Would RuneTips like to host my Rune Ore Respawn Timer?

http://atroxide.com/runetimer/

Its a simple web application built in PHP, and Javascript.

The purpose of the application is to easily and quickly add to-the-second accurate timers so a rune-ore miner knows when it will re-spawn and can get back to it before another miner can.

When a user inputs a world number the PHP script parses the world's population and uses the formula (which is stored in a database) to figure out specifically how much time is left, and adds that time to a database table.

When a user loads the page, it loads all timers that are from the IP address and fetches the times when they re spawn. A javascript function then parses that time and puts it into a timer.

When the ore respawns, the user has the ability to click a "re-mine" button which will restart the timer. Or they could just delete it and add another one.

There is no limit to how many timers some one can have, since all the database has to hold is a simple unix timestamp.

Currently it is secured from any sort of attack, I haven't quite made error messages so you do get php errors if you try and enter a world that doesn't exist or try and exploit anything, but I could quickly add them.

I am wondering if RuneTips could start hosting it so the target audience gets bigger. Any admin can feel free to PM me if you would like the source and/or want to talk to me.

sig.jpg

No need to bump your posts. People do read it and if you don't get a response, it might be because they're not interested and bumping is...well, not something many people appreciate.

...that said, I'd recommend PMing a crew member with any suggestion like this, so they can take a better look at your work. Most of the crew is friendly and helpful and can handle suggested additions like this. I'm not saying not to post here, too...but if you're looking for a response, that would be better than bumping.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

No need to bump your posts. People do read it and if you don't get a response, it might be because they're not interested and bumping is...well, not something many people appreciate.

...that said, I'd recommend PMing a crew member with any suggestion like this, so they can take a better look at your work. Most of the crew is friendly and helpful and can handle suggested additions like this. I'm not saying not to post here, too...but if you're looking for a response, that would be better than bumping.

I would PM a crew member but I am not certain which one is best to PM, or which 1 actually has the ability to make decisions, by making a topic in a forum about the website, I am most likely to get a better response.

sig.jpg

I would PM a crew member but I am not certain which one is best to PM, or which 1 actually has the ability to make decisions, by making a topic in a forum about the website, I am most likely to get a better response.

Right...but did you read my post? Posting here is good, but bumping...PM any of the crew. It doesn't matter.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

several crewbies have read post, just not the ones who need to see it, heh.

We will try to get someone to look at it, but keep in mind that it is summertime so people are on vacation.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

I started working on RuneTimer V2 this week end.

The current version just refreshes the page every time you add a timer or every time you re-mine or delete a timer, so I decided to learn AJAX so not a single page reload is needed.

I decided to recode the whole application so it uses jQuery javascript framework.

I have successfully added the ability to add, update, and delete timers without page refreshes, I just need to rewrite the timer JS class (used to show the countdown) the current one was horribly written and was my first JS code pretty much, and also I need to make it reorder the timers every time you remine, or add a new one (currently they always appear at bottom of list instead at the right time place).

I should finish tomorrow.

sig.jpg

• 2 months later...

This is a great tool, it's accurate, and easy to use.

I say, yes, this should be hosted. :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention