Interesting Developments - UPDATE: FORUM FEATURE WIP

Hawks

CURRENT UPDATE:

8/27 - I like writing very large. We're working on a so-called 'forum feature' similar to the community spotlight of the TET that happened recently. The last fourish posts pertain to that. Please offer your thoughts and suggestions!

Clan Chat (Fally): fallylibrary

If your RSN isn't public but you want to be in the clan, pm it to me.

[hide=Original Post]So. First compiling a list of active members of Fally. People who have posted in the last month or so.

Cabbage_Boii

Seer

mrk252

wizzkid785

doomsavenger

LiChef

who_am_i

ratchet537

archimage_a

hawkxs

Okay. I think that if we are to make a useful feature for the Times, it should be in a way that has worked in the past (in this case a very long ago past). The way I propose is an interview of the people in Falador. I think it will work, as a group sort of thing. If we compile a list of questions, and everyone chooses a few to answer (or you answer all and we edit it so we get the 'best' answers) and we put it together, I think it would make an informative article about Falador.

So a couple of questions to begin with, if you think of others feel free to add them and also give your answers/thoughts.

1. What is the Falador Library, and how does it work? (in your words)

2. Why did you join?

3. What is your favorite role play in Falador, and why?

We'll also include details on joining Falador and stuff like that I guess.[/hide]

-Another Times Attempt-

what think you of this?

[hide=]I hurry into Varrock, my hood conceals my features, but the guards know only a few crazy enough to be out in the dark, damp night. Turning northward, I pass two buildings before stepping onto the porch of the third. I remove my hood, revealing a garish hat and a shaggy head of hair.

The large oaken door invites me in, and as I move to open it, it swings inward, releasing the glow into the night. I step in and hang my cloak on the wall. I notice Archi has left his post tonight, the games must be good.

I hurry back through the shelves, noticing those old scrolls covered in dust, and newer books bound in leather, well-used and loved. The light gets brighter as I walk, and I pause to remove a small notebook from a shelf labeled Hawk. The notebook is brightly colored and sheaves of paper are falling out I should get a new one soon.

From a pocket in my tunic I reveal a small bag. I sit down at the large table, across from where I notice Archi watching and waiting. I deposit the contents on the table with a clatter. Ive carried my special dice and miniature from my home in Falador. I realize that Archi is Gamesmaster tonight, and grin with anticipation. My friends sit around the table and have similar things spread out in front of them.

Twas a dark and dreary night, not unlike tonight, Archi began, and with a wave of his hand extinguished all of the candles but those dripping wax onto the table. I saw another group farther away; it must have been the zombie role-players.

Who would like to start? The night has fallen, and it is high time to begin. Although, here in Rusco, it is early day. Hawk and Wizz, you are together and Hawk is finally conscious. The rest of you have been here more recently and should be acquainted with your players position.

Ill start, is that good, Wizz? I say.

Yeah, were in the forest area right there, Wizz says, pointing to a few squares on the map. I place my miniature on the square next to Wizz.

Weve got to find others, and get together. I dont know if we have winter here, but if there is, its coming soon. I propose we gather food and not those berries, either.

Ill fish and see if I can find some small animals. We need their hides Wizz adds.

You can complete that task. How long would you like to look and gather food? the Gamesmaster states.

Well look until noon.

Ill get back to you later. Whos next?

In case you were wondering, this is a little taste of what happens in that building I spoke of earlier, the Falador Library. Its a bit strange, as its in Varrock, but named after Falador. Its where we role-players gather and have some fun. Youre welcome to join us, you just need to talk to Archi, whos usually at the front desk.

We have a lot of different role plays, but sadly a lot of our members have given up on their old games, especially after the fire that we lost most of our records in. Wed like some new blood, and if you like to role play (who in Gilenor doesnt?) you should come visit us. Even if you dont want to run a game, weve got plenty just waiting for avid players.

