Knives vs darts vs bolts?

shade_bandyt

I'm planning to raise my ranged skill. Its my primary method for doing my slayer tasks for the next few months probably. And I have like 500 mith bars in my bank and I can make my own ammo.

I made bolts before and I still have about 3k of them. But bolts are so stinking slow. Both knives and bolts are the same speed and like 3-4 shots for one bolt fired. I can't possibly see how bolts could possibly have a faster overall damage rate than knives or darts. Since I'm making my own ammo, I'm thinking darts are my best bet, considering that I can make 10 per bar. But knives are slightly more accurate and higher damage, but not enough to justify half the quantity I would end up with.

Even though I'm still leaning towards darts, I just want some opinions from experienced rangers. Remember, I'm not making them to sell, and I already have all the materials, so cost and profit isn't an issue.

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

Steel darts are 9GP cheaper, but have the same ranged bonus and ranged str as iron knives.

However, darts and knives aren't THAT much faster than bolts as you described. It's 1.5-2x faster, but the accuracy is much higher as is the damage. It's almost like comparing a dragon dagger (not spec) with a GS.

Remember I'm not buying anything. Broad bolts and buying stuff isn't even part of the question. I'm making my own ranged ammo out of my own mith bars. I just wanted some advice before I start hammerng them out

I think I'll make 1k darts and 1k knives and see which one I like using better. I already have over 3k bolts and I don't like them because the crossbow is just too slow. But if I hate knives and darts more then I'll definitely go back to bolts. At least I'll know from first hand experience

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

knives or darts are okay for monsters like yaks that have little to no defense

for slayer you are going to be fighting monsters that have fairly good defense so you need to stick with the rune cbow and broad bolts.

If your sticking to mithril knives are probably your best bet, the bolts are just too weak.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Remember I'm not buying anything. Broad bolts and buying stuff isn't even part of the question. I'm making my own ranged ammo out of my own mith bars. I just wanted some advice before I start hammerng them out

I think I'll make 1k darts and 1k knives and see which one I like using better. I already have over 3k bolts and I don't like them because the crossbow is just too slow. But if I hate knives and darts more then I'll definitely go back to bolts. At least I'll know from first hand experience

Opportunity Cost, my friend.

um, do you have 55 slayer yet? because if you do just use broad bolts and sell your mith bars. i would use bolts, knifes arnt accurate enough for monsters with high defence in my opinion. also, i hope you have full void because without it you will find it ALOT harder to train ;)

GESig.gif

I have full void, and 60 slayer. I also have 77 smithing. My smithing is that high because I take every opportunity I can to train it. I don't ever sell bars. I used to trade steel bars for cash and ores to make more bars. I also gather almost all my raw materials myself because I like training all my skills (well most). Its my way of playing.

I'm not going to buy any ammo, I'm going to smith these bars, and I'm going to make them into ranged ammo since I'm focused on slayer right now and I like using ranged to do my tasks. I'll test out all 3 options myself and see which one I like best.

I'm planning to raise my ranged skill. Its my primary method for doing my slayer tasks for the next few months probably. And I have like 500 mith bars in my bank and I can make my own ammo.

I made bolts before and I still have about 3k of them. But bolts are so stinking slow. Both knives and bolts are the same speed and like 3-4 shots for one bolt fired. I can't possibly see how bolts could possibly have a faster overall damage rate than knives or darts. Since I'm making my own ammo, I'm thinking darts are my best bet, considering that I can make 10 per bar. But knives are slightly more accurate and higher damage, but not enough to justify half the quantity I would end up with.

Even though I'm still leaning towards darts, I just want some opinions from experienced rangers. Remember, I'm not making them to sell, and I already have all the materials, so cost and profit isn't an issue.

Bolts are slow but that also means you won't loose them fast. But in exchange for their slow speed you are quite accurate and hit high.

Darts and Knifes hits fast and small amount and is not more accurate than bolts, and this also means you will loose them fast.

So overall bolts are best, but i would have used Broad bolts (55 slayer needed to use) as they are cheap to buy and as good as a adamant bolt just less accuracy.

Why bolts? Most Slayer monsters have big defence, so darts/knifes wouldn't be that great option, but for low defense ones like Greater demons/Dust devils/Bloodvelds it might be smart to use darts/knifes.

Bolts are slow but that also means you won't loose them fast. But in exchange for their slow speed you are quite accurate and hit high.

Darts and Knifes hits fast and small amount and is not more accurate than bolts, and this also means you will loose them fast.

So overall bolts are best, but i would have used Broad bolts (55 slayer needed to use) as they are cheap to buy and as good as a adamant bolt just less accuracy.

Why bolts? Most Slayer monsters have big defence, so darts/knifes wouldn't be that great option, but for low defense ones like Greater demons/Dust devils/Bloodvelds it might be smart to use darts/knifes.

Yeah, I never thought about that.

modmarkg.jpg

Ufosssssssss.png