Farming Questions - Experienced Farmers Required

Dexek

I am curious to get back into farming after a 1 year+ break. I keep reading that snapdragon/yew/calquat/palm break even. I am wondering if this is with one run of snapdragons per day, or with multiple runs throughout the day.

Secondly, I would like to know if an increased farming level helps to prevent a plant from becoming diseased and dying. Is there no difference in death rates of a crop from 1 to 99 farming? I would appreciate either a reference to a J-mod stating this or multiple statements from avid farmers (preferrably herb farmers).

Thanks in advance. Your replies are much appreciated. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Yews - 425k/day (if you plant 5)

Palms - 525k/day

Calquat - 40k/day

Snapdragon runs are about 125k profit (6.7 average) at the moment, add like 8k from marigolds and 7k from cactus to that and you have 140k/run. You'd have to do 7 herb runs a day for this method to break even, if you'd do that you'd get 121k xp/day. This is assuming you don't pay for yews and 1/8th of them die.

Once you can plant a tree/herb/crop/whatever, the death rate will always be the same whatever your level is. Only supercompost or something affects it.

2dvjurb.png

If your going to farm and not want to lose money then farm snaps, pineapples, maples, and marigolds. Do Manage thy kingdom daily and you should profit from farming. Thats what I've did so far, cept now all I do is snaps and marigolds.

Low_C.png

Your farming level does not affect the death rate. I was farming irits to train my herblore, and at 75 farm, they weren't much different than at 50 farm. Though I can't confirm on this, for some reason, i feel that my herbs were dieing more as of late, I've had 5 runs of at least one plant dieing. Though it might just be my luck.

And don't pay for your yews, as each payment is close to 30k. But whether paying for calquats is up to you. You can add a poison ivy run each day to fund for calquats, or you can just not pay for it. However, the calquats take a whole day to grow, and thats 13k exp every day, I'd rather have the exp than wait another day if the tree dies.

Staurolite.png