My goal, The almighty mining skillcape

78 mining currently :)

when you click this you might actually think: what an intense and deep title does this topic have. Yes it does :D well, lets move on to where this is all about, My ultimate goal of an trimmed mining skillcape :D You might think, Why the *** would he want that cape? I just like mining (it's that low cuz I'm always busy doing other things and the xp is slow) and the cape, Well it looks just Awesome :thumbsup:

I wanted to trim it with fletching, but for now, i really HATE fletching. So no 99 fletching atm... (i still like mining ^^)

stats at the time i decided i might expand this blog after my goal is completed(24-10-2009):

fsdfds.png

currently:

PurplSlayR.png

Most recent goal lvl up :

most recent other lvl ups :

hmm... not any I now i can post.. but hey, if i get one, I'll post ^^

Goal progress:

PurplSlayr.png

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

finally!!!!

another aspiring 99 miner who does it for the love of the skill!

GOOOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

as for your trimmer...crafting, definitely. you want to TRIM the mining cape, not TAINT it

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Good luck! Maybe try alternating skills to relieve boredom from fletching and to prevent any daunting thoughts of getting 99 mining from 66. :ohnoes:

For example maybe at 85 get 70 mining, at 90 fletching get 75 mining etc. If you do this then you could be beginning your 2nd 99 already in the 80s, which helps alot! (I would never consider a 99 unless its 80+, except when I got cooking...but thats cooking for ya ;) )

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

thx fore reading guys :)

yeah, I think I will start mining soon, when i reach 85 fletching or something. Couldn't do anything on it today, as I was out of town all day. I plan om maybe getting mining to 70 and then maybe fletching to 90, and then mining to 75 or something... I just see how things work out :P

one question for you guys, once I hit 85 I am sure I'm going to try out runite mining, what's the best method? is wildy crowded in p2p? or should I just check both p2p and f2p worlds when trying to mine runite? are there any chances of getting a full inventory within an hour at heroes guild?

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! You couldn't have picked a better cape to try for. :thumbsup: =D>

As xxxgod pointed out, we need more people getting 99 Mining for the right reasons. As for the cape, heck yes it looks awesome! <3:

I'm glad you're not underestimating Mining. It's definitely a slow skill (but still the best imo), but you should make good progress once you start "hitting" :lol: the granite.

Good luck! :D

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Haven't been online in the past few days, so didn't get any progress.

today I finished my last bows and sold them on G.E, But i didn't feel like buying new bows (only 60k till 85) so I visisted lunar Isle and activated my lunar spell book :D and now i'm on my way to the granite mine thing :thumbsup: I think I'll stay there until 70/75 and then go back to fletching...

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

That's great. Granite gives the fastest mining Xp.

I don't know if your Runecrafting is high enough, but you might want to think about getting an enchanted water tiara. You charge it with water runes and you don't have to carry around waterskins. I understand that they're a big help in the desert.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

That's great. Granite gives the fastest mining Xp.

I don't know if your Runecrafting is high enough, but you might want to think about getting an enchanted water tiara. You charge it with water runes and you don't have to carry around waterskins. I understand that they're a big help in the desert.

It amazed me how fast granite actually is :D I already have lunar spells, and i'm to lazy to quest tbh :oops: thx for your posts so far :thumbsup:

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

Yay, :mrgreen: today I got 70 mining =) took me a few hours in that hot desert, but I made it through :)

although i have had some trouble, annoying crasher attemps, people asking for help and a system update.

Warning! Big picture below

[hide=]naamloosaa.png[/hide]

to not get bored, I have decided to do some minigame stuff :) I'm going to get my smithing to 60 and then go to Blast Furnace (Dan's Guide is great :thumbsup: ) making some mithril bolts which i can use for fletching :mrgreen:

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

Ok, I'm slaying right now, doesn't fit in the whole 99 picture right?

My plan is to get 300 points, with wich i can buy the ability to fletch broad arrows :mrgreen:

So that would be no more annoying G.E trade limits when trying to make bolts, and I even profit of it :D

Wish me luck :mrgreen:

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

get crackin on mining. the longer you wait, the more daunting the task looks

modmarkl.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have not been active on this for a long time... but i didn't play rs much, so I dont think it makes that much difference ^^

Currently I'm stuck in that old basement fletching bows (at least no more afkers ^^) 89 currently ^^ yay

when i have 99 I think I'm buying a dragon pick, and bring myself, my drag pick, my skillcape and some waterskins to the desert. Think I will train there until 78/80 and then go to the concentrated ore deposits.

wish me luck ^^

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

Good luck with 99 Fletching & Mining, they are two hawt skills that are definitely worth having capes for. <3:

What's up with the last few posts btw?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Good luck with 99 Fletching & Mining, they are two hawt skills that are definitely worth having capes for. <3:

What's up with the last few posts btw?

ty ^^

dunno, they are smaller and all to the right? I was thinking i was the only one that was seeing that

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

get crackin!

modmarkl.jpg

220 k till 92 fletching, and then im halfway (with my fletching goal...) yay ^^ however, currently I am standing in the wizard tower(sandwich lady... AARRGHHH) so I have to run buck to lumby... why am i on lunar... :( I was thinking of a simple update to this blog... from now on i will post my most recent lvl up in my first post i think ^^ (pictures... who doesn't love them? ^^)

school starts again in 2 days... at least the autumn vacation was nice ^^ and I have vacation again in 2 months so... I won't complain that much... ^^

Do you guys think mining granite till 80 and then concentrated gold all the way to 99 is a good method? according to tip.it calc. i will also net around 80 mill from this, is this correct?

anyway, if you read this, thanks =)

"get crackin!"

sorry, still going to get 99 fletch first <3: noob cape ^^, not that i will ever think that again, because it still takes a lot of time

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

93 fletching ! =) can't wait when I get 99 and mine in it proud =) I will upload a picture tomorrow I think, got to do some homework... =( xp rates each day will also be less as i need to spend more and more time to school, which will be much less in a few weeks, when i had most of the tests (stupid teachers all do them in a few weeks)

I got a reply from the queen of mining herself :thumbsup: She has also been one big inspiration for me ^^

picture:

asdasda.png

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

the queen shouldve said "dont use concentrated" :P

but in all honesty, you shouldnt, not if you truly want 99 in the skill.

modmarkl.jpg

the queen shouldve said "dont use concentrated" :P

but in all honesty, you shouldnt, not if you truly want 99 in the skill.

are you saying I should kill myself on the granite? you hate me!! :( :cry:

I just look what i will do... and eventually i will get 99 :P

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png