The other game I was talking about, the zombie one, is pretty interesting. We seem to have an obsession with zombies Anyway, the game is called Zombea, and its essentially you fighting for your survival against the zombies. Its a lot more fun than it sounds, and the players get really in depth. Its the most popular after Rusco, which Ill get to in a minute.

There are a large variety of role-plays held within the Falador Library. Most are your traditional fantasy/medieval role-plays. We also have a sci-fi one, a couple of modern-day mafia types, and a few others that I neglect to mention. Theres also the opportunity to gather a group of people and create a whole new role-play.

Rusco is a big story world. Thats the best way I can describe it. Your player is put into a whole new world, and you band together with other players in an open-ended game. People play their characters however they want, so you could be betrayed or helped or possibly even killed. Its a very imaginative place and you can do most anything. When we dont get together and play, you keep a journal of your characters travels and doings. Its an interesting way of doing things and it has worked well so far.

I know my piece is quite short, but I hope Ive helped you understand more about how our little Library works. Come in anytime and browse our archives of stories and characters. Theres a lot to be had in the Library, and wed love to have you. Were a fun loving group, and most anything goes.

Authors Note: It might be a bit confusing I apologize for that in advance. The library I speak of (or rather my character speaks of, which is why its confusing) is the Falador Library, which is in the forums, and can be read by any registered member of the forums. (Its under the Varrock Library, in General Discussions, if you dont frequent that area.) You can join the Library by sending a PM to the moderator in charge (archimage_a), and I highly suggest reading all of our rules/suggestions before joining a role-play. That said, wed love to have you come play![/hide]

-The Great Tip.it Grid-

The Great Tip.it Grid: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=805281&start=0

We can do a forum group tile if we want, each user does a piece and they can match or not or whatever. just has to be about Fally.

[hide=Your Tile]Each user has this tile to show some aspect of Falador Library. If we want we can probably take the border off the edges that will be on the inside of the square.

gridsq.png[/hide]

People willing to do tiles ((X)=done):

( ) hawkxs

(X) archimage_a

v3m9kw.png

My amazing art skills :roll:

Anyway I call it: Jacktre ala Falador

Basically it is a never ending chain consisting of many different elements, with a thin band holding it all together.

A never ending story written by many different people, with only faint rules to guide it.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

So, are you wanting the people who are brand new to the library (in other words, me) to submit stuff?

I've not been here very long, and I don't really consider myself one of you yet. So, yeah.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

well the falador library is a small section of the forum where people create roleplays and roleplay. like the roleplaying enviroment in runescape

2. Why did you join?

because i like rping in the runescape forums and i thought this would be quite similar

i have only just joined, i'm planning to create a new roleplay.

much like one I saw in the runescape forums but with some of my twists added. it'll have no xp or maps because there confusing but at the moment i haven't joined any roleplays.

meatlover.png

Hey,

Thought I would resurrect an old idea from way, way, way back when (serouisly from May the 19th 2007, which is a shame because some of the pics were intense).

The old, if somewhat fragmented, version can be found here

Project Desiral

New RPG version can be found here

Project Desiral

So, are you wanting the people who are brand new to the library (in other words, me) to submit stuff?

I've not been here very long, and I don't really consider myself one of you yet. So, yeah.

If you want to tell your thoughts, feel free to do so. :D If you have questions or something you think someone new to Falador would want to know, ask them also and we can answer them and build up a bank of questions to get enough material for an article.

Just in case this is going anywhere.

tipgridfl.png

My (more amazing than arch's) art skills. Mainly copy and paste, but it did take some paint bucket and some pencil. Almost 4 years in the making tbh. It's a map, with a die on it. [/sarcasm]

The Falador Library is the place where people come together in order to create stories, detailing supernatural or extraordinary events. Much like most games you will play, you are your character, and play through worlds finding with, or against, others.

2. Why did you join?

Because I really wanted to play Rusco.

Rusco. For one, because I've not played anything else. Mainly because it's a fascinating world that I has the potential to be molded into anything with the help of others. It's kinda like being a god.

Here's the deal on the Tip.it Grid. If you've already got one, you can't do another. I've got one already. So sadly I cannot do another one. I will post Archi's and who am i's tiles in the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I just couldn't resist filling it in 526_tongue_haning_out.gif

[hide=]1. You are given a pie.

Eat it, get fat, eat more pie

2. You are given a book of matches.

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! see you in hell puny mortals

3. You are given a can of Monster/Amp/Energy Drink.

i'd drink it and go hyper.

4. You are attacked by someone/thing/inanamate object.

it depends, if i was attacked by a chair i'd give up but if i was challenged to a duel by a knight i'd battle hip

Would you rather...

5. Read a book or go to sleep.

read a book.... till 5'oclock in the morning

6. Write a story or read one.

Write, infact. i'd prefer to RP

7. Eat food or cook food.

Well, cook food then eat it

8. Play a game or make up a game.

make up a game, like RPing. thats what i'd love to do or make a game within a game like a map on AOEIII or AOMT

9. Spend time with small children or the elderly.

Small children, elderly people are boring small children are funny sometimes.

10. What fantasy race/character/class do you think you are most like

race:erm... let me see A BIG FAT TROLL:twss: . i'd say i'm like a goblin from the warcraft universe, full of idea's but non of them work, i'm short and i can dance well

Class: Engineer or mage, engineer because i'm quite enginuic (grr.. how do you spell it) or mage because, well i prefer brains over brawns... apart from in rugby[/hide]

thats a great idea, however targeting people like that will be hard. we should give them a brief idea of what Falador is and then we should bring people in by link.

also you had 25 members then! what happened did falador library die and it was started back up again?

meatlover.png

A well-written global announcement would be accepted, I bet. How to go about this though...

Could we request a 'Forum Feature' similar to the TET/Crew feature that happened recently? I think it would work great.... Format, we could do an in-rp interview?

Will edit in a moment.

Fictional Story; 'That' article we've been working on and off on for probably the past year.

RP Creation Story? - Probably Ratchet since he's the one with most of the ideas, if he wants to write one.

Member interview - Exactly what it says

Somebody want to make a promo/advert for us? (I could do it..)

Links: How to join, Rusco Info, Basic Info, Falador!

SUPPORT SIG!

Interview. What do people want to learn about rping? How do we find out what they want to know? What did you/would you/do you still want to know about Falador and what goes on here?

(this is me being weird. feel free to quote and answer with whatever you'd say if you feel like it)

Hi, and thanks for offering your time to tell us a little about the Falador Library.

How did you find out about the Library in the first place? What drove you to join it?

Can you tell us a little bit about what happens in the Library?

[Elaborate on some detail. probly Rusco]

What's up with all of this story stuff? Why do you role-play that way?

How did the idea come about? [prob me and archi answer this the best]

What's your favorite Role-Play in the Library?

Got any crazy things happening right now?

How do you go about joining the Library?

Do you have anything in particular to tell the people of TIF about Falador?

Thanks for your time, and thanks for being a part of the Falador Library!

[hide=My answers becasue I dont want to quadruple post]

Hi, and thanks for offering your time to tell us a little about the Falador Library.

Cool, I'll do what I can to show people how amazing the Fally Library really is.

How did you find out about the Library in the first place? What drove you to join it?

I was involved in the beginning and thought up a lot of the randomness that now makes up the Library, along with archimage_a and many others who have left, sadly. Since I was invovled in the beginning, I'm pretty much guaranteed to join it. It was finally a bit of role-playing in with the arts and literature in TIF.

Pretty much craziness. If you spend a few minutes here, we're guaranteed to rub off on you. Role-playing happens, but also a lot of fun and interesting discussions. I think we might spend more time discussing rping than actually rping.

For us, in a forum-based setting, it's easiest to fudge the technical stuff and play it by ear. It's also easier and more fun and has seemed to work for us. Not that your traditional table-top RPG style with all sorts of stats and systems wouldn't work, it's just that we've chosen to stick with what people seem to like and what seems to work.

I'm not really sure anymore, but it was the Forum Updates and Suggestions forum where the idea originated. We had a lot of support from the users and from a few mods as well. The topic is lost to the ages, sadly, I can't find it.

The Lost Library was a very well thought out and fun one, but I have to say Rusco is the biggest and the best, just because of the way it works. Project Desiral is a really interesting one and is turning out to be pretty cool.

Well, in Rusco, Archi is in an Inn and a couple of us are heading to meet him there. We're not really sure what the rest of the people are doing. Zeplo was recently restarted, and Project Desiral is going strong and is developing some interesting plot without much effort.

There's a sticky that's listed later in the feature, but basically you PM Archi telling him you've read the rules and know them. (the rules are also linked to in the links section).

Falador is really awesome and I'd encourage you to become a part of it. If you have some good ideas for role plays or want to join in on one, or come be a part of Rusco, you should definitely join us. Even just take a look at the forums (you do need to be logged in to do so). Oh, and we're a little crazy here, as should be apparent by our Forum Feature.

I'm glad to be a part of it!

[/hide]

GRR I WANT MASS-PMing!

God we sound like a bunch of complete loonies.

Anyway, double posting to organize ideas properly. I think for the fictional article, we should attempt a real-life delve into the virtual world. ie, include the bits about Mtn Dew and hoodies and things we have in the real world, computers and such. Like a meta-gaming world with a real-life personality. You're in a library as you would be in Fally (and it is fally) but it's not the rp chars. It's an rp char but it's based on yourself and not any rp char you have. If that makes sense, I would be amazed.

Virtual Self.

Base it somewhat on your real self, it has to make sense (screw it. it has to make sense but not a ton of sense MAKE CRAP UP.).

[hide=Random Virtual Self Quiz thing]

What gender is your virtual self?

What is your virtual self's name?

What is your virtual self wearing?

Does your virtual self have any habits?

Can you work any of those habits into a two minute conversation?

What is your reaction to hawks?

What is your reaction to other people in the Library?

Are you going to be sitting at Hawks desk?

What reason would you have for sitting at Hawks desk?

Do you really need your fav pen that Hawks borrowed?

Why is it your fav pen?

Why did your father give it to you?

Why did you lend it to Hawks?

Do you think Hawks got any use out of it?

How long till you need to refill it?

What colour is the pen?

Does it have any funky designs?

Are you jokey with Hawks or Serouis?

Have you met anyone else in the Library on your travels?

What stories are you involved in?

Are you and hawks in the same story?

What was your opinion of his actions there?

Do you have a funny quote/fact/idea?

Would you tell Hawks?

What would his(as a character) responce be?

[/hide]

[hide=My Virtual Self]What gender is your virtual self? Male I guess

What is your virtual self's name? Hawk

What is your virtual self wearing? Hoodie, shorts

Does your virtual self have any habits? cracking knuckles

Can you work any of those habits into a two minute conversation? probly

What is your reaction to hawks? I am hawks and I am strange

What is your reaction to other people in the Library? They too are strange

Are you going to be sitting at Hawks desk? yeah

What reason would you have for sitting at Hawks desk? I'm hawks

Do you really need your fav pen that Hawks borrowed? If I borrowed my fave pen its still mine

Why is it your fav pen? it has a peeps bunny on it

Why did your father give it to you? he didn't give it to me I bought it

Why did you lend it to Hawks? It's mine, I'm hawks

Do you think Hawks got any use out of it? OF COURSE HE DID I'M HIM

How long till you need to refill it? idk

What colour is the pen? Purple, with black ink I htink

Does it have any funky designs? it's got a bunny on it

Are you jokey with Hawks or Serouis? jokey?

Have you met anyone else in the Library on your travels? yeah i know everybody

What stories are you involved in? a lot of em that died

Are you and hawks in the same story? yeah i'm hawks

What was your opinion of his actions there? they're probably stupid and i think i know more than i do

Do you have a funny quote/fact/idea? What is swordfighting without swords?

Would you tell Hawks? yeah

What would his(as a character) responce be? interesting[/hide]

SETTING.

