Last one to post wins

ProtoGuy

Speaking of Deadpool, he got some serious buffs in UMvC3.

- His overall speed is faster.

- His specials come out faster.

- He can teleport cancel all of his ground specials.

- He knows where you live.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

you should go to http://shoryuken.com/ which is a very popular fighting game forum. You should be able to find something there

Checking it out

or get everything vs everything

You mean Mugen?

My mother got me an electric razor to trim my beard. I decided to trim my pubes too. Terrible idea. It itches like hell.

What's a good way to get into fighting games? It seems like something I'd be interested in. I don't have any experience except randomly mashing buttons at arcades and casually playing ssb.

Personally what I did was:

1. Look up the character(s) and what he/she/they can do and what their weaknesses are.

2. Memorize some easy to know combos posted on shoryuken.com or another site. Maybe watch some tutorial videos.

3. Go to training mode.

4. Practice moves that require a motion (such as the Hadouken) on one side of the screen on the dummy. After a while, switch sides with the dummy and practice the move in the other direction.

5. Develop some muscle memory by practicing some combos you have looked up online on the dummy.

6. If you think you can do the combo on a moving target, set the dummy to CPU.

7. Go through Arcade Mode a few times.

8. Find a friend and help each other with match-ups against other characters, or go on Ranked or Player matches and try your best.

These types of games require some more dedication and persistence to get good at than your average FPS.

If you're wanting to start out on traditional 2D fighters, I suggest getting Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 when it comes out November 15. The reason why is because the button system is much more simple and that attacks chain together much more easily than on Street Fighter.

But if you don't want to wait that long, you can download Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition off of XBL/PSN. 12 years of gaming history right there and, in my opinion, a bit better than Street Fighter IV.

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

What's a good way to get into fighting games? It seems like something I'd be interested in. I don't have any experience except randomly mashing buttons at arcades and casually playing ssb.

1. Look up the character(s) and what he/she/they can do and what their weaknesses are.

2. Memorize some easy to know combos posted on shoryuken.com or another site. Maybe watch some tutorial videos.

3. Go to training mode.

4. Practice moves that require a motion (such as the Hadouken) on one side of the screen on the dummy. After a while, switch sides with the dummy and practice the move in the other direction.

5. Develop some muscle memory by practicing some combos you have looked up online on the dummy.

8. Find a friend and help each other with match-ups against other characters, or go on Ranked or Player matches and try your best.

These types of games require some more dedication and persistence to get good at than your average FPS.

If you're wanting to start out on traditional 2D fighters, I suggest getting Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 when it comes out November 15. The reason why is because the button system is much more simple and that attacks chain together much more easily than on Street Fighter.

But if you don't want to wait that long, you can download Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition off of XBL/PSN. 12 years of gaming history right there and, in my opinion, a bit better than Street Fighter IV.

That's actually almost exactly what I was thinking. Well, the 1 - 8 part at least. I'll try to get an xbox before November 15th. I'm pretty excited. I've always liked watching fighter videos. I can't wait to get into them.

Is it better to start in training mode if you have more or less absolutely no experience instead of going through arcade once to kind of get a feel for the game?

3. Go to training mode.

That's actually almost exactly what I was thinking. Well, the 1 - 8 part at least. I'll try to get an xbox before November 15th. I'm pretty excited. I've always liked watching fighter videos. I can't wait to get into them.

Is it better to start in training mode if you have more or less absolutely no experience instead of going through arcade once to kind of get a feel for the game?

Training Mode. So you know what kind of moves you have and how to do them.

Also this tidbit: http://www.eventhubs...-training-room/

Even though Justin Wong is talking about Street Fighter IV in that blog post, it is possible to apply those principles to other 2D fighters.

Nifty. Reading it now.

On a slightly different note, is there a name for the type of art they use in SF? It's so purty.

Ikeno Daigo is one of Street Fighter's main artists. He drew the artwork for Street Fighter III, and he drew the "ink splatter" artwork for Street Fighter IV.

Shinkiro is a former SNK artist who drew "photo-realistic" artwork for the King of Fighters series, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and Marvel vs Capcom 3.

What's the cheapest place to get an xbox 360? The newest video game related thing I got is, uh... probably something from 2007ish. I'm so out of the loop.

Dude, me too. The console world left me behind at the original VCR sized PS2.

I'm going to milk Goon's teats