iron/steel dragon guide

johnrulz77

er... hi :idea:

i just joined tip.it because earlier i had a steel dragon task for slayer and used the guide, when now it hit me for a way to stay there 2x as long... i think this would be good for slayer tasks without banking but you might run out of room for loot, for me i only took what i really wanted

you need 68 summoning

and 85+ melee stats (att/def/str/hp)

and 43 prayer (higher recommended to last longer)

so here goes:

the guide setup for monster hunting is:

905gp

dds(dragon dagger super posioned)

antifire potion x4

super strength x3

super attack x3

prayer potion x10

shark x2

1click tele

with 3 spots leftover, (pickup the axe in the brimhaven bar)

my idea (mainly the same with extra):

905gp

dds(dragon dagger super posioned)

antifire potion x4

super strength x3

super attack x3

prayer potion x10

shark x2

***2 war tortoise pouches***

1click tele

with 1 spot leftover, (pickup the axe in the brimhaven bar)

heres the plan, war tortoise holds 18 items, so have it hold the following:

antifire potion x4

super strength x2

super attack x2

prayer potion x10

(double the supplies, just 1 less super att/str)

heres the thing, theres an obelisk at the entrance to the drags, when ur tortoise is about 2 minutes to death or so, go, recharge, and renew it using one of the pouches,

repeat with the 2nd pouch.

this gives you double the supplies to kill, and you can use the tortoise to hold items too, (since after a while dragons stop being aggresive, you can take out the pots when needed, fill the slots with loot)

and with the tortoise, plus the 2 extra pouches, it'll last about 2 hours or so,

thats it folks, maybe you guys can expand, this is my first time ever thinking (or adding on) to a guide so...yeah..dont get mad if it sucks...

and also, if this doesnt belong in this forum then sorry ...

johnrulz77.png

It's A Good Idea But From what i here many like using fruit bats to heal there instead. But Your idea is a good method of staying there longer, Props To You

Since its not a complete guild just a bit of a add on it does belong here

Welcome to forums

Kingmickez25.png

only thing is, will it let you stay there for over 2hrs..?

if you use the tortoise to hold extra loot (since ur there longer) it'll die after 2hrs... =(

maybe if you replace a spot with another pouch it'll last 2 hrs 40mins - 3hrs

thnx for the welcome guys, couldnt think of a good name so i used my username... :roll:

*edit* idk, the idea just kinda came to me since i made 2 trips for a task of 51 drags... (im a newb :P)

actually, believe it or not, the last kill of my task, made me hit 65 slayer, finish task, AND i got dragon platelegs O_o

and my friend who was there got them too... crazy coincedences...

johnrulz77.png

If you bring a full tortoise you last longer!

Really? That's your guide? If you need to be told to use your best BoB, you shouldn't be going to metal dragons, seeing as it requires complicated decisions like "My dragonfire is about to run out, should I drink more?" And "There are dragon bones on the ground, should I pick them up?"

quit

its just an idea that came to mind :cry:

when i was there i burried the bones until i was running out of supplies then i took some to fill my inventory, so that answers your question

and if u bring the tortoise, it has exactly 18 slots, enough for double the killing supplies (not the tele, emergency food, etc.) so you dont have to worry about if you should use that last dose here or there you'll have more supplies per trip, hopefully that answers your other question ^.^

*edit* oh and to the first guy, i noticed fruit bat forages food well, u still wont have extra room for loots since the foraged food makes u last longer,

plus its 2 lvls higher then the tortoise, some people are only 67-68 for the bunyip or tortoise... personally i think this would be better then the fruit bat idea, but thats just me

johnrulz77.png

If you bring a full tortoise you last longer!

Really? That's your guide? If you need to be told to use your best BoB, you shouldn't be going to metal dragons, seeing as it requires complicated decisions like "My dragonfire is about to run out, should I drink more?" And "There are dragon bones on the ground, should I pick them up?"

Dude Relax Dont be a .....

Most people panic when there up doing something new

Ever gone to godwars and forgotten your symbol.....

You can change your sig 102 things runescape suggestions that dont suck mature players

Kingmickez25.png

It could be a good guide for beginners if you expand it a bit.

Maybe add alternatives for lower levels, do a bit of experimenting, format the guide to be a bit clearer, add some pictures etc.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Its nice, but i only see it for the lower levels. With mine i can stay there to finish a task. I just use 1 whole prayer pot for about 10 dragons or so. Pray flicker to last longer. And only need about 3 Anti-fire potions. What i do is bring the War Tort, but only summon towards the end of the task to hold more bones and other drops. They have few drops other then the bones that are worth while to pick up. But i still pick up all the stackable ones.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]