Are YOU a fanboy?

Demoli

Sonic Heroes demonstrated a 3D game well, and also relates to the originals somewhat. It's just kind of linear, but isn't nearly ALL the 2D Sonics like that? Also the team gimmick is basically a better version of Sonic Advance 3's team system, because it is more useful in 3D.

However, if they REALLY were to make more 3D Sonic games, they should make racing games. In fact they are currently making "Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing", I hope it turns out to be better than Mario Kart and F-Zero. :)

But there it is, when you compare games like sonic heroes (wich is a decent game) to the other games of the genre (sunshime at the time) it clearly lacks. The speed isnt enough like the genesis era and when they try to place a gimmick they just make it worse (yes, i though team based levels was decent, but werehogs and black knights no)

Also, about the Racing, i wouldnt get my hopes up, looks like a rip off super mario kart with finishers/specials, and f-zero is not a party game, its a real racing game, cant be compared to Mario Kart/Sega racing.

I've never played SMS, and I've never played SU and SatBK, so I can't say anything about that one. :wall:

At least team play was a nice gimmick, hope they can make a better version of it in future games. I'm surprised you didn't put guns on that list, that was probably the worst gimmick in the entire series. (Who needs guns when you have the powers of Sonic? Seriously. -.- )

About the racing, it probably might be just like Mario Kart, who knows? It might be better or worse, we don't know at the moment. It probably might not even include items. I put F-Zero there, because it is also a racing game (this assumes I'm only talking about the single player).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=sonic cycle]154862z8qlw1.jpg[/hide]

This is exactly why Sonic's community is the worst. :wall:

People never learn to have an opinion, they just get disappointed at games.

It's not the fact that people don't have an opinion, it is the plain and simple fact that Sonic The Hedgehog (360) was a giant piece of [cabbage]. Sonic Unleashed is just a plain piece of [cabbage]. Sure it has it's good points but I still find the prospect of a werehog [developmentally delayed] and totally unnecessary. I personally think Sonic team needs to quit. The series is dead, I don't think there is a hope of a good Sonic game on a console unless somebody else took over.

I never agree with ratchet... but this? I agree with this.

I stand by my opinion that you only like these because they are marketed to your age. They aren't good sonic games by any means.

However, if they REALLY were to make more 3D Sonic games, they should make racing games. In fact they are currently making "Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing", I hope it turns out to be better than Mario Kart and F-Zero.

So you want more terrible ripoffs of the Sonic franchise? Sonic Racing games should have died with Sonic R.

however the camera lacks BIG TIME. (Especially underwater levels, I can't stand them.)

I really don't think we're on the same page. The camera is a little old, but I just can not fathom how you could think the Mario 64 camera was worse than the Sonic Adventure camera. And, please, I don't need any of your "MY OPINION" stuff shouted out, some things like camera control just are not very subjective.

I never agree with ratchet... but this? I agree with this.

Well that is different :lol:

You're a basher. You're DEFINITELY a basher.

Please get out of this thread. RIGHT NOW. :x

And your a basher bashing my bashes. So what? Why do I have to get off this thread for have an opposing opinion to you oh great one? And I am a critic by nature, I review stuff, I dedicate everything I do on the SGP blog and any other blog to reviewing either old stuff or new stuff depending on my mood. And I have found that the Last two generations of console Sonic games have blown. They keep adding stupid useless characters, keep emphasizing a story that gets more and more convoluted as it goes to the point it is harder to understand what order the games take place. Sonic Team needs to give real Sonic fans a game, not seven year olds who enjoy the characters and don't understand what a good and a bad game are. Because that is the market for these games, and I would know as a person who wears a Sonic T-shirt every once in a while. Everyone who is older then ten says "Lame" and every time I walk by the elementary school on my way home there is a kid wondering where they can get a Sonic T-shirt. Most of these kids don't even know about the older ones, the better ones.

I remember getting all the older ones on a computer disk (along with the dreadful (but not at the time, I was young) Sonic R and Sonic Fighting game). Sonic could be a great series if it could quit trying to be the next great thing. It needs to work with the formula that made the originals great, speed. Not slowing down to destroy robots, not terrible cutscenes with terrible dialogue with terrible reasons to add another stupid thing to the game. Take Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on the GC. Part of the game you got to play as Tails in a slow [wagon] walker robot. That's not what the series is about. It's not about [developmentally delayed]ed cats going after his "froggy". It's about speed. But the games are losing that for "God of War for kids" Werehog sequences and whatever else.

Hell, take a look at the mediocre Riders series. It's stupid, Sonic is so fast that he needs to use a hover board in a race? And when he gets off the hoverboard he can't run for some reason and has to huff and puff until he gets back on? What the hell? At least the equally crappy Sonic R got the racing right.

I don't know. Sonic Chronicles on the DS was great, but then we see it isn't exactly a Sonic Team game and we can see why.

Catch my drift? Sonic cannot survive in the long term if it keeps adding silly things in instead of focusing on the sole component everyone knows it for. Mario survives because it follows the same formula (basically) it always has, and that formula has worked. Add different ideas to the mix such as Space instead of a castle, or Snowy mountains, and it works. Zelda is the same thing. Most Nintendo games can all be distinguished for something and each game in that series you can distinguish that thing easily. Sonic is turning into a jumbled, sloppy mess, which is what I personally think distinguishes it from all the other Nintendo games.

