Tree Farming

Numberkills

How often do Maple tress die without payment?

Because orange baskets are a hassle to get a hold of, so I'm thinking about supercompost + no payment.

Thank you.

206mwr6.jpg

99 Fletching || 288/309 Quest Points || 99 Cooking ||

122 Combat || 99 Defence || 2000+ Total ||

16/25 80+'s || 99 Firemaking || 99 Woodcutting ||

2011 Goals : All skills 80+ | 99 Magic | 99 Farming | 99 Thieving | 99 Hunter | 99 Range

"The Unexamined Life is not worth living" - Socrates

i used to have 1 tree dead in 2 rounds, but since it depends on ur farming lvl i dont know for you. i recommend to plant some orange trees along with the maples, that way u can fill a couple of baskets and make sure no trees die. also u get some free xp... oranges can be bought in the grand tree for 70ea, so if you buy a couple of baskets in the farming shop and get ur oranges over there, paying the farmer will be no hassle at all

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

i used to have 1 tree dead in 2 rounds, but since it depends on ur farming lvl i dont know for you. l

It doesn't.

About 1/8-1/10 trees die, so it's worth paying for them if you can buy the payment. If it's unbuyable, just supercompost.

2dvjurb.png

Ok, thanks everybody.

Looks like I'll put a order in / buy em from the Grand Tree.

I appreciate all the help.

206mwr6.jpg

99 Fletching || 288/309 Quest Points || 99 Cooking ||

122 Combat || 99 Defence || 2000+ Total ||

16/25 80+'s || 99 Firemaking || 99 Woodcutting ||

2011 Goals : All skills 80+ | 99 Magic | 99 Farming | 99 Thieving | 99 Hunter | 99 Range

"The Unexamined Life is not worth living" - Socrates

baskets at ge almost never sell. i suggest buying oranges at gnome stronghold (in the place were you play the minigame gnome delivery) there is a bar were you can buy up to 20 i think. just go to a busy world like to and start buying there, why would you want your tree to die if u can save it?

chonchoso.png

Quest Cape achieved on 27/4/09but nomad is preventing me to get it back...

New-wave tried to destroy the metal, but the metal had its way

Grunge then tried to dethrone the metal, but metal was in the way

Punk-rock tried to destroy the metal, but metal was much too strong

Techno tried to defile the metal, but techno was proven wrong

Yea!Metal!

It comes from hell!

I thought it was 1/7?

But it's around there. Obviously, use a Super compost.

The death rate for anything using supercompost is 1/8, regardless of your farming level.

Really? So does this apply to all plants?

Yup, it seems to be around that. My herbs die about 1/10 times, but 2/10 herbs can't die because they're planted at trollheim.

2dvjurb.png

I thought it was 1/7?

The death rate for anything using supercompost is 1/8, regardless of your farming level.

Yup, it seems to be around that. My herbs die about 1/10 times, but 2/10 herbs can't die because they're planted at trollheim.

Then I'd imagine that it's different. If 1/10 of your herbs die (excluding the special herb patch, because nothing dies there) and 1/7 trees die, I'm pretty sure Jagex uses a different death rate for each plant...

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I thought it was 1/7?

Then I'd imagine that it's different. If 1/10 of your herbs die (excluding the special herb patch, because nothing dies there) and 1/7 trees die, I'm pretty sure Jagex uses a different death rate for each plant...

Well, 10 deaths for every 80 (100 but 20 can't die) herbs planted is a 1/8 death rate, and trees seem to die about as often too. I wouldn't put it beyond Jagex to give each plant a different death rate though. Researching it would require quite a lot of farming :P

2dvjurb.png