Saradomin Sword?

Deltaer

Okay, I'm training strength, and am really getting tired of the scim+defender combo.

Should I upgrade to the SS? Is it worth it? Is it really as fast as the whip?

And most importantly, how much more xp/hr can I expect with it (say... training at armoured zombies or really anywhere in general).

I'm just having a hard time justifying spending 8mil on a weapon... I did buy my first whip for twice that much but I think it would bug me now.. especially cause I wouldn't mind spending that 8mil on prayer. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_id=7094 Here it says it shares the same speed as the whip and scim.. but the whip is faster than the scim is it not? Which is it?

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Post your strength level :P

The obsidian combo is a decent combo depending where you train - usually better for low-def / grinding monsters.

However if you have the money and have enough left over if you buy it, yeah, get an SS. It attacks at the same speed of a Whip, but is 2 handed, and hits less accurately.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Post your strength level :P

The obsidian combo is a decent combo depending where you train - usually better for low-def / grinding monsters.

However if you have the money and have enough left over if you buy it, yeah, get an SS. It attacks at the same speed of a Whip, but is 2 handed, and hits less accurately.

Sorry - I'm 91 attack, 91 strength, 87 defence and 91 hp.

What's the obsidian combo...? [scim+Obby shield?]

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

At armoured zombies I get 80-100k str xp per hour and yes it is as fast as a whip.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

SS is as fast if not slightly faster than whip and is an outstanding strtength training wweapon especially at your strength.i have been using it for some time now and it is absolutely excellent!! leaves d scim behind, super set deals with the slight nudge down on accuracy. it is also on the way up so a good investment me thinks:P

Matt the cup

matt_the_cup.png

Barrows: Dharoks Greataxe, verac's Flail, Bolt Racks, Dragon Med

KBD: 1 X Draconic Vissage (50-50) (18/5/09), 2 X KBD heads(26/5/09 and 11/06/09) 4 X Dragon Med, dragonstone,

Treasure Trails: Rune items: 99+, Sara Shield: 1, Guthix Pl8: 1, Saradomin Stole: 1, Sara page, zammy page 2, Random items eg Mahogony Planks/runes: Countless:P

PvP items: 1X Dark Bow, 3X Dragon items, 1X corrupt dragon dagger, Mny rune/random items

Whip is excellent and the best training xp per hour melee in the game exc. Str.

Obby combo is just a tad better than D scim and defender, but Obby sword and Berserker ring isnt as good as SS.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

If you want to train only strength, SS is very, very good. XP wise, whip + defender is better, but it doesn't train only strength.

I usually train on controlled, so I get strength xp anyways.

Obsidian necklace + obsidan sword < SS.

The main downside of a SS is that you loose the shield spot, but as said before, potting up should compensate for that a bit. Since it has a crush attack (which the whip lacks) I use it for waterfiends and gargoyles mostly.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

The Sara Sword gives experience exactly as fast as a whip without a defender. It's the best weapon for training strength (and the best weapon for fighting waterfiends, but that's not important right now). If you're going for 99 strength and you can afford it, then you might as well buy it, use it until you get 99, and re-sell it afterwards.