Guild Wars 2 - Official release date 8/28, 8/25 for pre-purchasers

Guthorm

The awesome that is the mesmer will be hard to beat though. I hope this game is released a long time after Diablo 3 though.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I'm letting my expectations get as high as they are... but I can't help it. I know that I'm just setting myself up for huge disappointment... but I don't care.

Haha I don't know. I have watched the little video clips of the different professions on Guild Wars 2's website. I have to say, even though the clips are about 10-15 seconds long, they look amazing! :blink: My expectations are high as well. Hopefully no disappointment! lol..

Big_Stingman.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you have played enough Guild Wars, or any other MMO with healers, you've sat around waiting for the right mix of professions before being able to continue. Or you loaded into Random Arena and both teams had two monks (or they had a monk and you didn't), and you already knew the outcome of that game 99% of the time. But we've all had those 4v4 Random Arena battles where neither team has had a healer. Instead of not being able to kill anyone or being forced to attack the monk first, you can actually think about who to target, when to use your defensive spells, where to position yourself on the battlefield, etc. From the highest level of PvP, to the sieges of World vs World, to PvE in the far reaching corners of Tyria, that level of creativity and tactical freedom is exactly what we want combat in Guild Wars 2 to be about.

OH YEAH, UNDERLINED PART=LOLOLOL MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN HEARD

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

That happened to me many times, I main a warrior. Whenever we get a good monk(not those crappy monks that spam healing breeze), we usually win 5+ games or so just because of the one monk. If we do not then we will ALWAYS lose when we face a team with a monk.

Hell once I got in a really good combination team, me=standard shock axe warrior, monk, ele and a memser. We steamrolled everyone, and then we faced the dreaded double monk team. I think we stalemated for about 10 minutes before we landed a lucky spike on one of the enemy(think it was a sin), then they just rage quitted.

Of course the next round we faced a really good team with a spear warrior that spammed stunning strike(or something) to the monk and we all got slaughtered. Just to show how important the monk is.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

If you have played enough Guild Wars, or any other MMO with healers, you've sat around waiting for the right mix of professions before being able to continue. Or you loaded into Random Arena and both teams had two monks (or they had a monk and you didn't), and you already knew the outcome of that game 99% of the time. But we've all had those 4v4 Random Arena battles where neither team has had a healer. Instead of not being able to kill anyone or being forced to attack the monk first, you can actually think about who to target, when to use your defensive spells, where to position yourself on the battlefield, etc. From the highest level of PvP, to the sieges of World vs World, to PvE in the far reaching corners of Tyria, that level of creativity and tactical freedom is exactly what we want combat in Guild Wars 2 to be about.

OH YEAH, UNDERLINED PART=LOLOLOL MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN HEARD

Neither team has healer = humbling every class. I remember those matches haha..

Big_Stingman.png

Ranger update, will edit the first post tomorrow. I did upload one image because it looks so beautiful.

"drools"

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

• 4 weeks later...

I only update the thread when something interesting to me has happened :P, if I update every single detail such as the personality and the voice overs the first post will be freaking huge.

So only like profession or core game play elements.

In other news it looks like there will be a new profession reveal this week, probably Wednesday. Right now it looks like to be some sort of gunner class.

11-1.jpg[

With everything we know so far I'm probably going water ele. But there is still sooo much information left :mrgreen:

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

New video today, I cannot upload the video yet because is not in youtube form :/, I did provide the link though.

EDIT: Video up, thanks to eurogamer who uploaded the video

11-1.jpg[

The guy who was in charge of the camera work for that trailer needs to get fired, talk about abusing (and miss-using) Dutch angles. Goddamn.

Game does look very cool though and it'll be very interesting to see how they manage to make each quest different and interesting, since no other MMO has succeeded with that. I have virtually read almost nothing about the game, but is it supposed to be as instanced as the original Guild Wars?

2009rb9.jpg

The guy who was in charge of the camera work for that trailer needs to get fired, talk about abusing (and miss-using) Dutch angles. Goddamn.

Game does look very cool though and it'll be very interesting to see how they manage to make each quest different and interesting, since no other MMO has succeeded with that. I have virtually read almost nothing about the game, but is it supposed to be as instanced as the original Guild Wars?

Fully persistent world, so nobody can complain about how is it not a MMORPG.

11-1.jpg[

I'm awaiting this eagerly, played the crap out of the first one (over 3k hours). Just hope my laptop can handle it, otherwise I'll need a new desktop. (which I wasn't planning on until 360 is no longer latest Xbox)

Preau.png

I am sure they stated somewhere that average computers will be handle it. Guild Wars one has amazing graphics and my crappy 5 year old computer can run it quite well.

11-1.jpg[

I'm awaiting this eagerly, played the crap out of the first one (over 3k hours). Just hope my laptop can handle it, otherwise I'll need a new desktop. (which I wasn't planning on until 360 is no longer latest Xbox)

What are the system requirements for Guild Wars 2?

The system requirements haven't been finalized, but just as with the original Guild Wars series, we're committed to creating a beautiful game that will play great on mid-range gaming PCs.

Guild Wars 2 will be designed to run on computers with mid-range gaming specifications, but will have higher requirements than the original Guild Wars.

All the information that has been released as to what computers will be able to run the game. My guess is something around 2GB RAM, a dual core, and an nVidia 8000 series or ATI equivalent. We will see.

Big_Stingman.png

THAT VIDEO

My sentiments exactly.

Saw this video on Digg and one of the comments explained the whole quest idea pretty well.

the way it works is each zone has a looping, branching script

take the centaur attack they mentioned: the script has the centaurs attack once every week or so, and if the players fail to defend, the centaurs take over the village and the players can no longer use it. then, the next part of the script will have the ousted villagers eventually gather up players to take the village back, if they succeed everything goes back to normal and script gets reset, meaning the same thing will happen next week. if the players fail, the script advances again and the next step is the local military stepping in and recruiting players for an all out assault on the centaur fortress, which will draw the centaurs out of the village until the next time they decide to attack.

each zone has a bunch of scripts like that, so you don't just grind the same event over and over.

Pretty amazing idea when you really think about it.

Anyways I'm really excited for this. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think Guild Wars 2 will really be a defining moment in MMOs from here on out if it succeeds or not. I really hope that Guild wars 2 will succeed though. Not just the fact that I want to play it but the fact that if it does well other game developers will take notice and stop making these dumb MMOs with kill quests.