When to raise defence [F2P]

Tim

okay, So im currently not a member for the time being due to college, money and other things, So i've been working on my F2P Account for the time being. I plan on raising its defence level but im not quite sure when I should. Currently the combat stats are:

Attack:40

Str:40

Def:1

Prayer:10

Magic:14

Range:14

HP:36

(I was a skiller btw, so combat's are bit low)

Where should I aim to get these to and/or before defence. Thanks

Popoto.~<3

If you are not trying to make a low defense pure I'd suggest bringing it up closer to your other melee stats. Or in the very least get it up to be able to use at least black armor so you have some defense against getting hit.

35b9enp.jpg

Unless you want to make a pure (which you might as well do considering you've already got to rune weapons with 1 def, just get strength higher and you're in business) you really should have trained def already. I really cannot see any point in training strength/attack more than 10 levels higher than defence (unless you're training against something like chickens :S

Oh, and in case you were wondering where to train, Fleshies all the way.

I know that at higher levels you're meant to switch to the spiders but I've tried them out and I prefer not having to bank every 15 mins for more food. And my stats are pretty good for f2p

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

I know that at higher levels you're meant to switch to the spiders but I've tried them out and I prefer not having to bank every 15 mins for more food. And my stats are pretty good for f2p

Good for F2P, but not for spiders. At level 110+ Spiders get a lot better.

2eprbpj.png

Good for F2P, but not for spiders. At level 110+ Spiders get a lot better.

Thanks for letting me know =) It's just that whenever I've gone down there, there have been people a lot lower than me.

Not that I'm trying to hijack the thread or anything, but what stats would you recommend for the spiders then?

I wasn't planning on raising my attack above 75 (not sure I see the point) but I would if you said it was benefitial.

I typically train with full rune + beserker shield, safety gloves (I know I should get the FOG ones but all my tokens seem to go on beserker shields :( ), SOS boots, wildy cape, power amulet with a rune scim. I have a bank full of member items so can't use any food better than salmon :S but I have loads of them.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever