Warrior ring (I) VS Row

Dire_Wolf

I need some opinions on which ring would be best. Row or Warrior ring (I). I want to use Warrior ring (I), because quite frankly i don't think Row helps that much and i got a feeling it is the reason i got such bad drops from bosses and such..

Thank you

EDIT:

No Onyx ring (I), or other rings please. Stick to what i mentioned :thumbup:

I always use ROW (Please see sig -.-') but if you don't believe in it... Then go for Warrior's (l)

Visage drop is not caused by Row, that is stated in Knowledge base somewhere i think. And you can get Dragon plateskirt and legs even without Row, just because you wore Row does not mean it gave you that drop. You still have chance of Dragon items without it.

Barrow items is not affected by Row. However i think like this:

Items such as:

Rune platelegs, platebody, 2h sword, battlaxe, Dragon boots, Shards (GWD), Spirit shield etc is affected by Row

But items like:

Visage, Dragon med, Dragon spear, Abyssal whip, Holy elixir is not.

I always use ROW (Please see sig -.-') but if you don't believe in it... Then go for Warrior's (l)

Visage drop is not caused by Row, that is stated in Knowledge base somewhere i think. And you can get Dragon plateskirt and legs even without Row, just because you wore Row does not mean it gave you that drop. You still have chance of Dragon items without it.

Items such as:

Rune platelegs, platebody, 2h sword, battlaxe, Dragon boots, Shards (GWD), Spirit shield etc is affected by Row

But items like:

you don't get how RoW works.

Jagex stated this:

You have 2 wheels, one that decides what kind of drop it is (gems, herbs, money, rare etc.) and one that decides which item of one of them will be it. The RoW helps getting you a rare drop from the last wheel, not from the first wheel. So the chance to get a rare is the same without RoW but you have a higher chance to get something better from the rare items

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Items such as:

But items like:

you don't get how RoW works.

Jagex stated this:

You have 2 wheels, one that decides what kind of drop it is (gems, herbs, money, rare etc.) and one that decides which item of one of them will be it. The RoW helps getting you a rare drop from the last wheel, not from the first wheel. So the chance to get a rare is the same without RoW but you have a higher chance to get something better from the rare items

Actually i knew that. But DO you know 100% what's rare and what's not?

Some rare would be Dragon boots, Godsword shards, Rune kite/halberd/longsword (Spiritual warriors), Rune boots (Nechryals)...

How do i know that? Experience...

But you can't tell what what other items are rare or not. It's really confusing.

GWD hilts, Dragon claw, Spirit shield sigils are VERY rare...so how can you tell that Row works on those?

It is stated it only works on Rare items (Items that monster seldom drops), not VERY rare items..

EDIT

I have killed over 303 recorded Solo Bandos kills and i got 3 Shards and 2 Bandos boots. I also got 1 more shard non recorded.

All those time i used ROW. Shards seem to be dropping alot with Row in my personal experience, and that tells me that Shards are considered "Rare".

But if Shards are rare, and not the best rare...why did i not get a Bandos hilt or a Bandos tasset or a Bandos chesplate?

Row does not work that greatly. I use it alot at many slayer tasks, but some it just don't work at all.

So what's point using for example a Row, if it does not help you getting a Abyssal whip at Abyssal demons? Because to me it seems Row is not a big factor to Whip drops.

I thought RoW would definately affect the Visage drop rate...however slightly....

I didn't see any mention of the activities you were doing with each ring.

If you were for instance, doing somekind of mini game, go for the warrior, becuase theres obviously no drops. Otherwise I'd stick with the RoW for that chance, however small, of making more money.

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

Well, to answer a question above, its hard to determine whats rare and whats not. Just because something is expencive it does not mean it is rare. Cheap items can be rares too (dragonstone for example). as for the question about Warrior vs. Wealth, i would stick with a rOW. I have found my drops to be a bit better whilst wearing one. It may just be dumb luck, but i'm pretty sure that the ROW did have some affect on it.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

If you were for instance, doing somekind of mini game, go for the warrior, becuase theres obviously no drops.

That's common sense but thanks.

Well, to answer a question above, its hard to determine whats rare and whats not. Just because something is expencive it does not mean it is rare. Cheap items can be rares too (dragonstone for example). as for the question about Warrior vs. Wealth, i would stick with a rOW. I have found my drops to be a bit better whilst wearing one. It may just be dumb luck, but i'm pretty sure that the ROW did have some affect on it.

True, you can't say just because a item is expensive what's rare. But then what criteria decides what rare you get out of the rares?

Personally i will still keep on using Row at Spiritual mages/warriors, Nechryals etc..

But for Abyssal demon/Dark beasts/Metal dragons i am gonna use a Warrior ring (I):

+8 Slash attack and defence - Better penetration and defending.

How much more xp/hr will you (expect to) achieve by using a warrior(i) than a ROW?

Does the spot you are training at have any worthwhile drops anyways?

It's not about EXP. The Warrior ring (I), just provides even better penetrating bonus that can help alot at Metal dragons, Abyssal demons, Dark beasts etc...

You can never have to much penetrating force at high defence monsters.

If you were for instance, doing somekind of mini game, go for the warrior, becuase theres obviously no drops.

That's common sense but thanks.

True, you can't say just because a item is expensive what's rare. But then what criteria decides what rare you get out of the rares?

Personally i will still keep on using Row at Spiritual mages/warriors, Nechryals etc..

But for Abyssal demon/Dark beasts/Metal dragons i am gonna use a Warrior ring (I):

+8 Slash attack and defence - Better penetration and defending.

I guess it's mainly preference. The Extra bonuses from the warrior won't affect you a whole lot, and neither will the RoW... But as a i said, personally I'd take the RoW for the greater chance of getting a Whip, Dbow or Visage

I guess it's mainly preference. The Extra bonuses from the warrior won't affect you a whole lot, and neither will the RoW... But as a i said, personally I'd take the RoW for the greater chance of getting a Whip, Dbow or Visage

According to Runescape wiki (Quote):

As such, it is believed, and has been confirmed by Jagex, that the visage is NOT affected by the Ring of wealth.

I tried to find source of that (Not because of wiki quote) but i did not find it. However my personal experience points out that what Runescape wiki states might be true.

As for Abyssal whips and D bow, i doubt Row matters in getting those. Maybe slightly, but nothing have pointed in that direction to me, not statistics by others or my own personal experience.

EDIT:

Quotes from Runescape offical forum that i found on Sal realm forum:

Here is a list of what a Ring Of Wealth doesn't and does do.

* The Ring of wealth does not increase the chance of getting a clue scroll from any monster (this has been confirmed multiple times), and it does not increase the chance of getting a more valuable item at the end of the Treasure Trail or from the Barrows minigame.

* Contrary to popular belief, the Ring of Wealth does NOT affect drops while LootShare is on. The chances of getting a drop increases every time someone else in a clan gets a drop.

* It DOES NOT increase the drop rate of a Draconic visage.

* Ring of wealth DOES NOT increase your PvP drop.

* Also, the Ring of wealth has been rumoured to actually lower the chances of getting a clue scroll. This is not true.

* It is also rumoured that the ring is glitched and it gives you worse drops. Therefore, these days in runescape people will sell it to you for round 10k.

* Players say that the Ring of wealth decreases your chance of getting a Defender from the Warriors' Guild. This is not true - it doesn't affect the chance of getting the drop at all.

I figured I can help you out with this one, we asked this on the maxed out forums too; this is what Mod Mark replied:

"Ring of wealth.

This effects like likelihood of getting specific objects. It does not make every drop in the game more generous. We are currently redesigning the way the ring of wealth works. We are aware we need to continue to update its effects and be more open about its uses. We did make some improvements when we released the jewelery update (when we introduced the bracelets to the game) which effected its general use, and we need to do so again. I cant list the objects here.

Heres what the postbag said a few years ago. The "second wheel" contains the rare objects.

1) If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun should** thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

My analogy is flawed, for death is not like roulette, but I hope that thou see the truth within this."

And

"Ring of Wealth. Sorry, I really cant produce the list. But no, its doesn't effect the rate of things like big trophy fish or heads. Think more along the lines of standard "rare" drops rather than specific drops for specific creatures."

So, it increases the chance of getting a common rare drop when you are going to get a rare drop.

Quick question:

At what point does one have to have the RoW on to actually increase their chances of a better drop? Does one necessarily have to have it on at the very start of the fight? Perhaps it activates as long has you have had it on during the fight. That would mean you would simply have to engage in combat and swap rings.

Granted this would take up an extra inventory space, but it's just a thought I'd like to throw out there.