Training Strength

Deltaer

Where are the best places to train strength, specifically afk'ing? (and XP per hour if you have any idea?) Any good non-afk'ing spots are welcome too!

And just a note, I've been gone for 4 years, so please don't use abbreviations, cause if it's an update made in the last 4 years, I won't know where and what it is. Think of me as a first-time member.

My melee stats are:

88 attack, 88 strength, 85 defence, 88 hp

List away! Thanks!

Edit: oh and please state whether it's afk'able or not.. any suggestions are welcome :)

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Armoured Zombies from Defender of Varrock Quest.

Do I have to finish the quest?

I have 1 hunter... and it requires lvl 51. And I really have no intention of training hunter in the near future lol.

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

Bandits = Total Afk, I get 60k exp an hr

Azs = 2-3min afk ( because of recharging prayer)..With pray I can get 80-85k exp per hr..WITHOUT pray I can get 70-75k exp per hr.

Wear D scimmi or ss

I dont know what Azs or SS is as per my opening post (no abbreviations!! lol)...

I have trained at bandits years back.. didnt realize it was 60k per hour.. that's sounding more appealing now.

Armoured zombies = az

Saradomin sword = ss

You have to keep buying food from general store and use guthans for that method. Why not train through slayer?

Oh thanks. What I really care about is strength.. doing slayer requires getting new tasks, moving around a lot, etc. Not the best way to maximize my strength xp potential.

Someone remind me.. your character does not lose hp in the Bandit camp right (cause of thirst)?

And there's an altar by the Azs I'm assuming? 75k per hour w/o prayer, probably less for me though as I'm a bit lower lvl, sounds pretty good too..

Armoured zombies = az

Saradomin sword = ss

You have to keep buying food from general store and use guthans for that method. Why not train through slayer?

Oh thanks. What I really care about is strength.. doing slayer requires getting new tasks, moving around a lot, etc. Not the best way to maximize my strength xp potential.

Someone remind me.. your character does not lose hp in the Bandit camp right (cause of thirst)?

And there's an altar by the Azs I'm assuming? 75k per hour w/o prayer, probably less for me though as I'm a bit lower lvl, sounds pretty good too..

No. you wont lose hp cuz of thirst. You will only lose Hp if bandits hit you. If you have 68 summon bunyip is really REALLY good. If not, just bring money/noted food. Super sets also helps exp/hr.

king_n981.png

king_n981.png

I think to get to armored zombies you are going to need the hunter requirement for the quest, one of the parts you need involves a tracking activity which is probably what uses the hunter.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Thanks for the tips dead.

I think to get to armored zombies you are going to need the hunter requirement for the quest, one of the parts you need involves a tracking activity which is probably what uses the hunter.

Can someone confirm this? I just got started on summoning and farming.. went from lvl 1 --> 30 in summoning in about 6 hours... and 1 --> 30 for farming in a few days.. I really don't feel like starting another one of the new skills.. lol

If you've done the ape atoll quest, and have the ape atoll teleport (not necessary, but helps alot to get there), you could kill zombie monkies in the basement of the altar. It may cost you like 50k per hour in pray pots, but the exp is above 70k/hour for sure, and you just need to check back to pot back up every few mins. viewtopic.php?f=113&t=751956 is an excellent guide by muggiwhplar. Whenever I fell lazy I used to just come here and go afk for around 3 mins at a time, coming back for just a couple of seconds usually. I feel bandits are too slow, and that armoured zombies need more attention.

Weirdoweirdo.png

1st fire cape May 14, 2009 finally =D.

2nd fire cape June 16, 2009 =P.

Okay so I just did a run @ bandits.

Pros: they eat up very little food

Cons: only 43k xp per hour for the first hour

Any other ideas? I mean, it's nice to be able to afk and all, but I would much rather not afk and get upwards to 60k per hour or whatever...

Armoured zombies would be worth training for. The hunter requirement is pretty easy to get...it's a fairly fast skill to train. And the experience you get is just so much faster than bandits, plus it's good profit.

Armoured zombies would be worth training for. The hunter requirement is pretty easy to get...it's a fairly fast skill to train. And the experience you get is just so much faster than bandits, plus it's good profit.

It's very good profit and you also get charms.