King Black Dragon Solo Guides?

Ixindor

Hi, been looking on Tipit for some KBD Solo Guides and I can't seem to be able to locate any since the change to the AoW. My search function isn't working right either atm. Can anyone please post some KBD Guides here? I don't care if it comes from Tipit or any other site.

Thanks

I considered making a video guide of the KBD but haven't done it due to the fact that it's so easy to kill.

Here's tip.its guide: http://tip.it/runescape/?page=King_Blac ... tm#soloing

Honestly, all you need is a anti-dragon/dragonfire shield and a antifire potion and your ready to go. You will reduce his max hit to like 7 damage with that combo.

Don't forget antipoison.

I recommend waiting till you get a black dragon slayer task though. It makes killing KBD much faster.

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

Here ya go it wasn't tough to find:

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=744324&p

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Heres a super quick idea of what to do since you have a lava titan.

Slayer Helm

Prossy top/legs

Anti-fire shield/DFS

Fury

D boots

ETC ETC.

Bring a super set, antifire pot, super antipoison. Pineapple Pizzas, A super restore or pray pot, house teletabs. Pray piety, pro melee. When you run out of food, use a house teletab, restore prayer at your altar use glory in next room to tele to edge. bank and go again, using lava titan to tele you there

A few other set ups include using bandos armor, or verac and praying mage instead. Then you can use a godsword or rune defender instead. But I dont think it really matters which method you use. Maybe a leaf-bladed sword or zammy spear could work.

Go to a world with full population thats not lootshare. You will get the fastest spawns that way. You should be able to get say 30-40 kills an hour id say. I havent slayed KBD in ages though, this is all off memory

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Didn't they change it so mage pro doesn't help with fire? I may be wrong but I remember reading that somewhere I think :oops:

Stdueis sohw taht as lnog as the fisrt and the lsat letetr of wrods are croerct you wlil hvae no porbelm readninig a sentence. This is bceuase yuor mind deons't acatully read all the letetrs, but a word as a wohle.

claerion101.png

Thanks guys. I have no clue why my search function isn't working right. I've recently got the level for Lava Titans and Black Dragons as my Slayer Task. I've done a few attempts already trying to see what I can figure out on my own. I'm trying to figure out a way to max my kills before I have to bank. Ironically, I can get 7 Mithril Dragon Kills before banking...this is using a Terror Bird for extra Food. I was wondering if there is a way to maximize kills before banking with a Titan.

So far, my best attempt has been 4 Kills.

Equipment:

Slayer Helm

Black Dhide Body

Karils Bottom

Fury

D Boots

Whip

Antifire Shield

Barrows Gloves

Mage Ring

Obby Cape

Inventory:

1 Super Set (4)

1 Antifire (4)

1 Super Antipoison (4)

1 Prayer Pot (4)

DDS

Teletab

20 Sharks

its not about maximizing kills at kbd with a lava titan so much as it is doing the kills as fast as possible. Because banking, restoring prayer, healing to full hp, and teleing back to kbd takes about a minute at best

Factor in that he respawns in about 30 seconds or so, your only losing 30 seconds per bank.

This means you want your kills to be fast and efficient. Pineapple pizzas are cheaper then sharks, and when he freezes you, you can eat to full without losing combat turns basically anyways. usually eat between kills.

For most efficient kills you want pray armor and be just laying down that piety non stop along with pro melee or mage.

This means if your getting 1 minute kills with a fast set up (random time) and 90 second kills with another slower set up, but 4 more kills per trip (with slower set up), your adding 2 minutes per 4 kills, losing 90 seconds (another whole kill) this is factoring in the bank time as well.

so you will be getting 20% more kills per hour, but banking more. Make sense? :P

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Gotcha. That makes a lot more sense. I noticed that Banking and getting back took almost no time at all. After looking at the Solo portion of the recommended guide. I realized that my setup isn't too far off from the guide anyway. Guess this is going to be the best I'm going to get for the time being.

I have one more question, this is about Visage Drops. The reason I went from regular Black Dragons to the KBD, is because I would assume the KBD would have a higher Drop Rate for the Visage than a normal Black Dragon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the normal Black Dragons the lowest on the totem pole for Visage Drop Rates?

I'm thinking it goes like this:

Black Dragon

Iron Dragon

Steel Dragon (Blacklisted - takes too long to get to and hard to kill)

King Black Dragon

Mithril Dragon

Is this correct? I get these a lot for Slayer, except Steels.

Drop rates are random for every dragon, estimated rate is 1 in 20,000 kills.

Each dragon has the same/very similar drop rate.

There was an explanation of drop rates in the AOW that i can't seem to find :k

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

1/20000 is dragon chain drop rate from dusties

Estimated drop rates range from 2-5000 for visages i believe. No ones entirely sure because they are so very rare

And I personnaly believe skeletal wyverns have highest drop rate of visages, based off all my friends getting theirs from wyverns. and one friend getting 2 visages in 1 task there. Though they are of course very rare

KBD is good for crimson charms, and decent drops like yew logs and stuff. So hes not bad to kill for slayer, unlike killing say regular blacks or irons/steels

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

I completely forgot about Skeletal Wyverns. I haven't gotten them as a Slayer Task in ages. According the the Skill Guide here, Duradel can assign them. Guess he just doesn't like me all that much. Oh well.

The reason for all of these questions is because I'm trying to just do Slayer, but optimize my chances of getting a Visage. Guess I should take Steels off my Blacklist, but I can't stand the fact that A) there isn't alot of them in the game, B) they are so far away and C) I can only get a few kills before I have to Bank.

But thanks for all of your help. I guess I have all the answers I need for the time being. If you find that guide on the Drop Rate, that would be great, but if not...oh well. You've all been very helpful.

I completely forgot about Skeletal Wyverns. I haven't gotten them as a Slayer Task in ages. According the the Skill Guide here, Duradel can assign them. Guess he just doesn't like me all that much. Oh well.

The reason for all of these questions is because I'm trying to just do Slayer, but optimize my chances of getting a Visage. Guess I should take Steels off my Blacklist, but I can't stand the fact that A) there isn't alot of them in the game, B) they are so far away and C) I can only get a few kills before I have to Bank.

But thanks for all of your help. I guess I have all the answers I need for the time being. If you find that guide on the Drop Rate, that would be great, but if not...oh well. You've all been very helpful.

This is the guide on drop rates. It basically explains that the drop rate is your chance of getting the drop each time you get a kill, and does not mean you should get the drop every x kills.

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png