My friend is a huge Sonic fan and enjoys the newer ones a bit, and I might eventually go over to his house to collaborate on a "Where Sonic went Wrong" video, which is what I have been wanting to do forever, but we finally got the technology to do it. I'll post it if you really want my complete look at the failures of the series.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I guess you guys are too stubborn to believe in Sonic games anymore. :wall:

And, it's not just Sonic games that I can't stand bashing upon, it's just about EVERY SINGLE FREAKING SERIES that I can't stand bashing. Really, there is no "crap" series. Personal taste has a huge factor on this. You guys are just turning down the Sonic series because you want to. "It's crap" is NOT a valid reason as to why it's crap. People have got to learn this, in fact now I prefer fanboyism/fangirlism rather than bashing. If you just bash games it's pointless, why don't you stop playing those games then? It's better than coming to a gaming forum and start shouting "THIS GAMES SUCKZ0RZ@@@@@@@" and get flamed by others.

Also, your "this is better than that" argument makes little sense. It's not a fact, but you sound like it is. You guys should really go hate somewhere else. :roll:

I really want to stop this flame war. Whether games are good or bad, whether it's a phenomenon or it's getting ruined, it's all subjective. Not common fact.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

And, it's not just Sonic games that I can't stand bashing upon, it's just about EVERY SINGLE FREAKING SERIES that I can't stand bashing. Really, there is no "crap" series. Personal taste has a huge factor on this. You guys are just turning down the Sonic series because you want to. "It's crap" is NOT a valid reason as to why it's crap. People have got to learn this, in fact now I prefer fanboyism/fangirlism rather than bashing. If you just bash games it's pointless, why don't you stop playing those games then? It's better than coming to a gaming forum and start shouting "THIS GAMES SUCKZ0RZ@@@@@@@" and get flamed by others.

Also, your "this is better than that" argument makes little sense. It's not a fact, but you sound like it is. You guys should really go hate somewhere else. :roll:

I really want to stop this flame war. Whether games are good or bad, whether it's a phenomenon or it's getting ruined, it's all subjective. Not common fact.

You're wrong. Personal opinion is only a small factor to this all. There are such thing as terrible games, and there are such thing as terrible series.

If it hurts your feelings too bad, it's the truth. And that is all there is to it.

You're wrong. Personal opinion is only a small factor to this all. There are such thing as terrible games, and there are such thing as terrible series.

If it hurts your feelings too bad, it's the truth. And that is all there is to it.

Okay fine, you win. You are entitled to your own "fact".

But seriously, you gotta admit, haters suck. If you ever seen the GameFAQS Sonic and the Black Knight board, you would know what I mean.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Just to clarify, I'm not saying people can't like/dislike different things. Some people might like a bad game, some people might like a good game. I'm talking about an entire different set of credentials in which to judge a game on.

1. Stubbornness is not a factor here. I am not stubborn for believing Sonic is dead, it is my own thought due to the excessive amount of crappy Sonic games out there.

2. Apparently you didn't read my whole rant. I said it was crap, but I pointed out why, but you were too busy being enraged that someone would would make fun of Sonic.

3. Same thing here, why make fun of someones opposite opinion? Have you ever joined a (somewhat) mature forum like this? We all talk about stuff and state why we dislike or like it, it's not like we can't...that's kind of the fun of talking over a forum is getting the opinions of others.

4. We should hate somewhere else? Lol, this is why I hate fanboys, because at the tiniest sign of oppresiveness, they take it to a higher degree then it should be, state about "Well that's your opinion" while simultaneously bashing my opinion, complaining because I bashed your opinion, and then act like a mad seven year old who didn't get M and M's at the candy store.

5. This wasn't a flame war until you turned it into one. You can't throw out the opinion thing because you are bashing my opinion, so quit [cabbage]ting and get over the fact that Sonic games are no good. It's a universal fact that the latest Sonic games have sucked. Even people I know who have enjoyed newer games will say that they are still full of problems. A game is not good if it's bugged, broken, or anything like that. Sonic games have consistently had these problems, had continuity problems, had problems with too many characters, had problems with the stupid things in each one.

I would love to see Sonic return to his former status, I am a big fan of Sonic, but does that mean I am not allowed to say that I believe that a childhood favorite and one of my favorite characters of all time has been slowly dying due to the idiotic attempts by Sonic Team to resurrect him with some new perk?

1. Stubbornness is not a factor here. I am not stubborn for believing Sonic is dead, it is my own thought due to the excessive amount of crappy Sonic games out there.

2. Apparently you didn't read my whole rant. I said it was crap, but I pointed out why, but you were too busy being enraged that someone would would make fun of Sonic.

3. Same thing here, why make fun of someones opposite opinion? Have you ever joined a (somewhat) mature forum like this? We all talk about stuff and state why we dislike or like it, it's not like we can't...that's kind of the fun of talking over a forum is getting the opinions of others.

4. We should hate somewhere else? Lol, this is why I hate fanboys, because at the tiniest sign of oppresiveness, they take it to a higher degree then it should be, state about "Well that's your opinion" while simultaneously bashing my opinion, complaining because I bashed your opinion, and then act like a mad seven year old who didn't get M and M's at the candy store.

5. This wasn't a flame war until you turned it into one. You can't throw out the opinion thing because you are bashing my opinion, so quit [cabbage] and get over the fact that Sonic games are no good. It's a universal fact that the latest Sonic games have sucked. Even people I know who have enjoyed newer games will say that they are still full of problems. A game is not good if it's bugged, broken, or anything like that. Sonic games have consistently had these problems, had continuity problems, had problems with too many characters, had problems with the stupid things in each one.

I would love to see Sonic return to his former status, I am a big fan of Sonic, but does that mean I am not allowed to say that I believe that a childhood favorite and one of my favorite characters of all time has been slowly dying due to the idiotic attempts by Sonic Team to resurrect him with some new perk?

Me too, I would also want Sonic to be like the 2D type, and if they were to make 3D Sonic games, make something like Sonic Heroes that relates to the classics more. The idea of swords and guns just don't fit with Sonic characters well.

And I know that you are allowed to have an opinion, except that I saw one of your posts which stated that a game was crap, without stating any reason. That's why I flamed, sorry.

Also, I know that some of the Sonic games has problems, but it's not like they are without merit. In fact, no game is without merit, it's just that the bad games are constantly overshadowed by the better ones. Like, the Sonic games are overshadowed by the Mario games, as always.

In fact, there aren't a whole lot of games that I consider bad. Sonic 06 and Shadow the Hedgehog are likely candidates, but, as I said, not a lot of games are bad, it's just that some are better than others, and some are MUCH better. Like the Sonic/Mario comparison.

Also, now I just realized that you guys are only complaining about the IDEAS that Sonic Team put into the game, not the actual gameplay. My bad. :wall: If it's the ideas, then I most certainly agree with you, in fact that's why I haven't bought SU or SatBK yet (I might though, not too sure).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

If you want to talk actual gameplay I find that everyone of the games when you use the homing jump on enemies, it always ends in Sonic falling off a cliff and killing himself? Is this because he realizes that he is in a crappy game, or is it because of crappy design, or is it both?

I have no clue about the gameplay of Sonic Unleashed because I barely played three minutes of it without getting bored to death. I only played a part of sonic 06 where you walked around a town and then drove some hovercraft over sand...because apparently sand can consume unsuspecting hedgehogs.

If you want to talk actual gameplay I find that everyone of the games when you use the homing jump on enemies, it always ends in Sonic falling off a cliff and killing himself? Is this because he realizes that he is in a crappy game, or is it because of crappy design, or is it both?

I have no clue about the gameplay of Sonic Unleashed because I barely played three minutes of it without getting bored to death. I only played a part of sonic 06 where you walked around a town and then drove some hovercraft over sand...because apparently sand can consume unsuspecting hedgehogs.

If you can't homing attack properly in Sonic Heroes, you might as well stop playing that game, because you suck. Hell, when you can't even do a simple attack like that properly, you should just stop playing Sonic games altogether, because you're just not suited for those type of games.

Also, "sand that can consume unsuspecting hedgehogs" = quicksand. You don't know?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

If you can't homing attack properly in Sonic Heroes, you might as well stop playing that game, because you suck. Hell, when you can't even do a simple attack like that properly, you should just stop playing Sonic games altogether, because you're just not suited for those type of games.

Also, "sand that can consume unsuspecting hedgehogs" = quicksand. You don't know?

A whole desert of the stuff? I only played that little segment but found it too [developmentally delayed]ed.

And no, the homing attack was quite erratic, and everybody I know always dies because of it. Shadow the Hedgehog was where it could be seen quite clearly, but the other GC games, it was apparent.

A whole desert of the stuff? I only played that little segment but found it too [developmentally delayed].

And no, the homing attack was quite erratic, and everybody I know always dies because of it. Shadow the Hedgehog was where it could be seen quite clearly, but the other GC games, it was apparent.

Yeah, a whole desert of quicksand is a bit too unreasonable.

But homing attack is hard to miss in Sonic Heroes. Use speed formation, press the jump button twice, and you'll automatically home in on the enemy or item. ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I played Sonic Heroes forever ago...all I remember is the [developmentally delayed] froggy thing.

You mean Frog Forest or Lost Jungle?

Yeah I remember those... the black frogs in Lost Jungle always ruin the good shortcuts. :(

Anyway I think this thread is turning into a Sonic discussion, so I won't post anymore.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

^^^No the big and froggy thing.

You mean Big the Cat? Because that was in Sonic Adventure 1.

I guess I'll have to post again.

Big the Cat was in Sonic Heroes, as Team Rose. Apparently the plot was that Amy found a newspaper with Sonic on it, then Cream spotted Chocola along with him. Big also spots Froggy on the newspaper. The three then goes out to find what they want (Amy wants Sonic, Cream wants Chocola, and Big wants Froggy).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog