 'till you get to where your hunter began (directly across the map). Then, from there, walk about halfway in between the center the edge. This spot is ideal, as you gain a decent amount of charges without tasking damage. Slowly begin inching your way to the center. If your oppement appears in-view, run the opposite direction and cut across lest or right, stay along the edges for a bit, and return to your previous spot.

Since the way the game unfolds, the above strategy may not work. Here a few things you can try:

Find out where you oppement usually hangs around. If he checks the edges for long periods of time, go to the center. If he stays in the center, rarely checking the egdes, then stay by the edges.

spot.jpg

Use prayer wisely. If they are ranging and freezing you often, for example, have strong range amour on while using protect from magic.

Range Method

Required

61+Range is advised, depending on how good their defense is.

43 prayer is always good, but not nessesary

The Hunter

This is identical to magic and melee methods:

To start, run straight across. If your oppement is there, obviously attack him. If you can, bind/snare/entange him/her, keep them away from the safety of the center. If they use their tele orb, follow them to the center, and chase them out.

If they teleport, run to the center. If they're not there, slowly begin to check the edges, returning to the center to recharge on enegry. Do not let your enegry drop below 50%.

If they're still nowhere to be found, don't give up, and they keep escaping, don't get frusturated, keep searching, and freeze them when yuou find them.

The Hunted

spot.jpg

F2P Method

Well, I find there are ONLY 2 successful methods: Range and Mage. Rune scimitars just dont hit enough when someone at 65+ Defence is wielding rune. However, we will be taking melee into the method.

The Hunter

First off, be wielding a bow or staff, or mages, have fire blast on auto cast. If ranging, wield a maple short bow and your arrows, thy should be at least mithril at 60 range if your opponent has decent amour (rune). Of course, switching form range to mage often during battle is the best way to hit consistentialy.

Some things never change. Check the center, middle and edges of the areana, not letting your enegry fall below 50%. When you find them, attack them and freeze them, not letting them escape. If they do escape, well, simply put, find them again.

The Hunted

spot.jpg

Tips and tricks

The best defense is to not be attacked. For gods sake, don't just try and tank in the center, Fist of Guthix is a strategy game, and tanking in the center just doesn't cut it.

Don't listen to people who call you a running noob, and see who wins in the end.

Have fun! The best way to get better to learn, and the best way to learn is to have fun.

Oh, if your oppement is meleeing you, by all means, hide behind things. Here a a few examples:

hiding2.jpg

hiding.jpg

hidings.jpg

Strategy Overview

Don't like my methods? Thats fine, then. Make your own. But here a few things you may want to incorperate into it:

Edge Hugging

By all means do this, but don't stay there if your being attacked. I prefer to get abour half way into the center

Portals

I rarely teleport with the portals, I usually go in a portal, then when they're out of view, run out. This is risky, and I don't really reccomend it, only use as a last-ditch effort.

Run+Teleorb

This is a nifty little tactic. Run from your opponent, when they're just out of view, teleport. It really throws them off.

Diversify!

Use more then one attack method. If they mage mage defense, use melee! If the have melee defense, use mage!

Attacking as the hunted

This doesn't mean to fight back against your opponent, Im saying use a seercull special! This lowers their magic level. Also, you can use an Excalibur special, raising defence by 10%. -Thanks to Dreamreaper

After you do that, if you can, use the new ancient spells on them! It makes them slow down the speed of their attacks by HALF for X number of seconds! INCREDIBLY usefull!

Familiars

While you are playing, there are familiars that can help you, including the bunyip, void spinner and familiars that heal run energy. Additionally, you may want to use your highest level combat familiar when you are the hunter, to add to any damage you inflict.

Here is a video, for those who really want to get FoG down pat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7hoaQYRKXI -Thanks to red_fat1 for that.

Well, theres my guide, I hope I helped you. So go out there, and enjoy yourself.

streak.jpg

I know a thing or two about F o G. Hiding on a spot where you only get 3 charges at a time is a horrible idea. I find it best to hide somewere you get 6 or 9 charges near a house. Soon as your target is in sight run into a house, out the other house and to the oppisite side of were you started. Doing this i was easily able to defeat all and any of my targets (even at a combat level of only 86, and that includes beating level 138's [fung108 and grandwatcher being two of them]). Once you have used up all of your bandages run to the centre, use the needed protective spell and stand there till you die. I usually got a minimum of 2k charges doing this.

Just a handy little tip.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

I know a thing or two about F o G. Hiding on a spot where you only get 3 charges at a time is a horrible idea. I find it best to hide somewere you get 6 or 9 charges near a house. Soon as your target is in sight run into a house, out the other house and to the oppisite side of were you started. Doing this i was easily able to defeat all and any of my targets (even at a combat level of only 86, and that includes beating level 138's [fung108 and grandwatcher being two of them]). Once you have used up all of your bandages run to the centre, use the needed protective spell and stand there till you die. I usually got a minimum of 2k charges doing this.

Just a handy little tip.

Good points, just to clear a few things up;

The point where I described is not on the edges, its about halfway from the center to the edges. I'm not sure how many charges are recieved, but its a hell of a lot more then 3. Your just our of view from the center, while getting a decent amount of charges. Whats better, getting 500 charges without taking damage, then getting 1000 or so tanking in the center, or just getting 1000 by tanking in the center?

About the portal houses. All four portal houses are easily watched from a certain square in the center. You lose health from using a portal, and there is a chance the portal does not work (not a glitch) and you will simply appear in the center.

It all depends on who your playing. Personally, I prefer not to take the risk of the portal houses, but it's really up to how you play that should affect your decision.

On the high population FoG worlds you cannot sit in the centre and wait to see your opponent if he uses the house portals; there is a maximum ammount of players (dots) that can be displayed on screen at once and there are more then enough players in the middle to reach this. I find the best method is to run in the opposite direction of the house your opponent used then wait a few seconds, which usually tricks the player into exiting without using the portal, and then run straight back past the house.

The south-west square of the middle symbol is the 'pile square'.

There are 2 rocks in the middle in direct alignment. These are excellent for hugging, then running behind the opposite rock, if you are tanking in the middle and being melee'd.

Hugging larger obsticals (my favorite being the long string of rocks in the northeast) is a great way to throw off your opponenet; snag him on the north side, use your teleorb, then run where ever you like.

quit

What if your opponent is hunting you, and he has 99 strength or 99 ranged and his rating is over 15k (meaning he's pretty experienced)?

Trying to hide from him is hard because if he finds you, you'll take you out within a few shots or hits... :x And he's got 99 hp, so he's hard to take down himself.

An example is my fight with Sco:

[hide=]090422145649.png

090422145656.png[/hide]

Even though you don't encounter someone like him very often, if you can beat him, you can pretty much beat 99.99% of all your other opponents. :-#

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

What if your opponent is hunting you, and he has 99 strength or 99 ranged and his rating is over 15k (meaning he's pretty experienced)?

Trying to hide from him is hard because if he finds you, you'll take you out within a few shots or hits... :x And he's got 99 hp, so he's hard to take down himself.

An example is my fight with Sco:

[hide=]090422145649.png

090422145656.png[/hide]

Even though you don't encounter someone like him very often, if you can beat him, you can pretty much beat 99.99% of all your other opponents. :-#

You said it yourself, he has a huge rating and is very experienced. In this case, stats help, but he is obviously amazing, so you have to beat his strategy. In other words, if someone has a high rating, they're going to be hard to beat, regardless of stats.

I would combie some of your sections. If the only difference is the name, then there is no point.

I find the area where you get 10 charges is best. You are out of view, and there are many things to hide behind.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Another tip i forgot to mention. For those who lack experience here is a very handy tip.

As the game starts and you are the hunter take the stone and head to any place you wish to hide. Wait for your target to apear in the mini map before you make any moves. as soona s you see him use your tele orb and teleport to the centre. once in the center run the opisite direction which you came from and head into the closest house. Once in the house tele port and then wait in the house till you see your opponent. chances are high that he is not going to stay in the center long because you wont be seen. wait till he heads out of range then step out of the house portal and head to the middle. your opponent should have fallen into your trap and be running on the edge looking for you. wait till you see him and then repeat. house > wait > middle.

This works, not 100% all of the time but it DOES work. Look at my rating if you have any doubts.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

No rating doesn't matter at all, all you need is a good strategy. I myself with only 10K ratings beat Firebirdfnx and Gota H8 Stds who apparently have 100K+ ratings. I'll post some tips when I have the time.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

No rating doesn't matter at all, all you need is a good strategy. I myself with only 10K ratings beat Firebirdfnx and Gota H8 Stds who apparently have 100K+ ratings. I'll post some tips when I have the time.

Well, if you have a high rating, chances are you have a good strategy.

• 1 month later...