Outstanding Authors (Idea in the works, I need feedback!)

Blipo

Ok.. So I have this idea where I go through the boards and I pull out the names of people who have really good ideas, people who have really bad ideas, people who are good critiques, etc, and make a list of them - for reference by other people. If, like me, you just browse these forums looking for a good read, you could look at this list, and see that X_poster_X has very interesting ideas. So you go into search, type in his name, select the Runescape Discussions & Suggestions forums, and read his topics.

You could also see that Mr. A has a reputation for having bad ideas, so you watch out for his topics.

Ok, so it's only an idea - opinions please?

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

Just say me name.

Bubsa and Outersanity, are good at poking holes in anyones idea, unless its a micro change to rs

no no, bubsa is just a critical person :D

Many thanks :D

Just say me name.

Bubsa and Outersanity, are good at poking holes in anyones idea, unless its a micro change to rs

You're good at nonsensical arguments, stupid ideas and choking on your own words.

Very true.

You know, it's not hard to poke holes in your ideas when there's more holes than swiss cheese in them. I'm not here to accept totally inept thinking. Seeing as a lot of the posts here are not very good, you see me "poke holes" a lot.

Rofl. This apparently has turned into "flame Archimage hour".

This post suthors idea is interesting, but there's something similar to this called the index. It's some other idea on some other post by some author that I can't really remember (well this is helpful) that sorts posts by topic, and rates them. It's a lot more fair for authors than this. As hard as it is for me to say this, Archimage does have a few good ideas. However if ye tacked this onto the index, and only put authors that are truly outstanding, then this idea would be helpful I think.

Abutebaris modo subjunctivo denuo.

newscapere4.gif

grammar2gr8dx.png

I demand a Bubsa shrine/forum :)

You and many others like vmser always have something to criticise :lol:

Its funny to watch people squerm under his all powerful wrath! :evil:

Theres a fat chance that most anyone has ever 'squermed' under his 'all powerfull wrath.

If you give him a forum then I want one too.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I demand a Bubsa shrine/forum :)

You and many others like vmser always have something to criticise :lol:

Its funny to watch people squerm under his all powerful wrath! :evil:

Theres a fat chance that most anyone has ever 'squermed' under his 'all powerfull wrath.

If you give him a forum then I want one too.

You get nothing for you insolence.

Btw, this idea could be a Hall of Fame sort of deal. We could vote on their posts like stars (out of 5) for how much we like it. The person who accumulates the most stars is the leader. Therefore, it should introduce more well-thought-out posts. :wink:

knkcopy.jpg

Rofl. This apparently has turned into "flame Archimage hour".

This post suthors idea is interesting, but there's something similar to this called the index. It's some other idea on some other post by some author that I can't really remember (well this is helpful) that sorts posts by topic, and rates them. It's a lot more fair for authors than this. As hard as it is for me to say this, Archimage does have a few good ideas. However if ye tacked this onto the index, and only put authors that are truly outstanding, then this idea would be helpful I think.

That was me...

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

While the Id in me yearns for a Bubsa forum, the super-ego compells me to answer poor Blipo's question, seeing how far off topic we've come.

In relation to the question it's an interesting though but may cause a lot more problems than it would solve. While general consensus may favour X to be a good poster, Y may think that s/he's not. They'll always be an ideographic view which makes it near impossible to generalise. X, Y or Z may also become offended by such branding. There is no karma system or feedback system on tip.it, which I feel would be the only solution into determining who posts validly or invalidly. Besides, you can more or less judge who is making valuable posts in the forums.

It pains me to say this but, after all, we're all equal :x