Syncing My iPod To My New Laptop iTunes Library

sibmaster

Basically, just what the title says.

I bought a new laptop recently as my old computer was jujst awful, i downloaded iTunes to this computer, and ive managed to get my account onto this laptop, but, the only syncing option it gives me is to wipe my iPod and sync to my current iTunes library, which consists of my purchases.

Should i delete my purchases and then try syncing it again ?

Or is there another way to doing this ?

I found a guide that sounds similar on what i want to do on the apple site, but i'm just wondering whether it is what i want to do lol.

Any help is appreciated. ::' Thanks.

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

Your trying to get songs off your ipod onto your new computer? How I did it, is I just copied all my songs off of my old computer onto a dvd, and put it in my new computer. There are also programs you can find through Google, but most of them will only do like 500 songs as a trial, then you have to buy it, but you can just do a bunch of trials ::'

2s0cxth.png

Your trying to get songs off your ipod onto your new computer? How I did it, is I just copied all my songs off of my old computer onto a dvd, and put it in my new computer. There are also programs you can find through Google, but most of them will only do like 500 songs as a trial, then you have to buy it, but you can just do a bunch of trials ::'

thanks, i might try this at the weekend. ::'

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

There should be an option to transfer purchases from your iPod. I believe it's hidden under the iPod icon on iTunes (right-click it). If not, you can always do a direct transfer and move all of your songs from one computer to the next.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

There should be an option to transfer purchases from your iPod. I believe it's hidden under the iPod icon on iTunes (right-click it). If not, you can always do a direct transfer and move all of your songs from one computer to the next.

i already have transfered purchases, but i havent got songs that people had sent me on my old computer and that i got off a cd that i dont have anymore ect.

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

I see. In that case, you can directly transfer transfer your iTunes folder from your old computer or you can use Pod to PC which will allow you to transfer all of your songs, even those not purchased using iTunes, over to your new computer.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

The other method you could try would be this (which I got from here which should work with your iPod):

Note: "Computer 1" represents your usual computer, "Computer 2" represents the new computer you would like to sync your iPhone to.

On "Computer 2", backup "iTunes Music Library.xml" and "iTunes Music Library" (Tunes Music Library on Windows) safely.

Download a Hex editor.

1. On Computer 1, open "iTunes Music Library.xml" with Notepad and search (Ctrl+F) for "Library Persistent ID"

2. Following "Library Persistent ID", copy the code between and

6a00e55225079e88340115709f97f2970b-800wi

In this example it is "8B6C633F7DACB74B".

3. On computer 2, find that same code, and replace it with the code from computer 1.

4. Open "iTunes Music Library" (iTunes Library.itl on Windows) using your Hex Editor on computer 2.

5. In the Hex Editor, go to Edit > Replace.

6. In "Find", insert code from computer 2. In "Replace With", insert code from computer 1. There should be one match.

6a00e55225079e88340115709f995c970b-800wi

7. Save this file. Close it.

8. Start iTunes on computer 2, and plug in your iPhone.

9. Select "Manually manage music and videos"

10. You will no longer be alerted to erase your data.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

• 3 weeks later...

i ever had this problem last year when i bought a new laptop and wanna sync my iPod to the newly installed iTunes on my new laptop. my solution is using a third-party program-Aniosoft iBackup to make it. Aniosoft ibackup, It enables you to transfer iPod's music and other content to any storage device and iTunes as well. And both the backup in the storage device can be recovered and restored with no any change and no any risk.And the data in the iTunes is quite in accord with the iPod's data including its playlists,rating and etc.

I see. In that case, you can directly transfer transfer your iTunes folder from your old computer or you can use Pod to PC which will allow you to transfer all of your songs, even those not purchased using iTunes, over to your new computer.

Do this.

Don't bother with HEX Editors and so on, no need at all, it'll overcomplicating things.

Get the music off your iPod onto your Computer. Drag into iTunes, sync with iPod.

Here's what to do. Go to [my computer] open your ipod like its a flash drive. Use the search button to search your ipod for all files (make sure you click 'search hidden folders') then copy all the contents of your ipod to your hard drive. Wipe your ipod, then reload into itunes. (make sure all your songs transfer before you wipe). all your files are actually accessible from your ipod like any MP3 player, they are just in hidden folders.

EDIT: the file names wil be something like HGYT or BSRC, not the song name. dont worry, when you put them into itunes, i gets all the track info from the internet (you may have to manually fix 1 or 2)