Falador Library, a modern day type of library, very large and dusty though. It's old and was previously a vacant building next to the Varrock Library and the Gallery Building in Tipitopia. There's a large, very messy desk in the front with a large mug of Diet Mountain Dew on the desk and a shiny orange laptop. A young man sits in a spinny chair behind the desk, wearing a dark gray hoodie proclaiming 'Detroit Red Wings' and khaki shorts. He wears glasses and a purple class ring. He's typing furiously at the computer, stopping every few minutes to change the song playing on the stereo behind him. On a rack above the stereo there are multiple dangerous-looking swords and a small plaque stating 'Protector of the Library: Please Use at Will'.

He looks up and introduces himself as Hawk, one of the Protectors of the Falador Library. Whatever is held within these books is available for the taking. If there are questions, he's prepared to answer them.

A look around the library. There are tons of shelves packed full of books and poorly bound notebooks. Towards the back there are a few closed doors. There's a sign on one but from this far away it is illegible.

The ceiling has born the brunt of many strange things, there are dents all over and more than a few things that look suspiciously like burn marks.

WHATEVER DO I DO NOW?

What do you talk to Hawk about?

What are his impressions of you?

What do you look like/act like?

What rp do you want to join? Do you want to join one?

How did you get there?

What is your profession in Tipitopia?

Shh.. Triple Post. It's legit.

(totally stolen from viewtopic.php?f=6&t=797057)

Forum Feature ~ Falador Library

Foreword

Welcome to the Forum Feature!

This is a chance to get a behind the scenes look at a specific forum at Tip.it. This one is all about your one and only Falador Library, a forum filled with off-the-wall role-playing and fun.

Join as we take a tour through some of the great things that happen in this forum. We'll start with a fictional story that gives you a little insight into the world of the role-players. It's a little strange, maybe, but the events that occur here are fun and more than worthy of your time. It's a long one but a good one. We will then learn what goes into creating a role-play and possibly get you interested in joining one. Next is an interview, questions thought up by us of the Library... They might be a bit biased, but if you've got unanswered questions we'll cheerfully answer them. We've got a little group portrait to show you, and a surprise for you at the end.

So I hope you enjoy this once in a lifetime chance to see just a bit of how things behind the scenes here in the Falador Library. At the bottom, you will find a list of helpful links that will lead you to some important topics for your future reading pleasure. Thank you for allowing us to showcase our own corner of TIF and I hope you enjoy all our hard work put into this production.

On behalf of the whole Falador Library, we hope you enjoy this. Since we can't exactly add our motto to the end of that sentence, we shall add it here: Falador Library... Where Worlds Collide

Fictional Story

WIP-

How we go about creating a role-play/other falador related story

Now accepting ideas!

Peeps in the Library Interview

Is pretty much finished: viewtopic.php?p=6906929#p6906929

Group Portrait OR Theme Song

Theme Song or RSMV of it is in progress atm.

Links and Other Awesomeness

How To Join the Library

Newcomers (Basic Falador Info)

Info-Gram (Information about Rusco)

Role-Plays in the Library

A Special Surprise!

(We will narrow down this sig list soon)

2e540hl.jpg

14vk7iq.jpg

flsig.png

flsig1.png

The Small Print

If you have any questions or comments feel free to respond here or PM hawkxs or archimage_a. They would be glad to help you out. Thank you for taking your time to read this. Many thanks goes to all of the forum members for their work on this project, but a special thanks to archimage_a, hawkxs, Hextriplet, and who_am_i for their dedication on this project. I hope you have enjoyed this as much as we did working on this. And for one last time, our motto, Falador Library... Where Worlds Collide!

Who wants to do a RS-You Tube video about Falador Library...

My attempt at writting a plot went 'Newb finds me, I take him to Fally and....' Was as far as I got. :roll:

Anyway, I think that a video is probably our best idea. Perhaps someone sitting at their desk playing RS and saying they wished that they could do more. They get sucked it(yup original as pie) and discover an old room with a set of dice, a quill and paper. As he studies the stuff other people walk in and the worlds 'Thus a RolePlay is born' appear.

I don't know. :(

Fun one(the bits in 's are false)

[hide=]What gender is your virtual self? Female

What is your virtual self's name? Archimage Xoex Aquanas

What is your virtual self wearing? Blue robe, with Aqua trim, with blue glyphs sewn into the trim.

Does your virtual self have any habits? Drawing Glyphs to the betterment of mankind. Sewing on new Glyphs. Writing. 'Wandering around Falador Library trying to scare people...That sort of stuff.'

Can you work any of those habits into a two minute conversation? 'Most all of them. Usually twirling a few sewing glyphs in my left hand while writing in the ether with my right.'

What is your reaction to hawks? 'Hey its hawks, lets break out the chocolates'

What is your reaction to other people in the Library? 'Hey more people, lets break out the chocolates'

Are you going to be sitting at Hawks desk? 'Hey its a desk, Lets break out the chocolates'

What reason would you have for sitting at Hawks desk? 'None that I can think of...'

Do you really need your fav pen that Hawks borrowed? 'Like the last one he borrowed!!!'

Why is it your fav pen? It was enchanted with never slang glyphs

Why did your father give it to you? 'I was born of the Glyphs....'No really

Why did you lend it to Hawks? 'I seem to remember being unconscience at the time.'

Do you think Hawks got any use out of it? 'He better not have its a pain to refill'

How long till you need to refill it? 'Couple of years maybe'

What colour is the pen? Aqua

Does it have any funky designs? See aformentioned Glyphs

Are you jokey with Hawks or Serouis? 'Hahahaha Serouis.'

Have you met anyone else in the Library on your travels? 'Hehe yup.'

What stories are you involved in? 'All of them'

Are you and hawks in the same story? 'Hmmmm, which one is Hawks again?'

What was your opinion of his actions there? 'Errr did he touch anything he shouldn't have?'

Do you have a funny quote/fact/idea? 'Yes'

Would you tell Hawks? 'Yes'

What would his(as a character) responce be? 'AHHHHHHHH RUN AWAY!!!!'[/hide]

Serouis one

[hide=]What gender is your virtual self? Female

What is your virtual self's name? Archimage Xoex Aquanas

What is your virtual self wearing? Blue robe, with Aqua trim, with blue glyphs sewn into the trim.

Does your virtual self have any habits? Drawing Glyphs to the betterment of mankind. Sewing on new Glyphs. Writing.

Can you work any of those habits into a two minute conversation? Not really...

What is your reaction to hawks? Hello, have you finished "The work" yet?

What is your reaction to other people in the Library? Yes I am the Archimage A, now what can I do.

Are you going to be sitting at Hawks desk? At is far too formal, on his desk more probably...though it depends.

What reason would you have for sitting at Hawks desk? Waiting for "The Work" to be done.

Do you really need your fav pen that Hawks borrowed? What is mine is everyones.

Why is it your fav pen? It was enchanted with never slang glyphs

Why did you lend it to Hawks? Educational purposes

Do you think Hawks got any use out of it? Probably not

How long till you need to refill it? How long is a peice of string?

What colour is the pen? Aqua

Does it have any funky designs? See aformentioned Glyphs

Are you jokey with Hawks or Serouis? Jokey

Have you met anyone else in the Library on your travels? I meet most everyone.

What stories are you involved in? On a few because my life is encroaching on my childhood.

Are you and hawks in the same story? Normally

What was your opinion of his actions there? Usually they are fine

Do you have a funny quote/fact/idea? Just face the music and you might enjoy the dance.

Would you tell Hawks? Depends on the circumstances.

What would his(as a character) responce be? Depends on the circumstances.[/hide]

Your fun one sounds like you're stoned or drunk or something. And your virtual self is pretty similar to Aquan, yes? Only female. Fun.

There used to lie an empty lot between the Varrock Library and the ArenaScape Arena. I always wanted something there, something more than art, more than literature. It seemed it wasn't to be, unless I gathered many volunteers and the supplies myself. Luckily, I befriended a man named archimage, who possessed the magical skills to summon a building (from where, I didn't ask) and it was all downhill from there. My name's Hawk, Hawks to some, hawkxs to others, and I am one of the Protectors of the Library. The Falador Library that is. Where we roleplayers gather to have a drink and some fun.

sorry about the pathetically small post but I can ascess tip.it via iPhone and I'll be back in two days (I'll be lurking). I love the idea of a YouTube video, machinma? So, for the developmentally delayed people like me what exactly is a forum feature.

I reckon we should all put together a roleplay for people to read with everyone posting At least one or two posts anyway... I shall return!! In two days

meatlover.png

Yes pretty much the same as Aquan...being it is the same person :roll: Also, sorry about the 'fun' one I am feeling a little silly at the moment, partly lack of sleep :oops:

Anyway, wrote a song about the Library...kind of fits with the disillusioned masses created by Update Year :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C86oH5RwyJg (If you want to sing then I suggest you listen once and then try, also each section is time stamped (It gave me an excuse to sing it again=P). If anyone wants to do an offical Faladorian sing song and post it on You Tube it would be great and would really help raise the profile of Falador Library(It is roleplay so...))

(0:14)

There is

a house

in Fal-lador

(0:20)

They call

it the

Fal-dorian

(0:26)

And it's been

the savoir

of many

a Scaper

(0:32)

And God

I know

I'm one

(0:46)

My mother

(W)'ill be a Sailor

(0:52)

Sold her new

Hatchet

(0:58)

My father was

a merchant

man

(1:04)

Down in

Fal-lador

(1:18)

Now the only thing

That a merchant needs

(1:25)

Is a suitcase

and trunk

(1:30)

And the only

time that he is satisfied

(1:36)

Is when

he's talking

Bunk

*Extended Instrumental*

(2:21)

Oh Mother!

Tell your Children

(2:28)

To do

What I

Have done

(2:34)

To spend your

life in fun

and jollity

(2:40)

In the

Fal-dorian

(2:53)

Well I got

One tab

For Crafting

(3:00)

My other's

For the beer

(3:05)

I'm going

Back

To Fal-lador

(3:11)

To write

Another

Tale

(3:25)

WELL THERE IS

A HOUSE

IN FAL-LADOR

(3:31)

THEY CALL

THE FAL-DORIAN

(3:31)

AND ITS BEEN

THE SAVOIR

OF MANY A

SCAPER

(3:43)

AND GOD

I KNOW

I'M ONE

For anyone looking for a RS style version(which I think would be awesome) without words:

http://www.pugvalley.com/midi/A/house_of_the_rising_sun.mid

Time stamps below

[hide=](0:17)

There is

a house

in Fal-lador

(0:23)

They call

it the

Fal-dorian

(0:29)

And it's been

the savoir

of many

a Scaper

(0:36)

And God

I know

I'm one

(0:52)

My mother

(W)'ill be a Sailor

(0:59)

Sold her new

Hatchet

(1:05)

My father was

a merchant

man

(1:13)

Down in

Fal-lador

(1:28)

Now the only thing

That a merchant needs

(1:35)

Is a suitcase

and trunk

(1:41)

And the only

time that he is satisfied

(1:48)

Is when

he's talking

Bunk

*Extended Instrumental*

(2:40)

Oh Mother!

Tell your Children

(2:44)

To do

What I

Have done

(2:52)

To spend your

life in fun

and jollity

(2:57)

In the

Fal-dorian

(3:14)

Well I got

One tab

For Crafting

(3:20)

My other's

For the beer

(3:26)

I'm going

Back

To Fal-lador

(3:32)

To write

Another

Tale

(3:48)

WELL THERE IS

A HOUSE

IN FAL-LADOR

(3:54)

THEY CALL

THE FAL-DORIAN

(4:00)

AND ITS BEEN

THE SAVOIR

OF MANY A

SCAPER

(4:07)

AND GOD

I KNOW

I'M ONE[/hide]

lolz the house of te rising sun. must sing along to it ive got it onmy mp3 player.

and iphones and dsis own. posting and wifi ftw.

also ive made a dorky animation of what archi suggested, ill get instructiionson how to find soonish.

Ahahaha...Nice Archi. Now if only I could sing...

Anyway, off to the question things...

[hide=Global announcement]

No problem. Anything to drag more people into the evil wonderful land of Rusco.

I heard about in a Tip.It Times article about the more obscure parts of TIF, and I decided Rusco sounded amazing, so I joined. I have to say, it was more amazing than I thought it would be.

A few fights. A few friendships. A little spying. A little mobstering. Some goblin slaying. Some robot slaying. Yeah. You get the picture. But mainly you get to join a very fun community in a community with some great people.

Is there another way to role-play? Honestly, I don't think it would be as fun if it were the D&D style role-playing, and it's nothing near as nerdy, and ten times more fun.

*silently skips*

Rusco. Hands down.

There's always crazy stuff happening in this library. However, a bunch of us met at Malburg's Inn in Rusco, and now we get to see how Archi reacts to a bunch of primitive people who use bows and spears, instead of the futuristic weapons from his world.

First, you offer a lamb to the Black god of the Underworld. Then, you send the rules, with every word backwords but everything otherwise correct, to Archimage_a, who will either accept or decline, depending on how he feels.

If you play any Forum Games other than the counting games, or you enjoy the quests of Runescape, then the Falador Library would be fun for you, simply because it works in much the same way as some of them.

Any time, any time.[/hide]

[hide=Virtual self]What gender is your virtual self? Male.

What is your virtual self's name? Tyler.

What is your virtual self wearing? Jeans and a t-shirt and tennis shoes with long socks.

Does your virtual self have any habits? A slight bit of insanity and forgetfulness.

Can you work any of those habits into a two minute conversation? You better believe it.

What is your reaction to Hawks? "Hello."

What is your reaction to other people in the Library? "Hello. Again."

Are you going to be sitting at Hawks desk? No, I'm probably sitting a little ways away throwing things at him.

What reason would you have for sitting at Hawks desk? If I needed to ask him something.

Do you really need your fav pen that Hawks borrowed? Yes.

Why is it your fav pen? Because I use it to write my to-do list. And I forget stuff without my to-do list. It's bad.

Why did your father give it to you? Because I needed one for my to-do list.

Why did you lend it to Hawks? Because he needed one for some paperwork.

Do you think Hawks got any use out of it? Hopefully. But if he used all the ink, it could be trouble.

How long till you need to refill it? Never. I'll just get the next one in the set.

What colour is the pen? Tan.

Does it have any funky designs? Nope. Just a normal pen.

Are you jokey with Hawks or Serouis? Serouis. Or serious, whichever.

Have you met anyone else in the Library on your travels? A few. I'm nowhere near to knowing everyone.

What stories are you involved in? Rusco, and Project Desiral in a way.

Are you and Hawks in the same story? Hawks is in Rusco, and I'm in Rusco, so sure.

What was your opinion of his actions there? (S)He kind of ditched his partner.

Do you have a funny quote/fact/idea? "Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz "

Would you tell Hawks? If he asked.

What would his(as a character) responce be? "I see."[/hide]

Hmm...a motto...

"A new world has dawned."-same as what Rusco's motto basically is.

Craziness is a WIP is amazing as well. Probably much more original than mine.

Sigs for my motto, because I'm bored:

flsig.png

flsig1.png

Motto IDEAS:

Craziness is a work in progress.

A new world has dawned.

Falador Library.... Where Worlds Collide

dorky little animation: http://flipnote.hatena.com/5DA9F3F01E2C ... 484606_000

have to acquire a sd card to export as a gif via my DSi. i have one, i'll just borrow it from the wii.

Someone want to collect screenies of themselves in locations in RS that sort of go with the lyrics? I would do an RSMV but I don't want to get a video recording program. (probably have you singing the lyrics in the song)