Interesting Developments - UPDATE: FORUM FEATURE WIP

Hawks

I do like the 'A new World has dawned' motto, simple yet effective.

Sigh, why am I saying this....Ok, I can't sing, but if two other people agree to do a recorded version then I will too, it ought to be fun.

Anyway:

[hide=]Hi, and thanks for offering your time to tell us a little about the Falador Library.

Np, its what I am not paid to do.

How did you find out about the Library in the first place? What drove you to join it?

It all started years ago when I was in Varrock Library and there was a story called 'Smoke Eagle and Gaalsian' or something similar, which was my first experiance of roleplay. Because I was new I couldn't join it, but as I got better at writing I wanted to do one of my own, and so when the chance came up to moderate the new Falador Library I jumped at the chance.

Can you tell us a little bit about what happens in the Library?

Writing mainly, though we are branching out into video and recently into singing, though that might drive people away. =P

What's up with all of this story stuff? Why do you role-play that way?

Story writing is fun, it gives you the chance to be creative when you are rubbish at art. Roleplay can be done anyway you like, I just do it this way because I enjoy it.

How did the idea come about?

There has been a constant demand for a roleplaying forum since I joined the forum, though usually it was too small and Varrock Library catered to the need. But in more recent times the demand has grown stronger, so when people asked Tip It obliged and I stepped up to moderate. It was really that simple.

What's your favorite Role-Play in the Library?

Rusco.

Got any crazy things happening right now?

A list of sane things would probably be shorter. Hmmm, well I just agreed to sing a song and post in on the web, so that is probably the crazist thing so far, though not by much.

How do you go about joining the Library?

You read the rules, rewrite them in your own style and send them to me then I say yea come in.

Do you have anything in particular to tell the people of TIF about Falador?

We do exactly what it says on the tin. Roleplay.

Thanks for your time, and thanks for being a part of the Falador Library!

Archimage Away![/hide]

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Peeps in the Library Interview WIP

Hi, and thanks for offering your time to tell us a little about the Falador Library.

archimage_a: Np, its what I am not paid to do.

who_am_i: No problem. Anything to drag more people into the evil wonderful land of Rusco.

hawkxs: Cool, I'll do what I can to show people how amazing the Fally Library really is.

hextriplet: What else would I waste that five minutes on? Its my holidays. Anyway, you're welcome for thanking me. Anyway, I'll do nearly anything (don't get any ideas) to get more people into Falador Library.

How did you find out about the Library in the first place? What drove you to join it?

archimage_a: It all started years ago when I was in Varrock Library and there was a story called 'Smoke Eagle and Gaalsian' or something similar, which was my first experiance of roleplay. Because I was new I couldn't join it, but as I got better at writing I wanted to do one of my own, and so when the chance came up to moderate the new Falador Library I jumped at the chance.

hextriplet: Well... really, as soon as I created an account on Tip.it I looked for roleplaying as I've done it before on the RuneScape forums and I found it quite fun, I realised it was not there until I found Falador Library.... what could it be, maybe it was a meeting place for people within RuneScape. I didn't know, I slowly moved mouse over the text, it highlighted... I clicked! and then I realised that I had to register, I Pmed Archimage the rules written in my own words and hesitated at first to join a roleplay but I joined Project Desiral as soon as it started and it is really fun.

hawkxs: I was involved in the beginning and thought up a lot of the randomness that now makes up the Library, along with archimage_a and many others who have left, sadly. Since I was invovled in the beginning, I'm pretty much guaranteed to join it. It was finally a bit of role-playing in with the arts and literature in TIF.

who_am_i: I heard about in a Tip.It Times article about the more obscure parts of TIF, and I decided Rusco sounded amazing, so I joined. I have to say, it was more amazing than I thought it would be.

hawkxs: So it worked! (I wrote that article.)

who_am_i: A few fights. A few friendships. A little spying. A little mobstering. Some goblin slaying. Some robot slaying. Yeah. You get the picture. But mainly you get to join a very fun community in a community with some great people.

hawkxs: Pretty much craziness. If you spend a few minutes here, we're guaranteed to rub off on you. Role-playing happens, but also a lot of fun and interesting discussions. I think we might spend more time discussing rping than actually rping.

hextriplet: You roleplay, it's like telling a story but with many different writers, it's really fun to do because you're only effecting your character, its like being a story writer apart from less then half the work and one hundred times the fun.

archimage_a: Writing mainly, though we are branching out into video and recently into singing, though that might drive people away. =P

hextriplet: Well, there are tons of ways of roleplaying, you can roleplay in games and on a tabletop with funny dice and complicated xp systems.... which is seen to most people as sad (depends whether they're wearing costumes). Well the thing with forum roleplaying is you can really do what you want in an RP it can be set in the future in the past, a million miles underground or thousands of leagues away in space. It can be set with an alternate history, you can do what you like. You're not held by the constraints of playing a game. The only limit is your imagination... and trust me, no-one here is short of that.

hawkxs: For us, in a forum-based setting, it's easiest to fudge the technical stuff and play it by ear. It's also easier and more fun and has seemed to work for us. Not that your traditional table-top RPG style with all sorts of stats and systems wouldn't work, it's just that we've chosen to stick with what people seem to like and what seems to work.

archimage_a: Story writing is fun, it gives you the chance to be creative when you are rubbish at art. Roleplay can be done anyway you like, I just do it this way because I enjoy it.

who_am_i: Is there another way to role-play? Honestly, I don't think it would be as fun if it were the D&D style role-playing, and it's nothing near as nerdy, and ten times more fun.

How did the idea come about?

archimage_a: There has been a constant demand for a roleplaying forum since I joined the forum, though usually it was too small and Varrock Library catered to the need. But in more recent times the demand has grown stronger, so when people asked Tip It obliged and I stepped up to moderate. It was really that simple.

hawkxs: I'm not really sure anymore, but it was the Forum Updates and Suggestions forum where the idea originated. We had a lot of support from the users and from a few mods as well. The topic is lost to the ages, sadly, I can't find it.

who_am_i: Rusco. Hands down.

hextriplet: Well.... it's the only RP I'm in: Project Desiral, it's really good. It mixes WW2 era with sci-fi.

archimage_a: Rusco.

hawkxs: The Lost Library was a very well thought out and fun one, but I have to say Rusco is the biggest and the best, just because of the way it works. Project Desiral is a really interesting one and is turning out to be pretty cool.

who_am_i: There's always crazy stuff happening in this library. However, a bunch of us met at Malburg's Inn in Rusco, and now we get to see how Archi reacts to a bunch of primitive people who use bows and spears, instead of the futuristic weapons from his world.

hextriplet: Yeah... in Project Desiral I'm in prison... lol, archimage's character knocked me out and dragged me there, I need to find a way to escape.

hawkxs: Well, in Rusco, Archi is in an Inn and a couple of us are heading to meet him there. We're not really sure what the rest of the people are doing. Zeplo was recently restarted, and Project Desiral is going strong and is developing some interesting plot without much effort.

archimage_a: A list of sane things would probably be shorter. Hmmm, well I just agreed to sing a song and post in on the web, so that is probably the crazist thing so far, though not by much.

hextriplet: Well you first have to read the rules (This is to stop people not knowing how to rp when they join) and then send them in your own words to Archimage_a who'll review them and hopefully say yes :P Then post in discussion to tell everyone you're new. That way we'll know you're a new member of the Falador Library community.

who_am_i: First, you offer a lamb to the Black god of the Underworld. Then, you send the rules, with every word backwords but everything otherwise correct, to Archimage_a, who will either accept or decline, depending on how he feels.

hawkxs: There's a sticky that's listed later in the feature, but basically you PM Archi telling him you've read the rules and know them. (the rules are also linked to in the links section).

archimage_a: You read the rules, rewrite them in your own style and send them to me then I say yea come in.

hawkxs: Falador is really awesome and I'd encourage you to become a part of it. If you have some good ideas for role plays or want to join in on one, or come be a part of Rusco, you should definitely join us. Even just take a look at the forums (you do need to be logged in to do so). Oh, and we're a little crazy here, as should be apparent by our Forum Feature.

who_am_i: If you play any Forum Games other than the counting games, or you enjoy the quests of Runescape, then the Falador Library would be fun for you, simply because it works in much the same way as some of them.

archimage_a: We do exactly what it says on the tin. Roleplay.

hextriplet: Join! its really fun. I'm making my own RP so if you join Falador Library join that :P. Rusco seems really good but I haven't tried it yet. It's really fun roleplaying, you should definitely try it out.

hawkxs: I'm glad to be a part of it!

hextriplet: :twss: Thanks, well. I'll always give as much time as I can to Falador.

who_am_i: Any time, any time.

archimage_a: Archimage Away!

Hi, and thanks for offering your time to tell us a little about the Falador Library.

What else would i waste that five minutes on? its my holidays. anyway, your welcome for thanking me. anyway, i'll do nearly anything (don't get any idea's) to get more people into falador library

well... really, as soon as I created an acount on Tip.it I looked for roleplaying as i've done it before on the runescape forums and i found it quite fun, I realised it was not there until i found falador library.... what could it be, maybe it was a meeting place for people within runescape. I didn't know, i slowly moved mouse over the text, it highlighted... I clicked! and then i realised that I had to register, I Pmed Archimage the rules written in my own words and hesitated at first to join an roleplay but I joined project desiral as soon as it started and it is really fun.

you roleplay, its like telling a story but with many diffrent writers, its really fun to do because your only effecting your character, its like bieng a story writer apart from less then half the work and one hundred times the fun

well, there are tons of ways of roleplaying, you can roleplay in games and on a tabletop with funny dice and complicated xp systems.... which is seen to most people as sad (depends whether there wearing costumes). well the thing with forum roleplaying is you can really do what you want in an RP it can be set in the future in the past, a million miles underground or thousands of leagues away in space. it can be set with an alternate history, you can do what you like. your not held by the constraints of playing a game. the only limit is your imagination... and trust me, no-one here is short of that.

How did the idea come about? [prob me and archi answer this the best]

Duh.......

well.... its the only RP i'm in project desiral, its really good. it mixes WW2 era with sci-fi

yeh... in project desiral i'm in prison... lol, archimage's character knocked me out and dragged me there, i need to find a way to escape

well you first have to read the rules (This is to stop people not knowing how to rp when they join) and then send them in your own words to Archimage_a who'll review them and hopefully say yes :P then post in discussion to tell everyone your new. that way we'll know your a new member of falador library community

Join! its really fun. i'm making my own RP so if you join falador library join that :P. Rusco seems really good but i haven't tried it yet. its really fun roleplaying, you should definatly try it out

:twss: thanks, well. i'll always give as much time as I can to falador.

meatlover.png

Ok...Against my better judgement I have made a singing version. Be aware that this is the 20th attempt at doing it, occasionally singing the original, and my English accent really got in the way and so I ended up almost whisper to the microphone, though my voice still tried to break a few times. Anyway. Feel free to laugh, cry, use it to make a You Tube video(the video must be within Tip It rules and be related to the song).

http://www.freewebs.com/amapciv/Most%20terrible%20track%20ever.wav

(It sounds a little bit(not much) more upbeat than the original, partly because I am not terribly depressed, but also because the tale he(I) tell is not one of sadness but of hopefullness)

In any case hopefully some other people will now do a version and then we can mix them up, maybe doing one verse each.

Also the video, I have an idea. The main character could be walking though Falador singing the song, and at the end of the first verse enters a building(the Faladorian), in the second verse sits down at a bench, table, chair(If we have a house?) or stands at the bar talking the bartender, singing the second and third verse. Then turns to the bar room and adresses the others there for the 4th and 5th verse. The final verse he runs outside and proclaims that there is a house in Falador.

The instrumental bits could be filled with the Lumbridge organ, not to mention some random dancing from Falador Library members. Maybe even some 'Stat Cards'(Cards with Stats of Falador Characters or members on, EG: below(please use your imagination)) just to grab people's attention.

306px-Star_control_i_earthling_cruiser_databank.png

Xoex Aquanas

Strength: 7/10

Energy: 9/10

Speed: 2/10

Power: 10/10

Intelligence: 8/10

I'm going to try... Not even sure if my microphone works though.

Anyone want to get a screen recorder and get the shots for the video? I can do stills but not video.

[hide=Faladorian script.]:Enter Falador:

(0:17)

There is

a house

in Fal-lador

(0:23)

They call

it the

Fal-dorian

(0:29)

And it's been

the savoir

of many

a Scaper

(0:36)

And God

I know

I'm one

:Enter Bar:

(0:52)

My mother

(W)'ill be a Sailor

:Speak with Bartender:

(0:59)

Sold her new

Hatchet

(1:05)

My father was

a merchant

man

(1:13)

Down in

Fal-lador

:Address Patrons:

(1:28)

Now the only thing

That a merchant needs

(1:35)

Is a suitcase

and trunk

(1:41)

And the only

time that he is satisfied

(1:48)

Is when

he's talking

Bunk

:Address Patrons:

(3:14)

Well I got

One tab

For Crafting

(3:20)

My other's

For the beer

(3:26)

I'm going

Back

To Fal-lador

(3:32)

To write

Another

Tale

:Run Outside:

(3:48)

WELL THERE IS

A HOUSE

IN FAL-LADOR

(3:54)

THEY CALL

THE FAL-DORIAN

(4:00)

AND ITS BEEN

THE SAVOIR

OF MANY A

SCAPER

(4:07)

AND GOD

I KNOW

I'M ONE[/hide]

Me singing it... http://rapidshare.com/files/274411116/craziness.wav

Created a clan chat. if you're on rs and feel like talking to us:

Clan Chat (Fallylibrary): hawk0078 (mine)

If your RSN isn't public but you want to be in the clan, pm it to me.

Will be adding current members who have their RSNs listed in their profiles to my friends list, but anyone is welcome in it.

Is now Clan Chat (fallylibrary): fallylibrary not hawk0078. Archi and I have kick powers, anyone else can pm me if they want a random rank though.

Created a clan chat. if you're on rs and feel like talking to us:

Clan Chat (Fallylibrary): hawk0078 (mine)

If your RSN isn't public but you want to be in the clan, pm it to me.

Will be adding current members who have their RSNs listed in their profiles to my friends list, but anyone is welcome in it.

thats a great idea :P. i'm in it right now.

i'm going to put that in my sig.

meatlover.png

Motto IDEAS:

Craziness is a work in progress.

A new world has dawned.

Falador Library.... Where Worlds Collide

Putting the last one on the CC banner

Could have something to do with the Faladorian...as a fictional building in Falador, where we are supposedly meeting. If anyone is any good at RS graphics it would make a good pic.

So like that old personality test type thingys where we made up crap. This one is actually semi-official. Based on the Myers-Briggs one only its free and is fairly accurate. (there's also one on facebook, i took it and also got intj).

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I got:

Your Type is

INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

Strength of the preferences %

44 75 88 89

INTP

Introverted(wrong)

Intuitive(wrong)

Thinking(Semi-right)

Perceiving(Right)

Strength of the preferences %

78 38 62 11

Analytical and Aware would be my choice of words. In my mind the process of thinking cannot be engaged while the mouth is, nor can it be engaged while the brain is, but instead it can only be done when one is on their own.

To learn one just be given two things, knowladge and time, only when applied sequentially can wisdom be found, or else only intellect and intellect will be demolished within days of finding it when some new idea comes to the foreground.

In short you must develop your subconscience as well as your conscience mind.

Also judgement is reserved for those who know what they are judging, typically this means only themselves.

Regarding the heading things: Omnitech made them and they match the TET theme, so I'm going to try to make other ones for the Forum Feature. Also I haven't heard back from Mirrorforced, but I did hear from Omnitech. So not sure about it happening yet, just know that I need to make new headings.

EDIT: Sorry I just need to say this. I freaking love my orange name. (ERG NO SMILIES!) Okay I'm done now.

Regarding the heading things: Omnitech made them and they match the TET theme, so I'm going to try to make other ones for the Forum Feature. Also I haven't heard back from Mirrorforced, but I did hear from Omnitech. So not sure about it happening yet, just know that I need to make new headings.

EDIT: Sorry I just need to say this. I freaking love my orange name. (ERG NO SMILIES!) Okay I'm done now.