Are YOU a fanboy?

Demoli

I feel the same way as you do. Platforming Marios were cool, but then Nintendo ever so persistently tried using their success to sell more games that actually had nothing to do with the original games. Mario Party was good because it sort of implemented the platform aspect into the mini games, but we don't need a freaking Mario game for every single sport out there. Even though there are some Mario games I like, I still think they are overrated as hell.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be a fanboy of RTS but they seem rather bland now. The last one I truly enjoyed was empire earth, with the custom maps too. RTS just seem the same thing over and over now, not really many innovative ones have came out recently, except maybe Wh:Dow2 (It tried a new style, and it worked, but the campaign was too much of a grind xD)

I have just downloaded Battleforge though, So I'll give that a go and see if I can get back into RTS'

I'm a huge fan of Dawn of War I right now. Like my entire Aion legion is playing it over Hamachi lan while we wait for Aion to come out, it's a ton of fun. 8 player games are chaotic as hell.

• 2 weeks later...
I used to be a fanboy of RTS but they seem rather bland now. The last one I truly enjoyed was empire earth, with the custom maps too. RTS just seem the same thing over and over now, not really many innovative ones have came out recently, except maybe Wh:Dow2 (It tried a new style, and it worked, but the campaign was too much of a grind xD)

I have just downloaded Battleforge though, So I'll give that a go and see if I can get back into RTS'

I'm a huge fan of Dawn of War I right now. Like my entire Aion legion is playing it over Hamachi lan while we wait for Aion to come out, it's a ton of fun. 8 player games are chaotic as hell.

I used to play Dawn of War Vanilla online quite a lot, but I think relic/thq got a bit lazy with it... I mean the dawn of war homepage didnt update untill a few months after soulstorm came out IIRC.

And updates were pretty much non-existant.

Must agree though, great fun games. I used to play either chaos or SM. In vanilla they used to own T1 with 4 plasma's per squad :D Good times.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

I'm a huge Splinter Cell fanboy, a huge Metal Gear Solid fanboy, and am trying to keep being a fanboy of Sonic, but try as much as I can and I am failed every time I try to renew my trust in Sonic Team to make something good.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

@Zierro and nerdyboy: I have yet to not enjoy a core Mario game, i just think most ppl don't play them before ranting.

I play the new ones all the time at my friends house. All I see is mario on his games, it is hurting my eyes. Once he goes back to his platforming roots I'll be happy and enjoy the games again.

disturbeda.png

@Zierro and nerdyboy: I have yet to not enjoy a core Mario game, i just think most ppl don't play them before ranting.

I play the new ones all the time at my friends house. All I see is mario on his games, it is hurting my eyes. Once he goes back to his platforming roots I'll be happy and enjoy the games again.

If your refering to the Core ones (SMG; SMS, SM64, etc..) i don't understand, if you reffer to the spin offs i agree.

Btw, a new sidescroller 4-player simultaneous super mario game is coming to the wii ;)

Even the core Mario games are not very good. People consider SM64 as one of the best games ever. I cannot even think what makes them believe that. It was an alright game, but it deffinately did not leave a lasting impression on me like a lot of games do. I only consider a game good if it leaves an impression on me, that I will be able to think back to it ten years from now and say that it really did leave me slack-jawed and excited for more.

Plus, Super Mario Galaxy had you scratch the crotch of the Queen Bee, which is both humorous and one of those "What were they thinking?" moments.

Plus, Super Mario Galaxy had you scratch the crotch of the Queen Bee, which is both humorous and one of those "What were they thinking?" moments.

I think thats what makes me enjoy mario gamers, i mean cmon! a italian plumber who can throw fireballs by swallowing flowers and fly by swallowing leaves? Myamoto should have been high back than, but it makes the game somewhat unique...

And to the last mipression it depends, still today i play SM64 and i love every second of it, but i dont think ff7 is that good, didn't had the fun factor for me... its a matter of opinion after all (imo ff6>ff7)

I'll admit, I am a bit biased towards Microsoft related products. But, I own all sorts of Nintendo consoles, and a playstation 2 as well. I don't really care which brand I buy personally, which ever I believe will keep me entertained for at least a couple years gets my money.

I don't consider myself a "fanboy" though.

I think thats what makes me enjoy mario gamers, i mean cmon! a italian plumber who can throw fireballs by swallowing flowers and fly by swallowing leaves? Myamoto should have been high back than, but it makes the game somewhat unique...

And to the last mipression it depends, still today i play SM64 and i love every second of it, but i dont think ff7 is that good, didn't had the fun factor for me... its a matter of opinion after all (imo ff6>ff7)

lol, that's funny you said scratching a Queen Bee's crotch is whatt makes you enjoy those games HAHAHAHA!!!

Anywho, I agree with the FF7 thing, it wasn't that great, all the 3D final fantasies before FFX were not that great IMO. FF6 was much better

Even the core Mario games are not very good. People consider SM64 as one of the best games ever. I cannot even think what makes them believe that. It was an alright game, but it deffinately did not leave a lasting impression on me like a lot of games do. I only consider a game good if it leaves an impression on me, that I will be able to think back to it ten years from now and say that it really did leave me slack-jawed and excited for more.

Critics suck and people who are very ...'picky' shouldnt even say stuff like that.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

lol, that's funny you said scratching a Queen Bee's crotch is whatt makes you enjoy those games HAHAHAHA!!!

