Lag Issues

The_Fray

Well here is the deal, I am on a very poor connection. By poor I mean 500kbps download. Now the biggest problem I have is I cannot upgrade, I am stuck with this awful connection. So whenever someone in the house starts downloading anything (like a youtube video), I start to lag really bad. It is very annoying to have you click something and your character take 2-3 second just to respond. Any solutions to my problem other than upgrading my connection. And are there any tips to at least reduce this lag in game?

Edit: Its late and I have to go to bed. I will check the thread tommorow, thanks.

i don't really think so.... i guess prevent downloading stuff when you are playing is the only way....

since this is not a computer problem anyway...it's a connection problem. And connection cannot be improved unless you upgrade it.. or buy an expensive router with speedboost, like D link 655 one is a good one, boost up my cable speed by a lot, also cost $100. But i don't think it's gonna help that much in your case since your connection is amazingly slow...

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

I have a 25 KB/s dl speed. Don't cry.
Nice.

I was on a 512kbps connection for a year and I never had any problems with other people streaming videos or direct downloads; torrents however, will kill anyone's bandwidth in an instant if they don't have the proper caps in place.

I have a 25 KB/s dl speed. Don't cry.
Nice.

I was on a 512kbps connection for a year and I never had any problems with other people streaming videos or direct downloads; torrents however, will kill anyone's bandwidth in an instant if they don't have the proper caps in place.

This gives me some hope, is there anything I can do to somehow cap the amount of bandwidth that someone else in the house is using?

Sorry if that didnt make sense, I dont know much about computers.

It is possible that your ISP caps your bandwidth and just slows it after your over. Even then RuneScape isn't downloading much the thing would be latency. That is the time it take to communicate with servers or other computers.