The Firm movie

pennygrean

Loosely adapted from Alan Clarkes 1989 classic TV film, Nick Loves film is set earlier in the 80s and retells a similar story to the original but from a different characters point of view. The film centres on Dom, a young wannabe football casual, who gets drawn into the charismatic but dangerous world of the firms top boy, Bex.

Accepted for his fast mouth and sense of humour, Dom soon becomes one the boys. But as Bex and his gang clash with rival firms across the country and the violence spirals out of control, Dom realises he wants out until he learns its not that easy to simply walk away.

Humorous, heart warming and set to a killer jazz funk 80s soundtrack, The Firm is a classic coming of age story set amongst one of Englands most revered tribes

This one will probably be better.

1028-1.jpg

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bloody hate football hooliganism movies. Even worse than the "Genre" movies. Not because the films themselves are inherently bad, but because every time one comes out, (see Greenstreet, Football factory, ect,) you get hordes of idiots thinking its funny to repeat every goddam line of the film over and over in a bad imitation of whatever accent it is that the guys in the film had. GAH!

Tk5SF.png

• 4 months later...

Watched this last night and enjoyed it despite the fact that I can't stand football. Saying that, the film really doesn't have anything to do with the sport at all, much like the Alan Clark version which I loved when I first saw it on TV all those years ago.

Well acted all round and the period setting and costumes were a treat, also some of the dialogue is priceless with some really funny terms of phrase from the Londoners, most of which I'd never heard before which made them even more comical.