No, what makies me enjoy the mario games is all the simplicity of controls, gameplay and the surprise feature, sure you migh have to scratch a queen bee's crotch, but you also make pink marshmallows explode because of oversuply of fat and walk on a sprite of yourself 5 generations ago, basicly, its fun.

If your refering to the Core ones (SMG; SMS, SM64, etc..) i don't understand, if you reffer to the spin offs i agree.

Btw, a new sidescroller 4-player simultaneous super mario game is coming to the wii ;)

Spin offs, the core ones are what I enjoy.

Don't have a Wii :( don't expect I'll ever get one either. Not enough games for me (I'm a shooter guy :P).

disturbeda.png

Don't have a Wii :( don't expect I'll ever get one either. Not enough games for me (I'm a shooter guy :P).

Oh well, do you have at least a ds? theres a mario sidescroller in it too. :)

I wouldn't say I'm a fanboy, IMO all consoles have their own advantages and disadvantages. I own a PS3 and a Wii, and I've played a lot of fun hours on both of them. And I don't mind the 360 at all, I do see that it's better in some ways then a PS3 and such. So yeah, to answer your question, I don't really consider myself a fanboy.

I wouldn't say I'm a fanboy, IMO all consoles have their own advantages and disadvantages. I own a PS3 and a Wii, and I've played a lot of fun hours on both of them. And I don't mind the 360 at all, I do see that it's better in some ways then a PS3 and such. So yeah, to answer your question, I don't really consider myself a fanboy.

Oh well, do you have at least a ds? theres a mario sidescroller in it too. :)

Hehe, I have 4 of them. I'm set :P

disturbeda.png

Can't say I am a fan boy of any of the consoles. I frequently switch between my Ps3, Xbox360 and computer. I will also often play on wii's around friend's houses. Each have their ups and downs, and I probably stick to the Ps3 more than anything. But I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy of the PS. :P

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I would probably say I'm a Sonic fanboy. When I unlocked Sonic in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, I only used him for a while. He ended up being the longest-used character in my file. (I main Ness now, though.)

Also, a LOT of people bash the Sonic series, and it really hurts for me to see this happening. Why do people bash Sonic so much? They always think their opinion is fact, and I hate it when they do that! :wall:

The truth is, the Sonic games are very underrated, ESPECIALLY the Sonic Advance series, the Sonic Rush series, and Sonic Heroes. Those were the best Sonic games ever IMO, but the other games are not that bad either. They were only mediocre at worst. The ONLY bad Sonic game was Sonic 06, and even then, I don't mind if anyone say it was good. (Because everyone is allowed an opinion, except for the haters obviously. )

Not only that, but they also bash Sonic X, the anime as well. Luckily, most of those bashers are the ones that bash the 4Kids version (which, indeed, was horrid). The Japanese version was awesome, and, unfortunately, many people don't realize that. :(

So yeah, those are the reasons why I'm a Sonic fanboy. \'

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I would probably say I'm a Sonic fanboy. When I unlocked Sonic in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, I only used him for a while. He ended up being the longest-used character in my file. (I main Ness now, though.)

Also, a LOT of people bash the Sonic series, and it really hurts for me to see this happening. Why do people bash Sonic so much? They always think their opinion is fact, and I hate it when they do that! :wall:

The truth is, the Sonic games are very underrated, ESPECIALLY the Sonic Advance series, the Sonic Rush series, and Sonic Heroes. Those were the best Sonic games ever IMO, but the other games are not that bad either. They were only mediocre at worst. The ONLY bad Sonic game was Sonic 06, and even then, I don't mind if anyone say it was good. (Because everyone is allowed an opinion, except for the haters obviously. )

Not only that, but they also bash Sonic X, the anime as well. Luckily, most of those bashers are the ones that bash the 4Kids version (which, indeed, was horrid). The Japanese version was awesome, and, unfortunately, many people don't realize that. :(

People bash Sonic because the games were good. Now sega is ruining him by making crap like Sonic and the Black Knight, and that Sonic Were-hedgehog thing.

It doesnt relate to the originals at all.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I agree with you, sonic advance series was awesome, s well as sonic rush, but they ned to return sonic to the 2-d roots (see: project needlemouse =P~ )

People bash Sonic because the games were good. Now sega is ruining him by making crap like Sonic and the Black Knight, and that Sonic Were-hedgehog thing.

It doesnt relate to the originals at all.

See? This is what I mean by "bashers".

People have opinions, you know. I personally have never played either of the games you mentioned, however that doesn't mean people can't like them/think they were good. Not everybody thinks the games were crap. SEGA never makes crap, it's just that people thinks it's crap. People have got to learn this fact, that way there wouldn't be as much close-minded haters.

Please, why don't you go to a board like the GameFAQS Sonic and the Black Knight board. It's filled with close-minded Sonic bashers like you. :shame:

I agree with you, sonic advance series was awesome, s well as sonic rush, but they ned to return sonic to the 2-d roots (see: project needlemouse =P~ )

Probably that, and maybe make 3D Sonic games like Sonic Heroes. Now THAT was a great demonstration of the 3D Sonic games.

And possibly make a remake of all 3 of the Sonic Advance games on the DS.

But that's just my opinion, feel free to disagree if you like but no hater opinions. ::'

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention