Fighting the big guys.

Dragoon5464

So, I've been wanting for a long time to get in some more boss soloing. I know KBD can be good fun by meself. Thing is, I've never done GWD or DKs even as a group.

Take a look down at my stat sig, then hop back up here. Note the <68 sum and the <70 agil. Here's what I'm looking to do:

• Hopefully, get a quick rundown of how to fight all the major bosses with some trustworthy folks (Certain Hyt chatters, I'm talkin' to you.)

Get the cash for all the stuff I don't have that everybody else 100+ seems to have comin' out their bums, like a Gs, a Dfs, Bandos, etc.

If I need to get other things out of the way first, like getting certain armors, find out what's the quickest way to get them done.

Here's what I've got to work with (or the handicaps to work around, if you like) :oops: :

• 12 mil cash.

Access to TD's, if anyone thinks they'd be a good idea.

Full Guthan's. (I'm probably going to be a whiny little [something] if people suggest I risk it on my first trip somewhere, because I luvs it. <3: )

Whip.

Iron defender and slightly more than zero Warrior's Guild tickets.

Dragon square. (self-sufficiency obsession, got both halves meself -.- )

Quest cape/obsidian cape. Nowhere near a 99, trimmed or no. Fire cape may be do-able.

Helm of Neitiz.

Enhanced Excal for healing.

NO full void anything and no points at the moment.

NO Gs, Ss, or Zs.

NO Dfs. (that's the first thing I wanna buy)

As for armor top and bottom...let's just act like I have nothing, kay? Suggest.

So, then:

• If you think I can pull off some boss group trips to help aid the cash flow, which boss(es) should I go to, what method should I use, and what inventory/equipment will I need?

If I should work on getting rune defender, what's the fastest ticket earner at Warrior's Guild without throwing my atk/str/def terribly out of sync?

If I should work on summoning for bunyips before trying anything, what's the fastest way to 68 from 63, preferably without losing cash?

If I should play PC to work on full Void, which set am I after (range?), and how long can I expect 1000-ish points to take me?

If I should get fire cape, what inventory and equipment should I use? (inventory is probably covered, thanks Bacon) How long will it take me at my given levels?

If I should need to do several of these things, what's top priority?

Lastly, slightly off-topic, what exactly is prayflashing, just flicking on and off fast enough that it doesn't drain?

Anyone willing to act as a mentor of sorts would be much appreciated. My private is on whenever I am.

Dragoon5464.png

well... i can only give answer to one of these things,

the rune defender: should you probably go with mithril animated armour, lvl 92 and drops 25 tokens at a time.

if you train controlled your def,str and att will be same ;)

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

Well, looking at your gear and stats, my suggestion would be to try and go on some bandos trips. In general, all you have to do is pray range and attack graardor. Your tank should take care of the rest. I should be going on some bandos trips soon so I'll invite you if you're on. :thumbsup: Dks is also relatively easy, but I would say you have a higher chance of dying there than at bandos.

The first item I suggest you buy is definitely a dfs. Then you should work towards a bgs. And if you really want to get ahead of yourself bandos armor should be bought for normal mosters.

[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/pianist4/sig.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/pianist4/GrilledCat1.png[/img]
[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/pianist4/siggygangsterpiano.jpg[/img]

Ohai dragoon. Lets answer some questions, shall we? I'm not that pro at anything, but I'll do my best

[hide=my noob answers]If you think I can pull off some boss group trips to help aid the cash flow, which boss(es) should I go to, what method should I use, and what inventory/equipment will I need?

-You probably might not want to trust my answer because I'm not a pro at gwding, but you could try starting with to some masses at any boss (bandos is probably an easy mass) to get a foothold in boss hunting, see which one you like best or one that is easiest for your budget, then attend normal team trips. The good part about masses is that you can gain some lsp while getting experienced in how to hunt that boss. Your supplies won't dry quickly because there are loads of other people to take damage besides you, and you might get lucky and score something nice. Once you gain experience in boss hunting, choose your favorite. The easiest is said to be bandos so you can try going there for a bit, a cheapish and very effective setup that I like to use is full Veracs (unless you'd prefer to wear good armor and borrow a godsword). There are plenty of guides for the proper setup for bandos.

If I should work on getting rune defender, what's the fastest ticket earner at Warrior's Guild without throwing my atk/str/def terribly out of sync?

-Attacking animated armor sets is said to be the fastest. Choose the attack styles to fight them according to the ways you want your stats balanced.

If I should work on summoning for bunyips before trying anything, what's the fastest way to 68 from 63, preferably without losing cash?

-I don't think its possible to break even with summoning, but in my opinion the best thing is bloated leeches. They cost a lot of spirit shards (117) but the exp they give saves you a lot of money compared to using twice the amount in gold or green charm pouches. They require crimson charms, so if you can rack up around 1.3k crims from slayer (the cheapest way to get charms), you're set. The 2nds aren't too expensive, raw beef. You can run from the bank in ooglog to the meat seller right across and buy the beef for a bit cheaper than GE price (which is good because it's very hard to buy beef in the ge) and you'll have all the meat you need in around 15minutes.

If I should play PC to work on full Void, which set am I after (range?), and how long can I expect 1000-ish points to take me?

-The best estimates say that getting the points for full void is about 15hrs, and range is pretty good followed by melee. Range can be used in a lot of places while melee is only good at corp beasts, hallying, and in combat where you take no damage (like praying against monsters). The problem with the last one is that if you're doing it for slayer, you're better off with a slayer helm and good def armor.

If I should get fire cape, what inventory and equipment should I use? (inventory is probably covered, thanks Bacon) How long will it take me at my given levels?

-This I can't advise you on, I have yet to get a fire cape myself.

If I should need to do several of these things, what's top priority? I think the rune defender because it won't take too long and is very useful, followed by getting the 68 summ, then using wartortoise (67 summ) at gwd. You could squeeze fire cape before GWD if you want, and void isn't really a huge priority imo.

Lastly, slightly off-topic, what exactly is prayflashing, just flicking on and off fast enough that it doesn't drain?

-Exactly. With good timing (like that which I possess) you can do entire slayer tasks without using a single prayer point and without taking damage (with pray melee flash) unless you mess up once or twice and get hit. I only pray melee flash on tough monsters like metal dragons, wyvernsm and black demons. For all other tasks I prefer piety flash so that I can do some extra damage and finish the task a lot faster.[/hide]

Hope I helped!

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

well... i can only give answer to one of these things,

the rune defender: should you probably go with mithril animated armour, lvl 92 and drops 25 tokens at a time.

if you train controlled your def,str and att will be same ;)

Actually, it will be much more effective to do the shotput after using the sal[bleep]er spring at Oo'glog to prevent it from draining your run energy. It won't throw anything out of sync because you barely get any xp from it.