Video Editing

b1ue0wnzz

Well I've recently been editing some vids (mostly rs vids, but none the less, vids.) And I've been wondering, what software do you guys use? I personally use Sony Vegas Pro 9, but i know people that use final cut X and Adobe cs4 premiere with after effects.

SO, Which software do you preffer? I personally preffer sony vegas because it is quite user friendly.

--And also I need some help. I'ma noob at video editing... so when I render my vids what should I render it as? I've been doing (.mp4) files with best video quality and default template... but default template looks like the vid surrounded by a black border on youtube... so what should I render as to make the vid take the entire youtube screen?

This should belong in Tech and Computers, not OT :thumbup:

And I really don't do any video editing, and if I did, it would be with Windows Movie Maker.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Personally, I use Camtasia Studio 5 (6 is gay since you can't render as .flv).

Anyhow, for web vids you're best to render as some kind of flash format (prob flv) of size 640x480.

And, make sure you have no black space in the video, otherwise that will be in the final product.

If your mostly doing simple things like RS videos there is no reason to shell out the money for final cut or any expensive video editing software imo. Youtube I believe converts videos to widescreen (16:9 ratio) but I honestly don't use youtube at all. I use iMovie & Premiere Pro CS4 for video editing but I actually edit real movies for school (I'm a film student).

tFtfA.jpg

If your mostly doing simple things like RS videos there is no reason to shell out the money for final cut or any expensive video editing software imo. Youtube I believe converts videos to widescreen (16:9 ratio) but I honestly don't use youtube at all. I use iMovie & Premiere Pro CS4 for video editing but I actually edit real movies for school (I'm a film student).

Who said anything about paying?

Who said anything about paying?

Stick to Windows Movie Maker then. If your only intent is to record your screen and post it online (with minimal editing) anything you pay for (or pirate as you suggest) is a waste of time even pirating. As you buy (or pirate) for the use of it's additional tools. If you have no intention of using them, then there's no point getting it to begin with, right?

If you want HD on YouTube, and crystal clear quality, then make sure you record in-game in fullscreen @ 1280 x 720 game resolution (not your monitors), and then when you go to render make sure it's in any of the recommended file formats except mp3/mp4 for video and the resolution to render is at 1280 x 720. May also want to make sure in Vegas that your project settings are at 1280 x 720 as well.

For Vegas or mainly for WMM when you render just render it as Windows Video 720p or the Windows XboX Video 720p. These two work the best in my opinion and are what I used in my Left 4 Dead vids.

And really Rick, getting a zipped version takes like half an hour for vegas alone. And it's not entirely that bad to have Vegas over WMM, when even the simple things like 'transitions' (that hardly get used in vegas) are larger in the variety, as well as the effects. Using WMM you're limited to the amount of effects, unless you get add-on FX's, which are far more of a hassle than just downloading something.