X360 Mic. troubles

justcallmedaddy

I have gone through 3 of these pieces of shit and am on my 4th one.

2 were becauseof animal bites, my bad, but the other just stopped.

So anyway, on this one, the ear piece doesn't give me sound. I can talk through it fne, but I only hearpeople's voices through my T.V.

P.S. And I'm not an idiot, I have went to the options and have turned sound to "Play through headset" and have the volume on 10.

Should I just buy a Turtlebeach?

If it just stops it's a short in the wiring, but I wouldn't recommend buying 3rd party hardware. If you do, DO NOT buy a new one from Gamestop.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Is it a wireless one? I've heard of them getting messed up from other things interfering with it's frequency or something.

I've also heard the wireless ones just plain suck.

If it's wired, then there's nothing you can do except exchange it. If you do end up doing that, try to get one with the volume controls on the wire and not on the connector.

EDIT: It could also be a problem with your controller. Have you tried other ones?

Really? You guys have been through three of them? I've had mine for about a year and a half, first one I bought, it's been stepped on, chewed on, twisted, the foam parts are missing from both earpiece and mouthpiece, a wire may or may not be exposed on the earpiece, but the thing works like a charm still. Guess I just got lucky.

Wired, by the way. And now I'm done gloating.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Really? You guys have been through three of them? I've had mine for about a year and a half, first one I bought, it's been stepped on, chewed on, twisted, the foam parts are missing from both earpiece and mouthpiece, a wire may or may not be exposed on the earpiece, but the thing works like a charm still. Guess I just got lucky.

I'd say you have a right to gloat considering Jesus has reincarnated himself in your mic.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I'd say you have a right to gloat considering Jesus has reincarnated himself in your mic.

:lol: Genius, I would sig that if I could be bothered!

And I've never had a problem with my mic, although I've only had it for like a year and it hasn't been through any of that crap.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113